Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? 15:57 - Jun 18 with 7725 viewsBackToRussia

Didn't stand up for long did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/18/cladding-on-grenfell-tower-banne

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

on 16:00 - Jun 18 with 6996 views_

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:09 - Jun 18 with 6981 viewsBackToRussia

on 16:00 - Jun 18 by _

I'm sure they will fudge the inquiry, you can already see it in how Hammond is dancing around the plain fact that they were banned, and they were used. There's no need for an inquiry to work that one out.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

on 16:15 - Jun 18 with 6946 views_

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:09 - Jun 18 by BackToRussia

I'm sure they will fudge the inquiry, you can already see it in how Hammond is dancing around the plain fact that they were banned, and they were used. There's no need for an inquiry to work that one out.

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:19 - Jun 18 with 6952 viewsWD19

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:09 - Jun 18 by BackToRussia

Who is 'they' and what is it you fear being 'fudged'?

If, as looks possible, regulations were ignored then that would be a criminal matter. Fudging that would take some doing.

The bit I am most uncomfortable about is the amount of this type of thing which seems to be based on 'recommendations' rather than regulations. Things need to be clear for all.
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:23 - Jun 18 with 6945 viewsMJallday

This being the case, either the architect or the fire safety officer who signed the building off is in the sh1t

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:42 - Jun 18 with 6897 viewsBluesquid

Gas pipes in the stairwell...

"At that point the resident's just went completely beserk, we've got to have our own independent auditor of the fire safety..."

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:42 - Jun 18 with 6894 viewsBackToRussia

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:19 - Jun 18 by WD19

Who is 'they' and what is it you fear being 'fudged'?

If, as looks possible, regulations were ignored then that would be a criminal matter. Fudging that would take some doing.

The bit I am most uncomfortable about is the amount of this type of thing which seems to be based on 'recommendations' rather than regulations. Things need to be clear for all.

Honestly I think you've got far too much faith in government inquiries.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:43 - Jun 18 with 6891 viewsBackToRussia

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:23 - Jun 18 by MJallday

This being the case, either the architect or the fire safety officer who signed the building off is in the sh1t

Good. Hopefully many more people too, I'm sure it's not a limited guilt.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 17:17 - Jun 18 with 6839 viewsMJallday

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:43 - Jun 18 by BackToRussia

Good. Hopefully many more people too, I'm sure it's not a limited guilt.

agreed. this has been my argument all along

the true fault lays with the people who allowed the occupancy of a building which was, to all intents and purposes, unsafe - or should have been updated/condemned when regs were updated.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 18:24 - Jun 18 with 6747 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:23 - Jun 18 by MJallday

As the regulations were not modified all the 'inspectors' can do i to inspect what is laid down in the regulations.

It has become very clear the three people (Barwell, Lewis & Pickles) who's job it was to implement changes to meet the Coroners recommendations, after the 2013 inquest did nothing.

There is plenty of stuff in the news today where the fire chiefs could get nothing from government - plenty to digest
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 18:35 - Jun 18 with 6716 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 16:42 - Jun 18 by Bluesquid

Gas pipes in the stairwell...

"At that point the resident's just went completely beserk, we've got to have our own independent auditor of the fire safety..."

Gas pipes in the stairwell is ciminally insane.
Gas should never be allowed in high rise buildings
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 18:58 - Jun 18 with 6682 viewsNo9

Allegedly the insulation material was made in Ipswich by Celotex - according to local news
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 21:10 - Jun 18 with 6565 viewsBluesquid

"Kensington and Chelsea Council threatened a resident of Grenfell Tower with legal action after he blogged about his concerns over fire safety."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-fire-blogger-threa
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 21:38 - Jun 18 with 6515 viewsSonOfSpock

Not sure why the chancellor is being made to comment on building regs. Aren't local councils responsible for signing off fire certs?
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 07:17 - Jun 19 with 6383 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 21:38 - Jun 18 by SonOfSpock

Not sure why the chancellor is being made to comment on building regs. Aren't local councils responsible for signing off fire certs?

Building reg's now come from the government

All any council does is to sign of on whether what is in the reg's has been complied with or not.

The facts as are being revealed show this is a Ministerial issue although it may come into question whether or not the contractors who carried out the work complied with the reg's - poor as thay may be

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/grenfell-tower-fire-latest-chief-fire-offic
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:15 - Jun 19 with 6310 viewssparks

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 07:17 - Jun 19 by No9

Building reg's now come from the government

All any council does is to sign of on whether what is in the reg's has been complied with or not.

The facts as are being revealed show this is a Ministerial issue although it may come into question whether or not the contractors who carried out the work complied with the reg's - poor as thay may be

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/grenfell-tower-fire-latest-chief-fire-offic

Which fact (s) demonstrate this to be a ministerial issue? The article suggests a breach of building regs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:19 - Jun 19 with 6288 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:15 - Jun 19 by sparks

Which fact (s) demonstrate this to be a ministerial issue? The article suggests a breach of building regs.

Maybe, in your inimitable manner you didn't read the article or you read it selectively?
The headline is the clue.
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:20 - Jun 19 with 6281 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey. Just when you thought these residents couldn't have been treated with more disdain.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:21 - Jun 19 with 6267 viewssparks

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:19 - Jun 19 by No9

Maybe, in your inimitable manner you didn't read the article or you read it selectively?
The headline is the clue.

Which facts demonstrate this is a ministerial issue?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:26 - Jun 19 with 6243 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:21 - Jun 19 by sparks

Which facts demonstrate this is a ministerial issue?

OK, I understand you are not interested in facts, life or anything other than picking an argument.

If you can't be bothered to look up what is available and attributed to Messrs Pickles, Lewis & Barwell. I really don't have the inclination to spoon feed you.

It was dealt with yesterday on broadcast media & is in most of the written media.
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:36 - Jun 19 with 6219 viewssparks

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:26 - Jun 19 by No9

OK, I understand you are not interested in facts, life or anything other than picking an argument.

If you can't be bothered to look up what is available and attributed to Messrs Pickles, Lewis & Barwell. I really don't have the inclination to spoon feed you.

It was dealt with yesterday on broadcast media & is in most of the written media.

Once again you cannot even explain what you rely on for a sweeping dogmatic claim.

Does it not bother you that you are repeatedly caught making these statements with no basis at all?

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 6190 viewsLord_Lucan

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 21:38 - Jun 18 by SonOfSpock

If the cladding was illegal to be used in buildings of this type then surely the government have nothing to answer to. The building regs department at the local council should be responsible surely?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 14:28 - Jun 19 with 6088 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 12:03 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

If the cladding was illegal to be used in buildings of this type then surely the government have nothing to answer to. The building regs department at the local council should be responsible surely?

Maybe Kensington sub contracted it out, they do here it is a mess

A lot of things changed when Hesletine changed the the plannign process

Contractors now do 'on site' deals

In this instance the media says the original tender was rejected in favour of a cheaper proposal
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 14:43 - Jun 19 with 6072 viewsNo9

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 11:36 - Jun 19 by sparks

Once again you cannot even explain what you rely on for a sweeping dogmatic claim.

Does it not bother you that you are repeatedly caught making these statements with no basis at all?

https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/elections-and-council/lakanal-house-coroner-inquest

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/grenfell-tower-fire-safety-rules-s

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/16/government-ministers-congratulated-themselves-for-

Tory Minsters have form on this sort of thing - you remember the Zeebrugge ferry disaster?

& the accindetns on the rail caused by a company a tory minister was a director of?

You are not a nice person are you, dishonest and narow minded= people like you create these problems, don't you? Are you by any chance one of these lame duck minsters?
So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 14:56 - Jun 19 with 6060 viewssparks

So that line about Grenfell meeting fire regulations? on 14:43 - Jun 19 by No9

https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/elections-and-council/lakanal-house-coroner-inquest

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/grenfell-tower-fire-safety-rules-s

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/16/government-ministers-congratulated-themselves-for-

Tory Minsters have form on this sort of thing - you remember the Zeebrugge ferry disaster?

& the accindetns on the rail caused by a company a tory minister was a director of?

You are not a nice person are you, dishonest and narow minded= people like you create these problems, don't you? Are you by any chance one of these lame duck minsters?

What fact do you rely on to conclude this is a ministerial issue? It's all I have asked. I've expressed no opinions on it. Isn't it quicker to just say than to keep tap dancing. A single sentence ought to suffice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024