Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big thank you to McCarthyEra... 22:06 - Jun 11 with 7416 viewshoppy

Got back about an hour ago from a great weekend, with McCarthyEra hosting his 3rd Annual BBQ. What a lovely place - and such a good time, good food, good beers, good company - and then fantastic pizzas later on, prepared and served by the neighbour arriving on a tractor, towing a converted horsebox - now home to a pizza oven...

To those that were there - was great to meet you all, and to have some really interesting conversations, but specifically to McCarthyEra, thank you so much for making your place so available for fellow Town fans, and Yasmin said she can't wait to be able to tell what she did at the weekend tomorrow at school when they all get to tell... I wonder if anyone else will get time to say what they got up to, once she's finished...

Thanks from all of us.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 6981 viewsjeera

2nd year in a row I've been gutted I couldn't go.

Good for him for putting it on. Sounds really good.

Next year. ..

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:51 - Jun 11 with 6921 viewsJoeSoap

It was indeed a really brilliant effort by McCarthyEra, who could fail to love the guy.
It was really good to meet you and the others, including the irrepressible Yasmin.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 22:55]

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:56 - Jun 11 with 6883 viewsTony

Likewise - great to meet everyone yesterday. Shame we missed the pizzas, I do however still have a bottle of Rogers scrumpy! Thanks also to McCarthyEra, Tony.
A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:58 - Jun 11 with 6878 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:51 - Jun 11 by JoeSoap

It was indeed a really brilliant effort by McCarthyEra, who could fail to love the guy.
It was really good to meet you and the others, including the irrepressible Yasmin.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 22:55]

Was so glad you were able to make it - I hope you don't suffer too much for it - take it easy, and a big thank you to your Mrs Soap and your daughter for keeping her so busy too... she loved them and was disappointed to see them go!

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:59 - Jun 11 with 6866 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:18 - Jun 11 by jeera

Next year. ..

Don't worry... you didn't miss anything really!

Hopefully, next year...

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 23:03 - Jun 11 with 6841 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:56 - Jun 11 by Tony

Likewise - great to meet everyone yesterday. Shame we missed the pizzas, I do however still have a bottle of Rogers scrumpy! Thanks also to McCarthyEra, Tony.

I'm currently enjoying one of said bottles of scrumpy, along with a toasted stottie with some of the chilli cheese we ended up bringing back with us...

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 23:22 - Jun 11 with 6797 viewsJoeSoap

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:58 - Jun 11 by hoppy

Was so glad you were able to make it - I hope you don't suffer too much for it - take it easy, and a big thank you to your Mrs Soap and your daughter for keeping her so busy too... she loved them and was disappointed to see them go!

Thanks, not suffered any consequences as yet, I think the beer must have helped.

I believe it was probably mutually beneficial having the two girls there, Jen loved it too and was sad to leave, she slept most of the way home, think Yasmin wore her out.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 00:12 - Jun 12 with 6688 viewsGuthrum

Indeed. Good time, great to see everybody. Thanks again to the excellent host.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 00:16 - Jun 12 with 6682 viewsmonytowbray

Did anyone mention me showing up with a big MEAT IS MURDER sign and slapping burgers out of everyone's hands? Might do that next year.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 07:13 - Jun 12 with 6502 viewspimballwizard

BIG BIG thank you to McCarthyEra for such a brilliant time. Great to meet such nice people in such an excellent location. The "shergarburger " pizzas dispensed from the back of a horsebox was surreal. Ticked off another 'Spoons (Gloucester ) The Regal an old cinema , and marvelled at the monumental Cathedral. Made it safely back to the big smoke with some excellent chauffeuring from Senor Pendejo. Happy days love to all.
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:30 - Jun 12 with 6458 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 23:22 - Jun 11 by JoeSoap

Thanks, not suffered any consequences as yet, I think the beer must have helped.

I believe it was probably mutually beneficial having the two girls there, Jen loved it too and was sad to leave, she slept most of the way home, think Yasmin wore her out.

Good to hear - and that the beer helped!

Yes, I think it was great they had each other there and played so nicely - along with Tony's two on Saturday as well.

I had both Yasmin and KJ asleep for a fair bit on the journey home - but she was talking non-stop the rest of it, you'd probably be surprised to hear, or not!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 7:33]

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 07:49 - Jun 12 with 6400 viewsMJallday

Superb company , amazing food. Lots of alcohol and of course thank you to McCarthyEra as always.

Some pictures below

As you can see, we vandelised various parts of the A417 to let people know where McCarthyEra's place is

Newcy bought some things called "stotties" - which are basically massive baps (no jokes at all there) - all we know is you can get a shedload of bacon in them!

Nutella pizza anyone?

Finally, i think Yasmine captured the assembled beautifully (guthers doesnt have that much hair)

[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 7:59]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 08:45 - Jun 12 with 6277 viewsjeera

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 07:49 - Jun 12 by MJallday

Superb company , amazing food. Lots of alcohol and of course thank you to McCarthyEra as always.

Some pictures below

As you can see, we vandelised various parts of the A417 to let people know where McCarthyEra's place is

Newcy bought some things called "stotties" - which are basically massive baps (no jokes at all there) - all we know is you can get a shedload of bacon in them!

Nutella pizza anyone?

Finally, i think Yasmine captured the assembled beautifully (guthers doesnt have that much hair)

Yep, that's exactly how I visualise Guthers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 09:04 - Jun 12 with 6234 viewsFreddies_Ears

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 23:22 - Jun 11 by JoeSoap

I am not at all surprised. She does the same to mere adults too. Lovely kid.
A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 09:12 - Jun 12 with 6211 viewsNewcyBlue

McCarthyEra is a hero. I really enjoyed meeting everyone there.

I had a blast.

Cheers guys.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 09:15 - Jun 12 with 6193 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Some pictures below

Nutella pizza anyone?

How many of you went in the end?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 11:07 - Jun 12 with 6076 viewsGuthrum

Must add to that thanks to the actor, a Town fan (unfortunately prevented at the last minute from making it on Saturday), who was appearing in the excellent farce "Don't Dress For Dinner" at the Everyman in Cheltenham and met up in the pub after.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 11:34 - Jun 12 with 6025 viewshoppy

Some pictures below

Nutella pizza anyone?

Newcy's baps certainly were a joy to behold...

I've got another one with me to have for my lunch today!

I notice you fail to mention how Yasmin depicted you, in between Guthers and me... fairly spot on?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 11:59 - Jun 12 with 6001 viewsMJallday

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 11:34 - Jun 12 by hoppy

Newcy's baps certainly were a joy to behold...

I've got another one with me to have for my lunch today!

I notice you fail to mention how Yasmin depicted you, in between Guthers and me... fairly spot on?

the glasses were uncanny - far too much hair on my head though.

we'll get her using MS paint for next year

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 12:42 - Jun 12 with 5946 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 11:59 - Jun 12 by MJallday

the glasses were uncanny - far too much hair on my head though.

we'll get her using MS paint for next year

She prefers Photoshop, I'm afraid.

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 13:14 - Jun 12 with 5888 viewsMJallday

I'd like to also add that Liz Edwards gets a lot of stick on here , but the gesture she made (a squad signed Portman Road plaque) for McCarthyEra for organising the Barbecue was a genuinely lovely thing to watch. You could see how touched he was to receive it.

Well done that lady.

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 14:24 - Jun 12 with 5810 viewsJ2BLUE

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 22:18 - Jun 11 by jeera

Next year. ..

Bless you mate. You've never wondered why it always falls on a day you can't go?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 14:27 - Jun 12 with 5814 viewsJ2BLUE

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 13:14 - Jun 12 by MJallday

I'd like to also add that Liz Edwards gets a lot of stick on here , but the gesture she made (a squad signed Portman Road plaque) for McCarthyEra for organising the Barbecue was a genuinely lovely thing to watch. You could see how touched he was to receive it.

Well done that lady.

She also made a generous donation to the TWTD banner IIRC. Most of the stick comes from a small vocal minority.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 14:31 - Jun 12 with 5799 views_

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 14:27 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

She also made a generous donation to the TWTD banner IIRC. Most of the stick comes from a small vocal minority.

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 16:10 - Jun 12 with 5730 viewshoppy

A big thank you to McCarthyEra... on 13:14 - Jun 12 by MJallday

Well done that lady.

She wasn't actually there, but made a special point of getting it to me in time for us to take down with us as a thank you to McCarthyEra for putting this event on for ITFC supporters.

As you say, a nice gesture and not something that she had to do at all, and was certainly appreciated.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024