Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edinburgh 10:42 - Jun 16 with 5589 viewsBlueinBrum

Off to Edinburgh with lady brum today for the weekend.

Any suggestions for restaurants/things to do?

Please & thanks
Edinburgh on 10:59 - Jun 16 with 5553 viewssurreyblue

Royal Mile is nice. If you are fish fans, then there is a Loch Fyne at the harbour which has some nice views. There are plenty of fun and interesting ghost tours on in the evenings as well
Edinburgh on 11:02 - Jun 16 with 5546 viewsMoisha

Can't go wrong with Rose Street.... loads of bars and restaurants
Edinburgh on 11:30 - Jun 16 with 5526 viewskizaitfc

If you like comedy, the stand is great value!

For music Sneaky Petes

Would definitely advise doing Arthur's Seat, if you do, visit a pub called the Auld House. Great beer and they also do the largest stack of delicious Nachos you will see

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Edinburgh on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 5515 viewsDarth_Koont

Head up Calton Hill for the panorama view. You get a great view of the city, the Firth of Forth, the castle and Arthur's Seat. A lot of people go up to the castle but that's what you want to see.

Unless you're after something specific to your interests, just wander around and you can't go wrong. It's a great city for exploring and discovering new stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him

Edinburgh on 11:37 - Jun 16 with 5512 viewsblueislander

Just about my favourite UK city. Loads to do to suit all tastes. I wouldn't go with a pre-conceived plan. Just go wherever you fancy. Shouldn't be too busy, as it is not Festival time, and many of the students will have left. For really good eating go to Leith. May have to book a restaurant there though.
Edinburgh on 11:44 - Jun 16 with 5488 viewsjontysnut

Edinburgh on 10:59 - Jun 16 by surreyblue

Royal Mile is nice. If you are fish fans, then there is a Loch Fyne at the harbour which has some nice views. There are plenty of fun and interesting ghost tours on in the evenings as well

if the weather's nice take a boat trip under the bridges - groupon etc do offers

get a warm welcome in the Oxford Bar by asking if Rebus is in
Edinburgh on 11:48 - Jun 16 with 5467 viewsgmanrom

Musselburgh races has ladies day tomoz, it is a beautiful course and they put on music and all sorts highly recommended.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Edinburgh on 11:51 - Jun 16 with 5463 viewsGuthrum

Edinburgh on 10:59 - Jun 16 by surreyblue

There's probably a fair bit for Fish fans, too, being in the heart of Lothian.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Edinburgh on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 5459 viewshomer_123

Edinburgh on 11:34 - Jun 16 by Darth_Koont

Head up Calton Hill for the panorama view. You get a great view of the city, the Firth of Forth, the castle and Arthur's Seat. A lot of people go up to the castle but that's what you want to see.

Unless you're after something specific to your interests, just wander around and you can't go wrong. It's a great city for exploring and discovering new stuff.

euphemism alert!

Head up Calton Hill for the panorama view.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Edinburgh on 11:55 - Jun 16 with 5456 viewsgmanrom

Edinburgh on 11:48 - Jun 16 by gmanrom

Musselburgh races has ladies day tomoz, it is a beautiful course and they put on music and all sorts highly recommended.

Just checked and it is sold out as it is their big day of year but i am sure u could get 2 off a tout if it was something that would interest you. They have a after party after racing.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Edinburgh on 12:04 - Jun 16 with 5435 viewscodiblue

Edinburgh on 11:55 - Jun 16 by gmanrom

Just checked and it is sold out as it is their big day of year but i am sure u could get 2 off a tout if it was something that would interest you. They have a after party after racing.

If considering Loch Fyne etc then I'd suggest the Mussel Inn
Central
Not expensive
Been to Edinburgh twice on trips up to watch the Open Golf. Both times we ate in the Mussel Inn. And would again.
They do more than Mussels. But heavy fish emphasis!
Edinburgh on 12:12 - Jun 16 with 5422 viewsLord_Lucan

Head for the station and get the train to Glasgow

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Edinburgh on 12:15 - Jun 16 with 5418 viewsWaffer

The Witchery tour (top of Royal Mile) and a visit to the Gin Distillery are well worth it. Gin Distillery needs booking but is very entertaining.
Edinburgh on 00:13 - Jun 17 with 5333 viewsBlueinBrum

Cheers TWTD, had a few drinks at Grassmarket then found a good craft beer pub called Ushers up near the uni.

Had a superb meal at 'Field' (recommend to all) and then onto The Stand comedy club per Kiza's reccomendation. Superb evening in a beautiful city!

Thanks all
Edinburgh on 07:44 - Jun 17 with 5278 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Fantastic city

On the restaurant front, had an excellent Thai at Time 4 Thai last time I was there. Fairly central - just off George Street

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Edinburgh on 07:47 - Jun 17 with 5275 viewsm14_blue

If you like history then Mary King's Close is worth a visit.

A 17th century street that is preserved underground, beneath the royal mile.
Edinburgh on 08:13 - Jun 17 with 5255 viewsWestSussexBlue

Edinburgh on 07:47 - Jun 17 by m14_blue

If you like history then Mary King's Close is worth a visit.

A 17th century street that is preserved underground, beneath the royal mile.

Well worth a visit, Did this about 12 years ago and it's a very eerie and interesting place.
Edinburgh on 09:31 - Jun 17 with 5231 viewsMerthyrblue

Edinburgh on 11:44 - Jun 16 by jontysnut

if the weather's nice take a boat trip under the bridges - groupon etc do offers

get a warm welcome in the Oxford Bar by asking if Rebus is in

Oxford Bar still open eh? Didn't admit women in my day!

Nicky Tams anyone?
Edinburgh on 09:37 - Jun 17 with 5225 viewsm14_blue

Edinburgh on 12:12 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

Head for the station and get the train to Glasgow

Glasgow's a great city and a cracking lash but not a patch on Edinburgh for a weekend away with the mrs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024