Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that saddened me for some reason 11:43 - Jun 9 with 2972 viewsm14_blue

Was Nick Clegg losing his seat.

Seemed like a decent man who always did his best for the country and his constituency, even if he erred seriously at times.

Also feels like it was a vindictive act by a student heavy vote rather than the positive motivation behind the Labour vote in many seats.
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:46 - Jun 9 with 2955 viewsuefacup81

He's a man who'd have sold his granny for a shot at the top job. Unfortunately he decided to sell the student population down the river instead.

No sympathy.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:47 - Jun 9 with 2948 viewsGlasgowBlue

He put the country first in 2010.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:48 - Jun 9 with 2932 viewsm14_blue

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:47 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

He put the country first in 2010.

Agreed.

People may appreciate that more when they see the chaos of a minority government or a coalition with the sodd1ng DUP.
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:48 - Jun 9 with 2930 viewsgiant_stow

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:46 - Jun 9 by uefacup81

He's a man who'd have sold his granny for a shot at the top job. Unfortunately he decided to sell the student population down the river instead.

No sympathy.

Absolute bollox - he did what he thought was right for the country in 2010 and hasn't stopped paying for that since. How much worse that govt would have been without them, Gawd only knows.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:57 - Jun 9 with 2903 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Me too

His losing speech was very dignified and classy

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:13 - Jun 9 with 2868 viewsWD19

Agree completely, but he will be OK. Very well liked and respected and will have lots of job offers.
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:16 - Jun 9 with 2846 viewsSarge

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 11:48 - Jun 9 by giant_stow

Absolute bollox - he did what he thought was right for the country in 2010 and hasn't stopped paying for that since. How much worse that govt would have been without them, Gawd only knows.

Presumably there wouldn't have been a government without them since it was a hung parliament again..

Whilst I like Clegg, he and many other lib dems did sell the students down the river.
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:19 - Jun 9 with 2828 viewsgiant_stow

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:16 - Jun 9 by Sarge

Presumably there wouldn't have been a government without them since it was a hung parliament again..

Whilst I like Clegg, he and many other lib dems did sell the students down the river.

fair point, but then we'd have most likely been bang in the economic do do with the markets / debt rates etc... That was the point.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:20 - Jun 9 with 2820 viewsJ2BLUE

Same here. I like him. He might win it back in 2017 GE 2.0 in a few months time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:20 - Jun 9 with 2818 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:20 - Jun 9 by J2BLUE

Same here. I like him. He might win it back in 2017 GE 2.0 in a few months time.

*shudders*

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

[Redacted] on 12:22 - Jun 9 with 2808 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:26 - Jun 9 with 2798 viewsm14_blue

[Redacted] on 12:22 - Jun 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

FPTP
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:28 - Jun 9 with 2788 viewsBlueinBrum

[Redacted] on 12:22 - Jun 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

When i was expecting a Tory landslide my one crumb of comfort was a belief that after the masses realised how awful life was becoming we would see the resurgence of a centrist party in a few years' time, be that in the guise of lib dems, labour or a new party.

Now I guess that centre ground is most likely to be covered by a post-Corbyn Labour - after they've utilised his (well-deserved) tide of good feeling and implemented a Keir Starmer type figure capable of delivering a true majority.

Or something completely batsh1t and unexpected will happen again.
[Redacted] on 12:55 - Jun 9 with 2745 viewsvictorywilhappen

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:26 - Jun 9 by m14_blue

FPTP

[Redacted]
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:00 - Jun 9 with 2730 viewsLord_Lucan

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:28 - Jun 9 by BlueinBrum

When i was expecting a Tory landslide my one crumb of comfort was a belief that after the masses realised how awful life was becoming we would see the resurgence of a centrist party in a few years' time, be that in the guise of lib dems, labour or a new party.

Now I guess that centre ground is most likely to be covered by a post-Corbyn Labour - after they've utilised his (well-deserved) tide of good feeling and implemented a Keir Starmer type figure capable of delivering a true majority.

Or something completely batsh1t and unexpected will happen again.

I don't see much changing to be honest.

May looks like she will hang on and Corbyn is very secure as Labour leader, he isn't going anywhere.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:08 - Jun 9 with 2701 viewsconnorscontract

[Redacted] on 12:55 - Jun 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

FPTP=First Past the Post. A system which makes it very difficult for a third party to gain traction and influence, and increases the likelihood of people making a binary choice for their "least-worst" of the big two. With a constituency based system it also leads to voters being disenfranchised by huge majorities which make their vote (either for or against the incumbent) effectively worthless.

As opposed to Proportional Representation which enfranchises every voter and gives direct representation for people's first choice party.
[Redacted] on 13:08 - Jun 9 with 2701 viewsvictorywilhappen

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:00 - Jun 9 by Lord_Lucan

I don't see much changing to be honest.

May looks like she will hang on and Corbyn is very secure as Labour leader, he isn't going anywhere.

[Redacted]
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:21 - Jun 9 with 2654 viewsconnorscontract

[Redacted] on 13:08 - Jun 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

That's the DUP who were formally endorsed by the UVF and Red Hand Commandos:

And with the Power Sharing Agreement in crisis, and questions over the border because of May's obsession with Hard Brexit.

I keep saying it: it's the worst possible outcome.
One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:24 - Jun 9 with 2643 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 13:08 - Jun 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Let's face it, The DUP are going to have no part to play in anything. They are just making up the numbers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 13:30 - Jun 9 with 2615 viewsElderGrizzly

One thing that saddened me for some reason on 12:16 - Jun 9 by Sarge

Only after Labour had done it previously by introducing tuition fees in the first place, when they had denied they would in their manifesto.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024