Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... 13:57 - Jun 15 with 2960 viewsTheBlueBarca

He is a very much overpriced at this level but he could be a potentially good signing although I fail to see him working particularly well with Sears or Didz as a partnership.

Some of those Preston goals were phenomenal but coming into our side, which is one without much creativity with a midfield much weaker than last seasons as things stand (I know, that sounds mad to even think) I don't think we can expect Garner to be Murphy mk2. We have also lost our top goalscorers from the last 3 seasons now with the departures of Pittman, Murph and Lawrence so we are really going to have to find those goals from somewhere or we could quite realistically go down.

If you read between the lines of what Lawrenson and Butcher have said about him, both having watched him play a fair bit you can see that Garners an ideal partner for the goalscoring centre forward and at his best when plays off of him and not the goalscoring centre forward himself as such. Garners ideal partner could be someone like Daryl Murphy.

Does that mean we are chasing the new new Murph as well? Or are we thinking more radical and going into the new season with a front 3 (Sears, Garner and Didz?), with one in the middle and two supporting strikers playing off that player? I am doubtful but while we don't have much of a midfielder either way, I can see no harm in bypassing it altogether!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:18 - Jun 15 with 2870 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Is he overpriced? Murphy was sold for £3.5 million and was 33 at the time. Garner at less than £1 million seems about right in the current market IMO.

I genuinely hope that Garner is the first of 2 strikers coming in this summer though & I have a feeling that Cauley Woodrow might be the other striker to come in as well. We would then have a nice mixture of strikers that can play in a variety of ways and would give us plenty of options tactically.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 2800 viewsfergalsharkey

He is shyte.

Poll: Cook out?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:51 - Jun 15 with 2756 viewsartsbossbeard

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:29 - Jun 15 by fergalsharkey

He is shyte.

Controversially, I'm going to see him in a Town shirt before whinging like a girl.

I'll post my thoughts - positive or negative - after he's got a couple of games under his belt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:54 - Jun 15 with 2740 viewsBlueBadger

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:51 - Jun 15 by artsbossbeard

Controversially, I'm going to see him in a Town shirt before whinging like a girl.

I'll post my thoughts - positive or negative - after he's got a couple of games under his belt.

Blimey, STEADY.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:55 - Jun 15 with 2737 viewsBlueBadger

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 14:29 - Jun 15 by fergalsharkey

He is shyte.

You appear to have taken a wrong turn and ended up on the forum rather than the news comments.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 16:27 - Jun 15 with 2627 viewsbluehook

It's 4.25 on Thursday 15 June and as far as we know, he hasn't signed for us yet!
My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 18:13 - Jun 15 with 2517 viewsTractorWood

Think it's broadly the best we can hope for in our current state. Hope he does the biz.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 08:28 - Jun 16 with 2295 viewsADR

Exactly right, none of us really have any idea how he will do. You could do with dropping the casual sexism though.
Login to get fewer ads

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 08:31 - Jun 16 with 2292 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Has he even signed? I am behind this week on what is going on.

If we did not manage to get it over the line, would there be a board based backlash?
My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 08:33 - Jun 16 with 2287 viewstaximan

My thoughts on the Joe Garner signing are... on 18:13 - Jun 15 by TractorWood

Think it's broadly the best we can hope for in our current state. Hope he does the biz.

agree

plus its a great song
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024