Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This can't be a 'revenge attack' 08:44 - Jun 19 with 2627 viewsunbelievablue

Given that would imply ordinary, peaceful British Muslims have been attacking and killing people.

Tragic, disturbing, and undoubtedly terrorism.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 08:54 - Jun 19 with 2557 viewsGlasgowBlue

You are 100% correct. Just as recent attacks are not revenge attacks for British foreign policy as that would imply teenage girls are responsible for the invasion of Iraq.

Terror is terror. Completely inexcusable

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:00 - Jun 19 with 2512 viewsvapour_trail

Depends on whose perspective you're coming from.

In each case, the attackers have displayed a sense of injustice. That suggests revenge to be a motive, no matter how misplaced.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:01 - Jun 19 with 2508 viewsunbelievablue

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 08:54 - Jun 19 by GlasgowBlue

You are 100% correct. Just as recent attacks are not revenge attacks for British foreign policy as that would imply teenage girls are responsible for the invasion of Iraq.

Terror is terror. Completely inexcusable

Yep.

Correct use of 'revenge attack' is relatively rare, usually limited to Israel type conflicts where opposing groups go tit-for-tat.

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:02 - Jun 19 with 2495 viewsunbelievablue

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:00 - Jun 19 by vapour_trail

Depends on whose perspective you're coming from.

In each case, the attackers have displayed a sense of injustice. That suggests revenge to be a motive, no matter how misplaced.

I get your point. The perpetrator's perspective, however warped, could include revenge as a motive, but the media should not label the attack as such.

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 2388 viewsblue_oyster

Can you please confirm if this post is sarcastic or not?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:36 - Jun 19 with 2382 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well said.

I agree entirely

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:39 - Jun 19 with 2371 viewsSwansea_Blue

Will he get done for terror, murder or racial hate crime? Serious question as the boundaries seem blurred to me. Is a lone ranger (if that's what he is) fuelled by hatred really a terrorist or just a killer?

And why can't revenge be a part of it? Granted this guy probably isn't bright enough to know the difference between radicalised cells and your average run of the mill muslim, so it's targeted at the wrong people, but it sounds like a response to Islamic fundamentalism to me.

Is there really a political motive/cause behind this or just an angry feckwit who's probably a 'wrong un' already (as per other thread speculating on his background)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:44 - Jun 19 with 2341 viewsunbelievablue

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 09:39 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

Will he get done for terror, murder or racial hate crime? Serious question as the boundaries seem blurred to me. Is a lone ranger (if that's what he is) fuelled by hatred really a terrorist or just a killer?

And why can't revenge be a part of it? Granted this guy probably isn't bright enough to know the difference between radicalised cells and your average run of the mill muslim, so it's targeted at the wrong people, but it sounds like a response to Islamic fundamentalism to me.

Is there really a political motive/cause behind this or just an angry feckwit who's probably a 'wrong un' already (as per other thread speculating on his background)?

Revenge can be a misguided, warped motive on behalf of the individual but as I previously stated it would be wrong to label the attack a 'revenge attack'. Had he travelled to Raqqa and attacked the so called Caliphate, you could argue differently.

Login to get fewer ads

This can't be a 'revenge attack' on 12:04 - Jun 19 with 2175 viewsGuthrum

It can be a misguided revenge attack (as most of such things are). Altho I would not want to glorify it with such a title. Murder is murder.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024