Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail 14:09 - Jun 7 with 16904 viewsreusersfreekicks

All a disgrace today. Utterly appalling...
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:11 - Jun 7 with 6800 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is the Mail headline; Apologists for terror, with pictures of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, not correct then?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:11]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:27 - Jun 7 with 6718 viewsfactual_blue

So nothing has changed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:29 - Jun 7 with 6719 viewsBenters

Why what have they said wrong?

nice set of pins on page 3 btw.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:29 - Jun 7 with 6721 viewsBlueBadger

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:11 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Is the Mail headline; Apologists for terror, with pictures of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, not correct then?

They're missing off Theresa May, who's quite happy to sell arms to a nation who's citizens are quite happy to support radical Islamists across the world?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:33 - Jun 7 with 6697 viewsmonytowbray

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:11 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

No.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:38 - Jun 7 with 6661 viewsfactual_blue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:29 - Jun 7 by Benters

Why what have they said wrong?

nice set of pins on page 3 btw.

That isn't a question decent people need to pose.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:42 - Jun 7 with 6641 viewschicoazul

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:29 - Jun 7 by BlueBadger

They're missing off Theresa May, who's quite happy to sell arms to a nation who's citizens are quite happy to support radical Islamists across the world?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:31]

and David Cameron and Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and John Major in that case.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:43 - Jun 7 with 6634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:33 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

No.

Really? You don't consider saying “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA" is apologising for terror?

Seriously?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:50 - Jun 7 with 6593 viewsmonytowbray

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:43 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Really? You don't consider saying “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA" is apologising for terror?

Seriously?

It's easy to sit on one side of a fence and call all the people on the other side of it the enemy.

It's also easy to be a tedious bore whom continually pushes this agenda and ignores all history/context of the Irish people in favour of sound bites.

And if even I'm bored of a political argument, I dread to think how bored everyone else here is of this continual narrative.

TWTD never forgets…

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:57 - Jun 7 with 6553 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:50 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

It's easy to sit on one side of a fence and call all the people on the other side of it the enemy.

It's also easy to be a tedious bore whom continually pushes this agenda and ignores all history/context of the Irish people in favour of sound bites.

And if even I'm bored of a political argument, I dread to think how bored everyone else here is of this continual narrative.

And once again I asked a question in a courteous and polite manner. Was there a need to throw insults?

Now if you accept that the Provisional IRA were a terrorist organisation then do you accept that the statement “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA" is apologising for that terror?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes then the Mail's front page is factually correct.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:59]

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:02 - Jun 7 with 6531 viewsmonytowbray

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:57 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

And once again I asked a question in a courteous and polite manner. Was there a need to throw insults?

Now if you accept that the Provisional IRA were a terrorist organisation then do you accept that the statement “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA" is apologising for that terror?

If the answer to either of those questions is yes then the Mail's front page is factually correct.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:59]

No, I accept it as understanding why that terror existed.

Tempted to get TWTD to crowd fund you a trip to Northern Ireland so you can hang out on some Catholic estates and actually speak to people who lived in Ireland during the troubles. You might be shocked by what you find.

TWTD never forgets…

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:07 - Jun 7 with 6506 viewsmanchego

Isn't it great we now have peace in Ireland
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:08 - Jun 7 with 6504 viewsbrazil1982

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:50 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

Another Jezbollah supporter with fingers in his ears.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:11 - Jun 7 with 6479 viewsmonytowbray

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:08 - Jun 7 by brazil1982

Another Jezbollah supporter with fingers in his ears.

No, just someone whom has been to Ireland and knows enough Irish people to understand the troubles outside of a Thatcherite bubble.

TWTD never forgets…

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:14 - Jun 7 with 6459 viewsblue_oyster

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:07 - Jun 7 by manchego

For the moment. We will see if surrendering turned out to be the right decision.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:14 - Jun 7 with 6458 viewsWD19

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:02 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

Tempted to get TWTD to crowd fund you a trip to Northern Ireland so you can hang out on some Catholic estates and actually speak to people who lived in Ireland during the troubles. You might be shocked by what you find.

Oh good, a younger person who lives in England patronising an older person who lives in Glasgow about the troubles in Northern Ireland. What could possibly go wrong.....
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:16 - Jun 7 with 6450 viewsBlueNomad

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:43 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Seriously?

Is May not a tacit supporter of the terror being rained on the people of North Yemen by Saudi Arabia as I type this?
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:18 - Jun 7 with 6444 viewsmonytowbray

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:14 - Jun 7 by WD19

Oh good, a younger person who lives in England patronising an older person who lives in Glasgow about the troubles in Northern Ireland. What could possibly go wrong.....

A tory living in Glasgow. Might as well be a white person trying to comment on the problems facing black people in America.

TWTD never forgets…

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:21 - Jun 7 with 6419 viewsartsbossbeard

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:18 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

A tory living in Glasgow. Might as well be a white person trying to comment on the problems facing black people in America.

*sips tea, gets comfy*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:24 - Jun 7 with 6398 viewsTownly

What's the rights and the wrongs of the Irish question got to do with planting a bomb in a Birmingham pub full of kids?

Those same youngsters who's ancestors were more than likely exploited by the very classes that abused the Irish.

Misplaced psychopathic and horrific behaviour and as bad as anything we are witnessing today.

Now we are expected to accept these murderers because they eventually agreed to peaceful means.

Ireland for the Irish, good thing. Except that the Protestant majority in the North did not want to be part of the Free State.

It's not the history, it's the now.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:34 - Jun 7 with 6347 viewsconnorscontract

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:07 - Jun 7 by manchego

The peace in Northern Ireland is incredibly fragile right now.

The power-sharing agreement has collapsed.

There are question marks over the open border with the South, post-Brexit.

These are two of the four most important aspects of the Good Friday agreement. De-commissioning of arms has, to all intents and purposes, happened; the establishment of the Police Service for Northern Ireland to replace the RUC (which was implicated in collusion with Loyalist paramilitaries) is the other core tenet.

Two of the leading architects of the power-sharing agreement, Martin McGuinness on the Republican side and Ian Paisley on the Loyalist side, have died.

The marching season is about to kick off.

The unspeakable worst outcome of the General Election I can foresee is a Conservative minority Government propped up by Ulster Unionists and Democratic Unionists, presiding over a Brexit that closes the border with Eire.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:50 - Jun 7 with 6292 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:02 - Jun 7 by monytowbray

Yes I completely understand why the Provisional IRA existed. In part it was to defend the Catholic minority who were being persecuted by the Protestant Unionist majority. They were treated like second class citizens in Northern Ireland and I have described their treatment as being similar to blacks in the Southern states of America.

I have also said that the Catholic minority who wanted to be part of united Ireland had legitimate grievances and they had two paths to follow in achieving either equal rights or a united Ireland. They could have taken the route walked by the SDLP. A route of dialogue through peaceful and democratic means. A route taken by Seamus Mallon who was a key player in the Good Friday agreement. Seamus Mallon who said of Jeremy Corbyn "He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace."

Or they could have taken the route of the Provisional IRA, which was to wage a war of terror which included murdering innocent British citizens. By any definition, the Provisional IRA were a terrorist organisation.

So again we get to the apologist for terror. You have accepted that they were a Terrorist organisation. So the words: “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA" is apologising for that terror.

As for your patronising comment about crowd funding me a trip to Northern Ireland,. I have visited both the North and Republic of Ireland several times. Living in Scotland it is difficult not to have friends who from both sides of the divide.

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:54 - Jun 7 with 6267 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:16 - Jun 7 by BlueNomad

Is May not a tacit supporter of the terror being rained on the people of North Yemen by Saudi Arabia as I type this?

She is complicit in it yes.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387531/time-to-cut-off-relations-with-saudi-arabia

The Saudis are guilty in my mind of war crimes against the ;people of Yemen and it is an absolute disgrace that our government does not come out and fully condemn any atrocities being carried out by that barbaric regime.

You see. Balance isn't that hard. You should try it sometime.

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:59 - Jun 7 with 6250 viewsconnorscontract

You know it is dirty politicking, deliberately devoid of context, with no right of reply, that besmirches democracy.

But you don't care about that, as long as you can have a good bray on Friday morning.

I mean, anyone can re-publish something someone said years before, like this C*ntservative Party leaflet, for example:

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 16:00 - Jun 7 with 6236 viewsartsbossbeard

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 15:59 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

You know it is dirty politicking, deliberately devoid of context, with no right of reply, that besmirches democracy.

But you don't care about that, as long as you can have a good bray on Friday morning.

I mean, anyone can re-publish something someone said years before, like this C*ntservative Party leaflet, for example:

There's some on here reaching for the tissues right now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024