Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland fans 17:15 - Jun 11 with 5032 viewsm14_blue

Have I missed all the righteous hand wringing and self flagellation over the scots roundly booing our national anthem and singing offensive songs? (The Jimmy Savile chant was particularly loud).

Or is offensive behavior only offensive when it's the English doing it?

All the media seem to be saying is what a great atmosphere it was. England have their fair share of idiots but the way our fans are treated by 'our' press really is massively ott.
Scotland fans on 17:18 - Jun 11 with 5006 viewstiptreeblue

it`s alright because it was aimed at us, it`s only offensive when the English do it to anybody else. haven`t you realised that yet. the so called self righteous people on here are just a bunch of hypocritical idiots in my book
Scotland fans on 17:19 - Jun 11 with 4998 viewstcblue

These days, you get arrested and jailed, just for saying you're English
Scotland fans on 17:30 - Jun 11 with 4963 viewsnoggin

Good to see we took it to Europe too, well Magaluf actually.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Scotland fans on 18:40 - Jun 11 with 4885 viewsTractorWood

[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 18:40]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Scotland fans on 18:57 - Jun 11 with 4836 viewsJohnhoz

Scotland fans on 17:19 - Jun 11 by tcblue

These days, you get arrested and jailed, just for saying you're English

What , just for saying you're English??

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Scotland fans on 19:07 - Jun 11 with 4811 viewsCoastalblue

Scotland fans on 18:40 - Jun 11 by TractorWood

[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 18:40]

I also saw reports of the England team applauding the Scots fans and being applauded in return.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Scotland fans on 19:31 - Jun 11 with 4759 viewspelles321

A lot of our fans were singing that Jimmy Saville chant for large periods of the away game at Leeds this season. Probably best we get our own house in order before we criticise anyone.
Scotland fans on 19:36 - Jun 11 with 4749 viewsm14_blue

Scotland fans on 19:31 - Jun 11 by pelles321

A lot of our fans were singing that Jimmy Saville chant for large periods of the away game at Leeds this season. Probably best we get our own house in order before we criticise anyone.

I think you've totally missed the point.

I'm not saying England (or Ipswich) fans don't act like idiots sometimes, I'm saying that almost every set of fans do. However, our press would have you believe that we are the exception and a national disgrace, despite far, far worse incidents across Europe on an almost weekly basis.

Slating England fans sells papers unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Scotland fans on 19:50 - Jun 11 with 4730 viewspelles321

Scotland fans on 19:36 - Jun 11 by m14_blue

I think you've totally missed the point.

I'm not saying England (or Ipswich) fans don't act like idiots sometimes, I'm saying that almost every set of fans do. However, our press would have you believe that we are the exception and a national disgrace, despite far, far worse incidents across Europe on an almost weekly basis.

Slating England fans sells papers unfortunately.

No, didn't miss the point at all. Just didn't agree with it. Behaviour of England fans has been disgraceful for years. I was at the England v Scotland game at Wembley. Some of the chanting which I heard was disgusting from England fans. There was almost a fight in front of me as one impressive fan challenged some fans for a homophobic chant. People around us looking forward to fights after the game.

Rather than blame the negative media, which appears to justify this behaviour, I would encourage fans to focus on challenging the problematic elements of their own clubs/countries.
Scotland fans on 19:57 - Jun 11 with 4712 viewsm14_blue

Scotland fans on 19:50 - Jun 11 by pelles321

No, didn't miss the point at all. Just didn't agree with it. Behaviour of England fans has been disgraceful for years. I was at the England v Scotland game at Wembley. Some of the chanting which I heard was disgusting from England fans. There was almost a fight in front of me as one impressive fan challenged some fans for a homophobic chant. People around us looking forward to fights after the game.

Rather than blame the negative media, which appears to justify this behaviour, I would encourage fans to focus on challenging the problematic elements of their own clubs/countries.

Fair enough, although I don't really see how some Town fans acting up at Leeds was relevant. As I said before I don't disagree that England fans can be idiots. I've been going home and away for 20 years and have seen plenty examples of it, many of which have hugely embarrassed me.

However, I don't think looking for balanced reporting from the media and expecting an improvement in our fans behaviour are mutually exclusive.

Irritates me that everyone is talking about what a great atmosphere it was (which it was), when had the roles been reversed it would have been completely different.
Scotland fans on 20:23 - Jun 11 with 4663 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Scotland fans on 17:30 - Jun 11 by noggin

Good to see we took it to Europe too, well Magaluf actually.

Whoever uploaded that video needs to look up the definition of the word fight.

Poll: Best Football Song

Scotland fans on 20:33 - Jun 11 with 4638 viewsnoggin

Scotland fans on 20:23 - Jun 11 by RoyKeanesDog

Let's be honest, 99% of football related trouble is a few fannies throwing chairs and bottles.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Scotland fans on 21:46 - Jun 11 with 4533 viewstcblue

Scotland fans on 18:57 - Jun 11 by Johnhoz

What , just for saying you're English??

Yes! These days
Scotland fans on 22:09 - Jun 11 with 4477 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Scotland fans on 20:33 - Jun 11 by noggin

Let's be honest, 99% of football related trouble is a few fannies throwing chairs and bottles.

These days, yes. In this country anyway.

Poll: Best Football Song

Scotland fans on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 4453 viewsjpring89

Scotland fans on 20:23 - Jun 11 by RoyKeanesDog

Its barely handbags to be fair.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Scotland fans on 09:10 - Jun 12 with 4309 viewsFreddies_Ears

It was really good natured in the ground. Rituals such as anthem-booing are to be expected. The odd edgy song, fine (it's Scotland v England ffs). The minute's silence was impeccably observed, and the rest was just tribal posturing. Hard to explain to those not there, but it was absolutely nothing like the idiocy of too many English in Germany recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024