Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station 11:59 - Jun 12 with 5967 viewssoupytwist

for a party of about 8 please? Need something for a work thing, not too flash but half decent.

Thanks
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:02 - Jun 12 with 5955 viewsFreddies_Ears

You can reserve a table and be served at the wonderful Parcel Yard pub at KX itself. Great beer and wine, and excellent "posh pub grub" in a classic building.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 5929 viewsvapour_trail

A couple of questions:

1. Do you like sausage and mash?
2. Do you have ninety quid?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:14 - Jun 12 with 5922 viewsconnorscontract

Less than 10 minute walk, or a very quick taxi ride:

http://harrisonbar.co.uk/
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 5920 viewsStokieBlue

The Fellow is decent.

Grainstore is very good indeed but depending on what you want to spend. Same for the Gilbert Scott (although worth going there just for the adjoining bar).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:48 - Jun 12 with 5890 viewsSitfcB

Kristal Kebab

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 5888 viewsReuser_is_God

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:48 - Jun 12 by SitfcB

Kristal Kebab

I was going to say that I bet there is a Wasabi nearby...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 13:16 - Jun 12 with 5857 viewsDuckegg

Caravan ..... 2 min walk

http://www.caravanrestaurants.co.uk/kings-cross.html
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 5850 viewseireblue

http://www.mildreds.co.uk/

Few minutes walk up Pentonville Rd.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 13:30 - Jun 12 with 5843 viewsfactual_blue

The Gilbert Scott Restaurant and Bar in the St Pancras Hotel.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 5784 viewsSitfcB

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:49 - Jun 12 by Reuser_is_God

I was going to say that I bet there is a Wasabi nearby...

They do a mean doner wrap 🤤

Yeah, there's one in the Station.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 15:23]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 15:31 - Jun 12 with 5765 viewsjontysnut

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 13:22 - Jun 12 by eireblue

http://www.mildreds.co.uk/

Few minutes walk up Pentonville Rd.

or Piebury Corner on Caledonian Road -opposite the very good Scottish Stores pub
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 15:35 - Jun 12 with 5761 viewsArcher4721

I used The Parcel Yard the other day.

Very good and reasonable.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 5692 viewsCoastalblue

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 12:15 - Jun 12 by StokieBlue

The Fellow is decent.

Grainstore is very good indeed but depending on what you want to spend. Same for the Gilbert Scott (although worth going there just for the adjoining bar).

SB

Seconded for Grainstore, but fear it may be a bit much for a casual style work meet up as you say, well worth while if budgets allow though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 19:36 - Jun 12 with 5658 viewsstonojnr

Parcel Yard or Betjeman Arms good fallback
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 22:04 - Jun 12 with 5612 viewssoupytwist

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 19:04 - Jun 12 by Coastalblue

Seconded for Grainstore, but fear it may be a bit much for a casual style work meet up as you say, well worth while if budgets allow though.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I considered Grainstore on a previous occasion but the menu did not find favour with the clearly less sophisticated palettes of my colleagues.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 20:27 - Jun 22 with 5499 viewssoupytwist

Went to the Harrison in the end, food and drink were good and it's a nice place. Might do Caravan next time.

Thanks everyone.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 20:43 - Jun 22 with 5484 viewsSuperfrans

A bar with food, rather than a restaurant, but you should consider this place - Spiritland, which has a fantastic sound system, the best in London, so I'm told. Very cool. Excellent place to hang out.

http://spiritland.com/food-and-drink/

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 00:48 - Jun 23 with 5420 viewsbluejake78

Plenty of Pussie.All you can eat for £10.Bring your own penicillin and TCP.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 01:01 - Jun 23 with 5415 viewsSarge

I've just been to Pizza Union. Good, proper Roman style pizza for less than a fiver.
Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 08:54 - Jun 23 with 5367 viewsStokieBlue

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 01:01 - Jun 23 by Sarge

I've just been to Pizza Union. Good, proper Roman style pizza for less than a fiver.

I've noticed they have opened up a few more of those.

Great pizza and very cheap.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 09:37 - Jun 23 with 5349 viewsKeaneish

Grain Store, Dishoom or Granger and Co.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 10:31 - Jun 23 with 5338 viewsSarge

Can anyone recommend a reasonable eatery near Kings Cross station on 08:54 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

I've noticed they have opened up a few more of those.

Great pizza and very cheap.

SB

Have you tried Franco Manca? Similarly cheap but more of a traditional restaurant so service not quite as quick. Pizza Union just edges it for me but Franco Manca also really great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024