Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So May is forming an agreement with a political party 10:35 - Jun 9 with 2416 viewsBOjK

who have prevented the legalisation of abortion and gay marriage in Northern Ireland and whose deputy leader attended a wake for a UVF member.

Lovely.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:37 - Jun 9 with 2389 viewsuefacup81

But it's not Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser, so it's all okay... right?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:44 - Jun 9 with 2353 viewsGlasgowBlue

I wonder what price the DUP will exrtract to prop up May? by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 8:49
I doubt it will be in th interests of a fair and peaceful Northern Ireland

I'd rather see the Tories promise Tim a vote on PR or a penny on income tax for the NHS in exchange for confidence and supply tbh

As matter of interest, as I genuinely don't know, did the deputy leader attended a wake for a UVF member whilst they were carrying out acts of terror or after the Good Friday Agreement.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 2319 viewsBOjK

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:44 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I wonder what price the DUP will exrtract to prop up May? by GlasgowBlue 9 Jun 2017 8:49
I doubt it will be in th interests of a fair and peaceful Northern Ireland

I'd rather see the Tories promise Tim a vote on PR or a penny on income tax for the NHS in exchange for confidence and supply tbh

As matter of interest, as I genuinely don't know, did the deputy leader attended a wake for a UVF member whilst they were carrying out acts of terror or after the Good Friday Agreement.

It appears at the time. This was 1986. He (John Bingham https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bingham_(loyalist)) was named as a UDF commander by a supergrass and shot by the IRA.

I agree with you I'd rather see the LibDems giving confidence and supply rather than the DUP. But the LDs would demand membership of the single market as that price, which almost no Tory MPs would think was a reasonable price.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:49 - Jun 9 with 2310 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps you should have voted Labour.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:52 - Jun 9 with 2273 viewsElderGrizzly

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:48 - Jun 9 by BOjK

It appears at the time. This was 1986. He (John Bingham https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bingham_(loyalist)) was named as a UDF commander by a supergrass and shot by the IRA.

I agree with you I'd rather see the LibDems giving confidence and supply rather than the DUP. But the LDs would demand membership of the single market as that price, which almost no Tory MPs would think was a reasonable price.

I think we've been burnt too badly after 2010, that we wouldn't go anywhere near the Tories in coalition, or even a confidence deal.

All very uncomfortable with the DUP coming in here
So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:52 - Jun 9 with 2267 viewsBOjK

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:49 - Jun 9 by J2BLUE

Perhaps you should have voted Labour.

I refuse to vote for terrorist sympathisers whoever they are.

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:55 - Jun 9 with 2243 viewsGlasgowBlue

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:48 - Jun 9 by BOjK

Then if he forms any part of the government I shall rip up my membership card.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't after the stick I have given Corbyn.

Any chance you can call your man Blair to set up a new centre party? Just get him to drop the obsession with the EU please.

Either that or Ruth Davidson breaks away from the UK party.

Iron Lion Zion

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:00 - Jun 9 with 2210 viewsBOjK

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 10:55 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

Then if he forms any part of the government I shall rip up my membership card.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't after the stick I have given Corbyn.

Any chance you can call your man Blair to set up a new centre party? Just get him to drop the obsession with the EU please.

Either that or Ruth Davidson breaks away from the UK party.

I'd be staggered if he was in government.

But Northern Ireland is going to have lots of nice new roads and schools.

Login to get fewer ads

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:06 - Jun 9 with 2185 viewsGlasgowBlue

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:00 - Jun 9 by BOjK

I'd be staggered if he was in government.

But Northern Ireland is going to have lots of nice new roads and schools.

Will Sinn Feinn reverse their position and take up their seats in order to frustrate this coalition?

As it is every Sinn Fein gain last night was seen as one less seat the Tories needed to form any sort of government.

Iron Lion Zion

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:09 - Jun 9 with 2170 viewsBOjK

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:06 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

Will Sinn Feinn reverse their position and take up their seats in order to frustrate this coalition?

As it is every Sinn Fein gain last night was seen as one less seat the Tories needed to form any sort of government.

Gerry Adams has said he won't, and even if they did MayDUP (see what I did there) would have a majority of 8 or so, so I can see no upside in them doing so.

This is actually something which it is possible McGuinness might have considered. He - or so I read - was more conciliatory than Adams.

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:11 - Jun 9 with 2157 viewsCaptainObvious

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:09 - Jun 9 by BOjK

Gerry Adams has said he won't, and even if they did MayDUP (see what I did there) would have a majority of 8 or so, so I can see no upside in them doing so.

This is actually something which it is possible McGuinness might have considered. He - or so I read - was more conciliatory than Adams.

maydup ooh i like that. mind you condem never really took off.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:14 - Jun 9 with 2137 viewsElderGrizzly

So May is forming an agreement with a political party on 11:09 - Jun 9 by BOjK

"MayDUP" will be a Momentum hashtag by the end of the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024