Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Garner - He will do well for us 17:27 - Jun 11 with 8833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I want it on record that, in my opinion, he's a Bl00dy good signing.

Finally Mick has listened to me and signed him (admittedly years after I first said to) but 67 goals in the last 4 seasons is good going.

67 goals in 4 seasons averages just under 17 goals a season.

The creativity of Didz will help him to get the chances he needs.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:30 - Jun 11 with 7281 viewsLuk38644

I'm a bit sceptical tbh.

He strikes me as a slightly more effective Luke Varney. Hard working, decent in the air and scores from time-to-time but it seems he got found out against Championship defenders while at Preston and he certainly isn't a striker that can hold up the ball and bring others into play which is what we need, that's priority #1.

If this is Pitman's replacement and for an impact off the bench, OK, that's fine, but if he's going to be leading the line alongside McGoldrick or Sears, I don't think it will work.
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:31 - Jun 11 with 7261 viewsJ2BLUE

We need Chris Burke to fire in some crosses.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:34 - Jun 11 with 7233 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:31 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

Now it feels like 2014 again

Me praising Garner. You calling for Burke.

All we need is Bloo to come back and it's a rerun before the CRS were formed

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:39 - Jun 11 with 7193 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:30 - Jun 11 by Luk38644

I'm a bit sceptical tbh.

He strikes me as a slightly more effective Luke Varney. Hard working, decent in the air and scores from time-to-time but it seems he got found out against Championship defenders while at Preston and he certainly isn't a striker that can hold up the ball and bring others into play which is what we need, that's priority #1.

If this is Pitman's replacement and for an impact off the bench, OK, that's fine, but if he's going to be leading the line alongside McGoldrick or Sears, I don't think it will work.

5-2-2-1

Bart
Spence-Chambo-Webby-Smith-Knudsen/Kenlock
Skuse-New Signing
Sears/New Signing - Didz
Garner

That's not tooooooo bad

Desperately need a bit more creativity though

A Fraser/Lawrence loanee would help

4-2-3-1 potentially with a new signing like Lawrence in behind the striker maybe

As a side note, it's nice to be talking about footy again after a fortnight of politics

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:41 - Jun 11 with 7186 viewsRadlett_blue

Most of his goals have been scored in League 1 so I really don't see how Garner will be an upgrade on Pitman. Aged 29 so unlikely to improve.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:42 - Jun 11 with 7174 viewsHipsterectomy

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:41 - Jun 11 by Radlett_blue

Most of his goals have been scored in League 1 so I really don't see how Garner will be an upgrade on Pitman. Aged 29 so unlikely to improve.

He's going to be our Grant Holt

BELIEVE.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 20:44 - Jun 11 with 6966 viewsbournemouthblue

on paper, he should be better than our previous backup players

I hope he is not seen on a first choice starter

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:12 - Jun 11 with 6843 viewsHipsterectomy

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 20:44 - Jun 11 by bournemouthblue

on paper, he should be better than our previous backup players

I hope he is not seen on a first choice starter

I highly doubt it. He went from first choice Preston striker and, as the other thread said, "first name on the team sheet", to a Ranger's first choice striker, to a Town 3rd, 4th or 5th choice?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:31 - Jun 11 with 6761 viewsHipsterectomy

"There's a reason we're getting rid mate! Decent in the air, clumsy, plenty of effort but often in wasted areas. More effort than skill."

Ranger's fan on Twitter. Now it makese sense.

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:36 - Jun 11 with 6731 viewstaximan

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:31 - Jun 11 by Hipsterectomy

"There's a reason we're getting rid mate! Decent in the air, clumsy, plenty of effort but often in wasted areas. More effort than skill."

sounds ideal
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:43 - Jun 11 with 6699 viewsBluedandy

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:31 - Jun 11 by Hipsterectomy

Celtic fans lampooned Murphy ... I'd say judgement north of the border is not infallible.
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:46 - Jun 11 with 6685 viewstextbackup

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 17:31 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

Paul Anderson you mean

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:51 - Jun 11 with 6650 viewstextbackup

Terry butcher reckons he can't header the ball? Could be an issue due to the player he's replacing and job he'll be asked to do

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:56 - Jun 11 with 6617 viewstaximan

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:51 - Jun 11 by textbackup

Terry butcher reckons he can't header the ball? Could be an issue due to the player he's replacing and job he'll be asked to do

from memory he is ok in the air

hopefully this is not the only striker arriving this summer

very much a trier, but not a prolific scorer at this level

a better option than keefy tho !!!!
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:59 - Jun 11 with 6604 viewstextbackup

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:56 - Jun 11 by taximan

from memory he is ok in the air

hopefully this is not the only striker arriving this summer

very much a trier, but not a prolific scorer at this level

a better option than keefy tho !!!!

However, just watched his goals from league 1 season 2013.... 8/9 quality headed goals. Cheers Terry!

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:59 - Jun 11 with 6603 viewsjas0999

In fairness you are always half full aren't you?! No harm in that. I'll reserve judgement on this occasion. Typical MM player ... sadly.
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 22:01 - Jun 11 with 6586 viewstaximan

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:59 - Jun 11 by textbackup

However, just watched his goals from league 1 season 2013.... 8/9 quality headed goals. Cheers Terry!

he will p1ss off those that he is playing against

a proper annoyance
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 23:51 - Jun 11 with 6432 viewsHipsterectomy

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:59 - Jun 11 by jas0999

In fairness you are always half full aren't you?! No harm in that. I'll reserve judgement on this occasion. Typical MM player ... sadly.

"You'll never, ever fault him for effort. He's just not very good. Very surprised he's getting a Championship team tbh, League One player."

Sounds like most of MM signings tbh.

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 00:05 - Jun 12 with 6403 viewsKieran_Knows

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 22:01 - Jun 11 by taximan

he will p1ss off those that he is playing against

a proper annoyance

About time we had a player like that. A welcome addition.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 00:19 - Jun 12 with 6386 viewsmonytowbray

Say something to annoy Glassers in this thread, I'm sure it will never be forgotten and linked to in a future discussion when you have a disagreement.

;)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 00:44 - Jun 12 with 6362 viewspnecha

A lot of the goals you mention are in League 1 or the SPL.

The harsh reality is that in his sole season in the Championship with us, he scored 6 goals. 2 were pens, and 2 were headers from corners. So 2 goals from open play all season, and he played nearly all game every game, therefore showing he wasn't much of a goal threat.

I'll always be thankful to Garner for his sensational 2 seasons in League 1 with us, but looking past the sentiment, I thought he just wasn't good enough at this level.

Expect battling performances, lots of successful aerial battles, and lots of pushing/shoving/diving/general dirty antics, but don't expect many goals from him in this division. He couldn't score many with Forest, Watford, or us at Championship level.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 0:45]
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 00:56 - Jun 12 with 6346 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:51 - Jun 11 by textbackup

I typed his name in on twitter and saw loads of rangers fans linking that story saying Butcher is talking sh1t. Apparently his heading ability is his best thing according to a few.

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 00:58 - Jun 12 with 6339 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 21:59 - Jun 11 by jas0999

True

I find life much happier finding the positives from things than dwelling on the sh1t that goes on.

Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 01:02 - Jun 12 with 6330 viewsTractorboy24

I always had garner down as a similar player to McGoldrick, skillfull & can hold the ball up, then I saw him play against us and he spent the game mouthing off and throwing himself to the floor, so I'm not entirely sure how good a signing it is.

I'll always give a new player time, so fingers crossed he does come good.
Joe Garner - He will do well for us on 07:06 - Jun 12 with 6180 viewsNo9

Back to HOOFBALL?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024