Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket holders love a moan.... 08:19 - Jun 13 with 6981 viewsitfcjoe

Season tickets are still cheaper
Your seat is guaranteed for every match
You have higher ticket priority for away and cup/play off games
You contribute more to the club you support.

This is a positive step for the club, one that is long overdue and one I've spoken about for years (despite being a ST holder).

Get over it, and be pleased that the club are trying to attract fans - everyone wants a full Portman Road.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:24 - Jun 13 with 6183 viewsReuser_is_God

Yup, some top blubbing.

My decision not to renew has work out brilliantly; I found out that my college day next year is on Tuesdays 9am-8pm in London so I wouldn't make Tuesday night games anyway. I'll probably just buy one of the 12 game packages, pick & choose a few more & I'll probably have done all the games I can actually make for less money than having a ST.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 8:50]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:51 - Jun 13 with 6127 viewsbluesym

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:24 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

Yup, some top blubbing.

My decision not to renew has work out brilliantly; I found out that my college day next year is on Tuesdays 9am-8pm in London so I wouldn't make Tuesday night games anyway. I'll probably just buy one of the 12 game packages, pick & choose a few more & I'll probably have done all the games I can actually make for less money than having a ST.

Exactly this.

I find it tricky getting to Tuesday night games due to childcare so,like you i could get to a bunch of games and it will work out cheaper than a season ticket.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:54 - Jun 13 with 6115 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:24 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

Yup, some top blubbing.

Have they announced those 12 game bundles yet?
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:55 - Jun 13 with 6118 viewsmaccyd9

It's brilliant news Joe.

However, from a personal point of view, it has meant for me that I may look now to cancel mine.

I can't make a lot of midweek games and invariably miss 4 or 5 games a season just for that, so now with the reduced prices it does mean that actually, I might be better off not having a season ticket.

But on the whole, a great step by the club and if some good signings can follow and we start well, it could see attendances rise quite dramatically.
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:55 - Jun 13 with 6107 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:54 - Jun 13 by ElderGrizzly

Have they announced those 12 game bundles yet?

According to the story Phil put up they'll release details soon.

Evans out

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:57 - Jun 13 with 6099 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:55 - Jun 13 by maccyd9

It's brilliant news Joe.

However, from a personal point of view, it has meant for me that I may look now to cancel mine.

I can't make a lot of midweek games and invariably miss 4 or 5 games a season just for that, so now with the reduced prices it does mean that actually, I might be better off not having a season ticket.

But on the whole, a great step by the club and if some good signings can follow and we start well, it could see attendances rise quite dramatically.

May be better off buying 1 of the 12 game bundles & 1 of the 6 game bundles.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 9:00]

Evans out

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:57 - Jun 13 with 6092 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:55 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

According to the story Phil put up they'll release details soon.

Ah, so he did.

I don't like to get too close to the end of the news stories as the news comments start to come into view :)
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:01 - Jun 13 with 6076 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree, although I have seen someone say if you buy a ST now, it's actually more expensive than 23 match tickets?
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:03 - Jun 13 with 6065 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:01 - Jun 13 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, although I have seen someone say if you buy a ST now, it's actually more expensive than 23 match tickets?

Not in lower tiers, unsure about upper & posh seats!

Evans out

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:05 - Jun 13 with 6058 viewsitfcjoe

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 08:55 - Jun 13 by maccyd9

It's brilliant news Joe.

Everyone has their reasons and different lifes and different decisions to make - but this protection of ST holders at the expense of everyone else has gone on for too long now in my opinion (as a long term season ticket holder)

We all want a fuller ground, this will help towards that in my view. I think it will work well (although still think the ST pricing was poorly done - the U11 tickets look even worse now)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:07 - Jun 13 with 6048 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:05 - Jun 13 by itfcjoe

Everyone has their reasons and different lifes and different decisions to make - but this protection of ST holders at the expense of everyone else has gone on for too long now in my opinion (as a long term season ticket holder)

We all want a fuller ground, this will help towards that in my view. I think it will work well (although still think the ST pricing was poorly done - the U11 tickets look even worse now)

Agreed.

Any ST holder worrying about matchday tickets being a bit cheaper than previously is a bit anal.

Evans out

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:16 - Jun 13 with 6015 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The cheap under 19 matchday ticket of £9 means I shall be bringing far more people to games next year compared to the previous price of £19

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:23 - Jun 13 with 5991 viewsHarryWright

Agreed, it's good news. I still don't think it makes up for the complete mess up of the season ticket prices but well done to the club for finally getting something right for the first time in a long time.
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:29 - Jun 13 with 5968 viewsScuzzer

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:23 - Jun 13 by HarryWright

Agreed, it's good news. I still don't think it makes up for the complete mess up of the season ticket prices but well done to the club for finally getting something right for the first time in a long time.

Me thinks they have got this arse about face. Should have set the match day price first and then agreed on the season ticket price to safeguard the season ticket differential. Complete joke of a business masquerading as a football club.

Established 1968

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:38 - Jun 13 with 5944 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:29 - Jun 13 by Scuzzer

Me thinks they have got this arse about face. Should have set the match day price first and then agreed on the season ticket price to safeguard the season ticket differential. Complete joke of a business masquerading as a football club.

The differential was huge though, arguably far bigger than it needed to be in order to make the season ticket good value (compared to match day pricing, not good value overall). This is a positive step from the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 09:40 - Jun 13 with 5940 viewsSWGF

Can someone contact Joe and tell him Ian Milne's got his login credentials?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 10:38 - Jun 13 with 5859 viewsFixed_It

I think I started the moaning earlier - but it was really tongue in cheek. I am happy for there to be more fans in the stadium, although feel the season ticket prices should have at least been frozen in light of the matchday reductions.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:20 - Jun 13 with 5796 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm very interested in the bundles.

Assuming you can pick any games from across the season as work makes it unworkable if it's done in blocks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:54 - Jun 13 with 5743 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:20 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

I'm very interested in the bundles.

Assuming you can pick any games from across the season as work makes it unworkable if it's done in blocks.

I think it's through the season

Otherwise it's a stupid idea

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:59 - Jun 13 with 5714 viewsJ2BLUE

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:54 - Jun 13 by The_Romford_Blue

I think it's through the season

Otherwise it's a stupid idea

I seem to have completely missed the announcement last summer. I had no idea we had packages.

Truly impaired.

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 12:21 - Jun 13 with 5666 viewsBluestu

I think the reduction in prices is a welcome move. If the club now came out and said we got it wrong with regards to season tickets and offered the 5% reduction as a matter of course it would be the start of bringing back an element of goodwill from the fans
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 12:29 - Jun 13 with 5628 viewsReuser_is_God

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:59 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

I seem to have completely missed the announcement last summer. I had no idea we had packages.

All the other blokes on here have packages mate...

Evans out

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 12:32 - Jun 13 with 5622 viewsJ2BLUE

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 12:29 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

All the other blokes on here have packages mate...

Yes I know, that's why they call you 'The Courier' because you love getting your hands on them.

Truly impaired.

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 5546 viewsVaughan8

Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 11:59 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

If I remember rightly, those packages were introduced later on (maybe I am wrong?)

The problem with the packages last year is that you saved like £1 a ticket for committing to 12 tickets, which seemed a bit pointless as not many (if any) you would struggle to get a seat!
Season ticket holders love a moan.... on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 5519 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Can I ask a question? Are you a season ticket holder yourself?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024