Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner or Pitman? 12:21 - Jun 12 with 6164 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 11:50]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Garner or Pitman? on 13:47 - Jun 12 with 6060 viewshoppy

I'm not sure where you're getting your figures from?

Pitman has nowhere near played 196 games for us, and Garner hasn't played any...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Garner or Pitman? on 13:52 - Jun 12 with 6029 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 13:47 - Jun 12 by hoppy

I'm not sure where you're getting your figures from?

Pitman has nowhere near played 196 games for us, and Garner hasn't played any...

championship.

Garner or Pitman? on 14:01 - Jun 12 with 5996 viewshoppy

Garner or Pitman? on 13:52 - Jun 12 by CaptainObvious

championship.

Ah, so not both playing in the same team, with the same supply etc then?

From what you've seen of Pitman, would you think he's the most effective in our team? We don't know as yet what Garner would be like, as he hasn't been signed yet. Difficult to judge him before he has.

I don't think Pitman is the answer, otherwise, he would've been so last season. Therefore, I'm happy to reserve judgment on Garner until he has signed and played for us.

Garner or Pitman? on 14:18 - Jun 12 with 5970 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 14:01 - Jun 12 by hoppy

Ah, so not both playing in the same team, with the same supply etc then?

From what you've seen of Pitman, would you think he's the most effective in our team? We don't know as yet what Garner would be like, as he hasn't been signed yet. Difficult to judge him before he has.

I don't think Pitman is the answer, otherwise, he would've been so last season. Therefore, I'm happy to reserve judgment on Garner until he has signed and played for us.

I just asked the question, giving the most relevant unbiased info that i had space for in the answer options.

Garner or Pitman? on 14:20 - Jun 12 with 5964 viewsLuk38644

Although Pitman can be a good striker at this level, he does not work with the way we play under Mick and Garner will, so on that basis, I'd rather have Garner.
Garner or Pitman? on 14:24 - Jun 12 with 5949 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 14:20 - Jun 12 by Luk38644

Although Pitman can be a good striker at this level, he does not work with the way we play under Mick and Garner will, so on that basis, I'd rather have Garner.

Which begs the questions a) why did McCarthy sign a player that doesn't fit into his system and b) is the requirement from evans/milne to play more attractive football going to be ignored by the manager
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 14:25]

Garner or Pitman? on 14:25 - Jun 12 with 5943 viewswkj

Garner or Pitman for waht - A strong target man who dictates the tempo of an attrack? Garner- and under that his primary role is to create and score, so his Championship goal ratio isn't indicative of really anything significant.

Pitman is more of a finishing style of striker, so comparing him to garner is apples and oranges

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Garner or Pitman? on 14:29 - Jun 12 with 5929 viewsLuk38644

Garner or Pitman? on 14:24 - Jun 12 by CaptainObvious

Which begs the questions a) why did McCarthy sign a player that doesn't fit into his system and b) is the requirement from evans/milne to play more attractive football going to be ignored by the manager
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 14:25]

Mick probably just thought that, while in contact with Bournemouth, let's try and get a decent striker on a free. I doubt we would have signed Pitman if Bournemouth didn't buy Mings.
Login to get fewer ads

Garner or Pitman? on 14:30 - Jun 12 with 5928 viewsJ2BLUE

Has this gone the way you hoped?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Garner or Pitman? on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 5875 viewsWickets

Garner or Pitman? on 14:29 - Jun 12 by Luk38644

Mick probably just thought that, while in contact with Bournemouth, let's try and get a decent striker on a free. I doubt we would have signed Pitman if Bournemouth didn't buy Mings.

Also we all know that Pitman is a good finisher with Ryan Fraser coming on loan at the time Mick expected the chances would come unfortnatly Frazer spent quite a lot of time out injured.
Garner or Pitman? on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 5813 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 14:30 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Has this gone the way you hoped?

I hoped neither way, but expected Garner to poll more as there is an itfc loyalty factor. If he had chosen not to come and i put out the same poll, the results would be totally different.

Garner or Pitman? on 15:52 - Jun 12 with 5806 viewstheblueginger

I voted Garner mostly on the basis the strange figures show your bias.
Garner or Pitman? on 15:55 - Jun 12 with 5798 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 15:52 - Jun 12 by theblueginger

I voted Garner mostly on the basis the strange figures show your bias.

strange figures? not sure how championship stats don't relate to our status in the championship.

Garner or Pitman? on 16:21 - Jun 12 with 5757 viewswkj

Garner or Pitman? on 15:55 - Jun 12 by CaptainObvious

strange figures? not sure how championship stats don't relate to our status in the championship.

The inclusion of figures was strange in itself. One is a "Number 10" type and the other is a "Number 9" type - Kind of like asking people to vote between Bialkowski and Skuse based on their dribbling ratio

Crybaby

Garner or Pitman? on 16:23 - Jun 12 with 5751 viewsCaptainObvious

Garner or Pitman? on 16:21 - Jun 12 by wkj

The inclusion of figures was strange in itself. One is a "Number 10" type and the other is a "Number 9" type - Kind of like asking people to vote between Bialkowski and Skuse based on their dribbling ratio

Shouldn't a number 9 have a better strike rate due to playing up front, rather than a number 10 playing a deeper role?

Garner or Pitman? on 16:26 - Jun 12 with 5744 viewswkj

Garner or Pitman? on 16:23 - Jun 12 by CaptainObvious

Shouldn't a number 9 have a better strike rate due to playing up front, rather than a number 10 playing a deeper role?

Depends on the style of football the team players really - traditionally yes, but ITFC playing traditional football seems like a pipe dream now a days

Crybaby

Garner or Pitman? on 11:52 - Jun 14 with 5546 viewsCaptainObvious

Make that £1m now to buy a player more suited to long ball, in direct contravention of Evans 5 point plan or whatever it was.

You can't square this circle.

Garner or Pitman? on 14:15 - Jun 14 with 5467 viewsrickw

Garner or Pitman? on 11:52 - Jun 14 by CaptainObvious

Make that £1m now to buy a player more suited to long ball, in direct contravention of Evans 5 point plan or whatever it was.

You can't square this circle.

McCarthy doesn't give a F### about Evans's 5 point plan!

Garner will offer a lot to the team and hopefully Sears and McGoldrick will benefit from his workrate and score more goals. Pitman is a good finisher and will always score more than Garner but offers little else, so hopefully Garner will be better for the team.

Most fans agreed with Murphy it's not just his goals we'd miss - the whole gameplan was built around him hassling the opposition and holding up play and it's clear we missed that last season, Mick can't play any other way....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Garner or Pitman? on 14:20 - Jun 14 with 5452 viewsFrimleyBlue

Garner or Pitman? on 16:21 - Jun 12 by wkj

is it like that squad number guy asking us to choose best number 30's when one was a keeper and one a midfielder.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Garner or Pitman? on 14:24 - Jun 14 with 5444 viewshoppy

Garner or Pitman? on 14:20 - Jun 14 by FrimleyBlue

is it like that squad number guy asking us to choose best number 30's when one was a keeper and one a midfielder.

If only he'd got up to 30 already... then he wouldn't have too many more to go, would he?

Garner or Pitman? on 20:49 - Jun 14 with 5325 viewsgroovyASH

I liked Pitman but he never had the stamina to play regularly and he rarely looked fit. We need another striker to go with Garner, McGoldrick and Sears all the same if Pitman is on his way out, and I'm simply not counting Moore as a genuine 4th 1st team striker. We are missing a solid number 10.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024