Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? 07:07 - Jun 10 with 6498 viewsMullet

Are the DUP terrorists or not then?
Does their links to creationism, homophobia, anti-abortion ignorance etc. not sound at all familiar? If a little uncomfortable?

Blair was a Christian after all and that was the reason he lead us down such a bad road wasn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 07:55 - Jun 10 with 4654 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think anybody is defending them, apparently Glassers sent back his membership when he heard (he said it on the other thread).

It's a truly awful decision by May. The DUP are an awful bunch of people and shouldn't be anywhere near power.

The fact she doesn't see this is just another reason, in very many reasons, that she should go or be pushed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:00 - Jun 10 with 4646 viewsNo9

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 07:55 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

I don't think anybody is defending them, apparently Glassers sent back his membership when he heard (he said it on the other thread).

It's a truly awful decision by May. The DUP are an awful bunch of people and shouldn't be anywhere near power.

The fact she doesn't see this is just another reason, in very many reasons, that she should go or be pushed.

SB

I agree with you entirely & would add that I was dismayed to tories were ever stupid enough to let her become leader her record in politics and power is not good. I don't think there is any gutter she couldn't cawl into.

I would be very surprised if her goose isn't already in the oven, the difficulty there is that the tories don't have anyone decent to put up & if they did should they be made to go through another election.

Given the immediacy of the EU negotiations a coalition of all parties on the 'leave' committee is the only way e.g Kier Starmer is mcuh better equipped to lead than anyone the tories could put up
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:03 - Jun 10 with 4635 viewsMullet

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 07:55 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

SB

I genuinely can't believe the cheek of it after all the "terrorist sympathiser" smears of JC and I'm no great fan of his.

It's pretty clear that May and the Tories as a whole will sell their asses to the Devil to keep power.

For all the sh1t Weegie gets on here and brings on himself he is at least a man of his word. Even if he is a wrongheaded old boy for being that sort of blue of course....

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:06 - Jun 10 with 4630 viewsartsbossbeard

One of my Tory FB friends posted last night that Corbyn simply can't be trusted as he's not prepared to negotiate and agree a deal with another party to win an election.

It sums the man up, apparently.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:09 - Jun 10 with 4615 viewsStokieBlue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:03 - Jun 10 by Mullet

I genuinely can't believe the cheek of it after all the "terrorist sympathiser" smears of JC and I'm no great fan of his.

It's pretty clear that May and the Tories as a whole will sell their asses to the Devil to keep power.

For all the sh1t Weegie gets on here and brings on himself he is at least a man of his word. Even if he is a wrongheaded old boy for being that sort of blue of course....

I agree entirely, it's ridiculous.

Davidson (who is actually very good) has already distanced herself from it given the DUPs anti-gay policies.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:12 - Jun 10 with 4606 viewsNo9

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:09 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

I agree entirely, it's ridiculous.

Davidson (who is actually very good) has already distanced herself from it given the DUPs anti-gay policies.

SB

Davidson has two personalities the I'm a nice person for the TV audiences
on the radio she comes across as a an agressive righ wing t bigoted @rsehole
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:14 - Jun 10 with 4589 viewsimsureazzure

It has not been defended has it?

Terrible decision by a terrible leader.

It is a fuc up all round, Labour can not govern, Cons can not govern
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:15 - Jun 10 with 4580 viewsMJallday

lets face it , it was "lose" or "make a deal with the devil" - and guess what she chose

anyone who sympathises with terrorist activities, be it tory, labour or whatever - well i think we all know what to think of them.

i admire Glassers for having the principles to do what he did. im sure that took a lot for him.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:15 - Jun 10 with 4577 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:03 - Jun 10 by Mullet

They were on 'our' side though. To coin a phrase 'GET BEHIND YOUR TERRORISTS' Or something like that.

However distasteful their views, presumably the DUP are a politically genuine, non-violent party now? If so, I think their past is as irrelevant as Corbyn's past links. It would be good if everyone could show a willingness to compromise and move on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:17 - Jun 10 with 4559 viewsDanTheMan

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:15 - Jun 10 by Swansea_Blue

They were on 'our' side though. To coin a phrase 'GET BEHIND YOUR TERRORISTS' Or something like that.

However distasteful their views, presumably the DUP are a politically genuine, non-violent party now? If so, I think their past is as irrelevant as Corbyn's past links. It would be good if everyone could show a willingness to compromise and move on.

Agreed.

Although it's not the terrorist thing that annoys me, it's the possibility of screwing up the peace process in Ireland and the nasty views the DUP have.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:18 - Jun 10 with 4551 viewsMullet

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:14 - Jun 10 by imsureazzure

Hence the question. It certainly has on social media in general.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:25 - Jun 10 with 4527 viewsRadlett_blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:14 - Jun 10 by imsureazzure

That's what happens when an electorate is divided. The PR advocates would do well to realise that such a system would mean that deals like this would become the norm.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:28 - Jun 10 with 4518 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:17 - Jun 10 by DanTheMan

Agreed.

Although it's not the terrorist thing that annoys me, it's the possibility of screwing up the peace process in Ireland and the nasty views the DUP have.

Yep. Whilst it would be good if people could move on I've very little confidence they will or can. This stirs up the pot for sure.

Why don't the UK main parties stand in NI as they do in Scotland or Wales? Politics organised on sectarian lines over there is asking for trouble.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:34 - Jun 10 with 4497 viewsRadlett_blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:28 - Jun 10 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Whilst it would be good if people could move on I've very little confidence they will or can. This stirs up the pot for sure.

Why don't the UK main parties stand in NI as they do in Scotland or Wales? Politics organised on sectarian lines over there is asking for trouble.

Labour used to stand in Northern Ireland, gut gave up years ago as they had become completely marginalised.
The Conservatives used to be known as "The Conservative & Unionist Party" & were closely aligned with the old Ulster Unionist Party before that fractured in the 1970s.
If you want Northern Ireland to become less sectarian - and I do - you need to start with integrating the schools.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:41 - Jun 10 with 4479 viewsMullet

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:25 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

That's what happens when an electorate is divided. The PR advocates would do well to realise that such a system would mean that deals like this would become the norm.

But the lies told and sniffiness towards a "coalition of chaos" would all be avoided with PR as people would know this beforehand. It's this tasteless revisionism on the hoof that is so unsavoury.

There's also this denial that is a coalition rather than a "deal" whatever colour you want to paint this turd, we've now got a terrible leader, a terrible party beholden to a tiny fairly extreme regional minority with no clear vision of how this plays out.

It's everything we were promised to avoid with May at the helm.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:43 - Jun 10 with 4471 viewsFtnfwest

It's alright the shifty twins are happy for British governments to be bombed to the negotiating table
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:34 - Jun 10 with 4382 viewsRadlett_blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:41 - Jun 10 by Mullet

But the lies told and sniffiness towards a "coalition of chaos" would all be avoided with PR as people would know this beforehand. It's this tasteless revisionism on the hoof that is so unsavoury.

There's also this denial that is a coalition rather than a "deal" whatever colour you want to paint this turd, we've now got a terrible leader, a terrible party beholden to a tiny fairly extreme regional minority with no clear vision of how this plays out.

It's everything we were promised to avoid with May at the helm.

OK - but as the election shows, the country is very divided.
The only viable options are as follows:
1. May leads a minority government (with or without tacit DUP support).
2. Corbyn forms a minority government (which for reasons of mathematics, won't last very long or be able to pass much).
3. Another election.
Which do you think is the best of these 3 for the country?

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:41 - Jun 10 with 4372 viewsGuthrum

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:25 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

But, on the other hand, there would cease to be a reason for the 20th century monolithic blocs (Labour, Conservative) to continue to hold together. We would have a multiplication of smaller parties, meaning the choice of coalition partners was wider and didn't of necessity have to include the fringe oddballs.

The British electorate might also grow up and not punish parties for going into coalition.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:45 - Jun 10 with 4364 viewsRadlett_blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:41 - Jun 10 by Guthrum

But, on the other hand, there would cease to be a reason for the 20th century monolithic blocs (Labour, Conservative) to continue to hold together. We would have a multiplication of smaller parties, meaning the choice of coalition partners was wider and didn't of necessity have to include the fringe oddballs.

The British electorate might also grow up and not punish parties for going into coalition.

I fully agree that PR is fairer & would change voting behaviour as voting for a minority party would no longer be seen as a wasted vote. However, fracturing of parties doesn't necessarily lead to better government & there would inevitably be more coalitions, changes of government & elections.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:46 - Jun 10 with 4357 viewsNo9

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:34 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

2. Corbyn forms a minority government (which for reasons of mathematics, won't last very long or be able to pass much).
3. Another election.

You must remember Thatcher did everythign she could to divide and keep the country divided
Cameron did the same BOTH leaders did that to benefit the tories

We are where we are because tory leaders only ever think of the tories.
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:57 - Jun 10 with 4327 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:34 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

Labour used to stand in Northern Ireland, gut gave up years ago as they had become completely marginalised.
The Conservatives used to be known as "The Conservative & Unionist Party" & were closely aligned with the old Ulster Unionist Party before that fractured in the 1970s.
If you want Northern Ireland to become less sectarian - and I do - you need to start with integrating the schools.

Cheers. I assume the sectarian sh*t is so embedded the main UK parties are off message. Agree on schools - I hate seeing kids indoctrinated into entrenched positions, whatever the issue/cause.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:09 - Jun 10 with 4316 viewstcblue

I put a post on a thread before the election that this felt like the final whimpers of a political system that's been broken for a long time, but I'm really feeling bad about it now, if Glassers really has chopped in his badges then I'm genuinely a bit sad about it, I always had in ways envied his enthusiasm and faith in politics, even if I really disagree with those political views.

If nothing else, this election finally mobilised younger voters, hopefully they can be a big part of modernising things longer term, even if the DUP and Tories take us temporarily back to the 1930s.
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:25 - Jun 10 with 4283 viewsGuthrum

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:45 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

I fully agree that PR is fairer & would change voting behaviour as voting for a minority party would no longer be seen as a wasted vote. However, fracturing of parties doesn't necessarily lead to better government & there would inevitably be more coalitions, changes of government & elections.

To an extent. Altho countries like Germany seem to manage alright.

People in this country seem to be afraid of elections. Almost as if politics were an intrusion into their daily lives (eating up valuable TV-watching time), rather than us taking an active interest in how our own country is run.

Perhaps if elections were a more common thing, they would become less of a big deal. People would naturally keep themselves up-to-date on issues, rather than having to rely on pre-digested media summaries of manifestoes they don't have time to read when a vote does come along. Opinions could be formed, discussed and refined, rather than being spoon-fed from one's favourite tabloid.

We might end up with a consensus which actually works, rather then constant tinkering and broken promises.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:46 - Jun 10 with 4251 viewsMullet

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:34 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

3. Another election.

I'd much rather see Corbyn form a coalition if we're talking for the good of the country. His costings can be tested and his policies reigned in.

May's decision to call an election is almost criminal both in terms of waste and negligence. The only good thing about another one would be if we reformed British politics and adopted a 21st century voting model instead of votes being so undemocratically weighted for individuals.

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:55 - Jun 10 with 4229 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there no chance that a small group on Conservatives will refuse to go along with this or are they all willing to look the other way to retain power?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024