Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got to be said. 21:52 - Jun 13 with 5339 viewsScuzzer

Stirling is beyond belief.

Established 1968

Got to be said. on 22:19 - Jun 13 with 5282 viewsFtnfwest

There are certainly some nice places in scotland
Got to be said. on 05:50 - Jun 14 with 5114 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Here Scuzzer, while we're on the subject of Sterling you never did respond to this:

Pogbas transfer & the agents take by C_HealyIsAPleasure 11 May 2017 11:47
Interesting that you've singled Sterling out there, rather than say, John Stones who has so far offered much less

Why is he a waste of space?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Got to be said. on 07:44 - Jun 14 with 5011 viewsLord_Lucan

Didn't watch it. Was he good or bad?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Got to be said. on 07:49 - Jun 14 with 4990 viewsJohnhoz

Got to be said. on 07:44 - Jun 14 by Lord_Lucan

He played well.............

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Got to be said. on 07:53 - Jun 14 with 4974 viewsBluebell

I asssume you mean Sterling but what do you mean by beyond belief? That he is good or bad?

I actually don't rate him at all and wonder why Defoe wasn't brought on for the last 20 minutes or so.

If that is the best team England can come up with, they are in trouble!
Got to be said. on 09:30 - Jun 14 with 4850 viewsSwansea_Blue

Got to be said. on 07:44 - Jun 14 by Lord_Lucan

He ran around a lot, but on the ball ran into dead ends and lacked a final ball. So pretty much as usual. Flatters to deceive - looks kind of good because he can beat a man for pace, but that's about it. He had a couple of great opportunities to just lash it at goal but didn't respond quick enough and that about sums him up. Quick of feet, slow of brain.

On the plus side, our pressing and team shape at times were pretty good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Got to be said. on 10:39 - Jun 14 with 4775 viewsbrazil1982

He's a richer Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Got to be said. on 10:55 - Jun 14 with 4755 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Got to be said. on 10:39 - Jun 14 by brazil1982

He's a richer Shaun Wright-Phillips.

If he didn't play for Liverpool or Man City (for a £50m fee) then he wouldn't be in the squad.

He is a good Premier league player, but he has an awful touch, not a lot between his ears and only relies on being lightning quick which doesn't really mean a lot if you can't cross, pass or anticipate and understand the game.

He is a classic case of modern football fans liking a player who can run at people but achieve very little in doing so. There's not a lot between him and Zaha in my book
Login to get fewer ads

Got to be said. on 11:08 - Jun 14 with 4715 viewsHarry_Palmer

Got to be said. on 10:55 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

If he didn't play for Liverpool or Man City (for a £50m fee) then he wouldn't be in the squad.

He is a good Premier league player, but he has an awful touch, not a lot between his ears and only relies on being lightning quick which doesn't really mean a lot if you can't cross, pass or anticipate and understand the game.

He is a classic case of modern football fans liking a player who can run at people but achieve very little in doing so. There's not a lot between him and Zaha in my book

So you didn't appreciate his touch and intelligence in the build up to the first goal then?

I did.
Got to be said. on 11:10 - Jun 14 with 4704 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Got to be said. on 11:08 - Jun 14 by Harry_Palmer

So you didn't appreciate his touch and intelligence in the build up to the first goal then?

I did.

One decent moment doesn't make him a world class player.

I hold my hands up and say he did very well in that situation and does have some very impressive moments, but he is just another Wright-Philips, Walcott, Lennon, Zaha et al, who have moments of excellence but also moments of absolute turd.
Got to be said. on 11:31 - Jun 14 with 4670 viewsHarry_Palmer

Got to be said. on 11:10 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I hold my hands up and say he did very well in that situation and does have some very impressive moments, but he is just another Wright-Philips, Walcott, Lennon, Zaha et al, who have moments of excellence but also moments of absolute turd.

I don't recall anybody saying he is world class.

I generally haven't rated him that highly in the past, mainly due to his lack of end product but on the evidence of last night I see definite signs of improvement.

He is already much better than Wright Phillips and Lennon ever were.
Got to be said. on 12:55 - Jun 14 with 4584 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Got to be said. on 11:31 - Jun 14 by Harry_Palmer

I don't recall anybody saying he is world class.

I generally haven't rated him that highly in the past, mainly due to his lack of end product but on the evidence of last night I see definite signs of improvement.

He is already much better than Wright Phillips and Lennon ever were.

Rated as Englands best player last night by the usually excellent F365...

http://www.football365.com/news/how-englands-players-rated-v-france

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Got to be said. on 13:07 - Jun 14 with 4562 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Got to be said. on 10:55 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That's quite harsh on Zaha!!

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Got to be said. on 14:03 - Jun 14 with 4482 viewsrickw

Got to be said. on 12:55 - Jun 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Rated as Englands best player last night by the usually excellent F365...

http://www.football365.com/news/how-englands-players-rated-v-france

Those reviews aren't far wrong!
I thought Sterling was up there along side Jones and Bertrand as our best players

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Got to be said. on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 4438 viewschicoazul

Got to be said. on 11:10 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I wonder what all the players you mention there have in common.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Got to be said. on 14:41 - Jun 14 with 4426 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Got to be said. on 14:37 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I wonder what all the players you mention there have in common.

They all play on the wing?
Got to be said. on 14:45 - Jun 14 with 4417 viewschicoazul

Got to be said. on 14:41 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

They all play on the wing?

Strange how you didnt pick say Lallana or Ross Barkley isnt it. All the guys you picked are black. I wonder why?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Got to be said. on 15:13 - Jun 14 with 4364 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Got to be said. on 14:45 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Strange how you didnt pick say Lallana or Ross Barkley isnt it. All the guys you picked are black. I wonder why?

Is this some sort of Whoosh or an attempted fishing line..

I would happily throw Barkley into that mix if he were to actually get some game time for England.. Another overhyped player who blows hot & cold. In fact Eric Dier, who the pundits love has been bang average in his past few England appearances. And Lallana I believe is one of the few who has played well for England over the past 12 months..

As for the main crux of your post, I will not bite as I think it's a desperate attempt to try and make a link when one simply isn't there.
Got to be said. on 17:39 - Jun 14 with 4267 viewschicoazul

Got to be said. on 15:13 - Jun 14 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Is this some sort of Whoosh or an attempted fishing line..

I would happily throw Barkley into that mix if he were to actually get some game time for England.. Another overhyped player who blows hot & cold. In fact Eric Dier, who the pundits love has been bang average in his past few England appearances. And Lallana I believe is one of the few who has played well for England over the past 12 months..

As for the main crux of your post, I will not bite as I think it's a desperate attempt to try and make a link when one simply isn't there.

Maybe you're subconsciously racist? It's ok, most people are. That's why its important to point these things out.

EDIT: you also said Sterling has no brains and relies on pace. Think about what that implies. This is the kind of bad language and thinking that young black footballers have to put up with all the time. It's like people who said Mings and Danny Haynes and Kieron Dyer were arrogant.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 17:42]

Got to be said. on 00:31 - Jun 15 with 4083 viewsconnorscontract

Got to be said. on 14:45 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Ross Barkley? He's 1/4 Nigerian heritage:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/22/sun-newspaper-apologises-everton-foot
Got to be said. on 06:47 - Jun 15 with 4039 viewsNo9

Yep value falling creating inflation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024