Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caroline Lucas has done well 06:50 - Jun 9 with 1118 viewsWeWereZombies

Not just held onto Brighton Pavilion in an otherwise poor night for the Greens but increased her vote to over 50% of those cast.

Perhaps she should be the new PM?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Caroline Lucas has done well on 06:56 - Jun 9 with 1095 viewsRyorry

Yes, looks like the Greens were down to the high hundreds per seat on average, instead of low thousands - tho my local Andy Brown actually went up by 0.7%.

Can't say I'm surprised tho, even I was a bit reluctant to go on their manifesto in its entirety, which is a shambles - I only support them for their main aims/drive really.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:14 - Jun 9 with 1066 viewsJohnhoz

Nationally the Greens got half a million votes and have 1 mp. The SNP got a million votes and have 35 MP's

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:18 - Jun 9 with 1058 viewsRyorry

Jonathon Bartlett is impressive too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:23 - Jun 9 with 1041 viewsEdwardStone

Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:14 - Jun 9 by Johnhoz

Nationally the Greens got half a million votes and have 1 mp. The SNP got a million votes and have 35 MP's

The graphic in the Daily Mail (I know, I know) shows that the Greens only need a further 325 seats to form the next Govt.

Looking unlikely at this stage
Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:34 - Jun 9 with 1024 viewsWeWereZombies

Caroline Lucas has done well on 07:23 - Jun 9 by EdwardStone

The graphic in the Daily Mail (I know, I know) shows that the Greens only need a further 325 seats to form the next Govt.

Looking unlikely at this stage

Wasn't entirely serious in my suggestion of her for new PM, not only because the current lot of Labour and Tory apparatchiks couldn't accept her and would make it impossible for her to do the job but mainly because she would have to compromise her principles too much.

Whenever I have read Hansard on debates she has contributed to she comes across as the most practical and well informed MP, something wrong with our system when our best are not able to be used to the best of their abilities.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024