Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The latest attempt to screw up football 17:21 - Jun 17 with 6508 viewsJ2BLUE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889

I admire te sentiment but hate the idea. If a player wastes time, book them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 6459 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I hate the idea of football becoming 60 minute matches

Awful idea

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:31 - Jun 17 with 6445 viewsRadlett_blue

There are actually many good ideas in there, as well as one or two bonkers ones. The endless time wasting (or "managing the game") frustrates the hell out of me & I suspect many others.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:34 - Jun 17 with 6432 viewsJ2BLUE

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:28 - Jun 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Awful idea

Good news Rommers, I have made £1.05 on the -1 market. I have now made a net profit of 5p during this game.

#godimgood

Truly impaired.

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:35 - Jun 17 with 6425 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:34 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

Good news Rommers, I have made £1.05 on the -1 market. I have now made a net profit of 5p during this game.

#godimgood

What game are you talking about?

Under 21s Euros?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:37 - Jun 17 with 6417 viewsJ2BLUE

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:35 - Jun 17 by The_Romford_Blue

What game are you talking about?

Under 21s Euros?

Russia/NZ

Truly impaired.

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:40 - Jun 17 with 6409 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:37 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

Russia/NZ

Didn't even know it was on

I see it's on ITV

I wouldn't have had a bet anyway on that

Your 5p profit is still profit

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:44 - Jun 17 with 6393 viewsJ2BLUE

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:40 - Jun 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Didn't even know it was on

I see it's on ITV

I wouldn't have had a bet anyway on that

Your 5p profit is still profit

You posted on my thread about it...

Truly impaired.

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:55 - Jun 17 with 6373 viewsEastTownBlue

Awful idea

When the ball is never in play for over 60 minutes it is something worth experimenting.
Login to get fewer ads

The latest attempt to screw up football on 18:08 - Jun 17 with 6345 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The latest attempt to screw up football on 17:44 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

You posted on my thread about it...

I was obviously away with the fairies at the time

The latest attempt to screw up football on 18:25 - Jun 17 with 6316 viewshoppy

Whilst I agree that it's a good idea, improving player behaviour, I don't understand why Norwich get singled out for deserving respect?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:06 - Jun 17 with 6242 viewsblueconscience

They just need to do something that'll make a player think twice about rolling around like they have been shot. That really bugs me, even when Ipswich players do it.

So either stop the clock when they are "Injured" or like one of the comments in that story says "Make them sit out for 5 minutes to recover from their "Injury".

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:29 - Jun 17 with 6194 viewsMedwayTractor

Having read quickly through the article, it seems that most of the ideas are similar to rugby union, especially those to do with all aspects of match time, how play is re-started, etc. Having watched a fair amount of RU, live but mostly live broadcasts, I have no problem with these ideas.

Not sure that I would ever agree with a penalty for the goalkeeper handling a back-pass or throw-in. That is just too harsh. In any event, what would happen if the goalkeeper does either of these outside the penalty area? He might be sent off for deliberate handball, but a penalty for an offence not committed in the area? No thanks.

How to deal with players misbehaving - play-acting, diving, feigning injury. Post match scrutiny and bans for the guilty. Managers losing players for a few matches would soon sort them out.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 6099 viewsDarth_Koont

I like the ideas there. Most are worth a try as football is ridiculously slow to make improvements. For instance, it's one of the few sports where defence is much, much easier than attack. And the best attack (unless you're Barcelona) is the counter attack.

I'd scrap the offside law completely as they did in field hockey.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 20:44]

Pronouns: He/Him

The latest attempt to screw up football on 22:18 - Jun 17 with 5991 viewsSuperTommySmith

If it stops time wasting I'm all for it
The latest attempt to screw up football on 22:26 - Jun 17 with 5973 viewsSwansea_Blue

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:29 - Jun 17 by MedwayTractor

Having read quickly through the article, it seems that most of the ideas are similar to rugby union, especially those to do with all aspects of match time, how play is re-started, etc. Having watched a fair amount of RU, live but mostly live broadcasts, I have no problem with these ideas.

Not sure that I would ever agree with a penalty for the goalkeeper handling a back-pass or throw-in. That is just too harsh. In any event, what would happen if the goalkeeper does either of these outside the penalty area? He might be sent off for deliberate handball, but a penalty for an offence not committed in the area? No thanks.

How to deal with players misbehaving - play-acting, diving, feigning injury. Post match scrutiny and bans for the guilty. Managers losing players for a few matches would soon sort them out.

A combination of video refs during the game and post-match reviews to catch the blatant cheats is the way forward. It's a surprise they haven't done it yet.

As for time wating, just don't stop play. It used to work fine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:38 - Jun 18 with 5786 viewsjpring89

I think that no rebounds from penalties is how it should always be. If you miss you miss no second chances.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:52 - Jun 18 with 5767 viewsblue_oyster

This is a bad idea, as it will slow down the game to tedious proportions.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:56 - Jun 18 with 5764 viewsbournemouthblue

Awful idea

Isn't the point that they won't be 60 mins?

Anytime it's a throw in, goal kick or a freekick the clock stops.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:58 - Jun 18 with 5754 viewsFreddies_Ears

Awful idea

It would screw Mourinho's timewasting, so I am for it.
The latest attempt to screw up football on 21:00 - Jun 18 with 5711 viewsScuzzer

Awful idea

Evans would love it. Pay the same amount for even less entertainment.

Established 1968

The latest attempt to screw up football on 00:12 - Jun 19 with 5639 viewshoppy

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:56 - Jun 18 by bournemouthblue

Does that also apply to the train times afterwards too?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The latest attempt to screw up football on 00:36 - Jun 19 with 5616 viewsCoastalblue

The latest attempt to screw up football on 19:56 - Jun 18 by bournemouthblue

I think I read on a discussion about this that the average time of play currently is 25 minutes a half, so in theory we should see more football. I actually quite like that idea providing it doesn't head down the route of stopping the clock all the time whilst people idle around doing not a lot.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024