Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking a little break from the forum 09:50 - Jun 19 with 6924 viewsunbelievablue

The trolling and politicking in response to tragic events is getting me rather down.

Only bothering to post this as some people have sent me PMs in the past enquiring about my well-being given my history of depression. Apologies otherwise for the 'look at me' nature of it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:51 - Jun 19 with 6014 viewsSwailsey

Stay in touch. Try not to let people get you down. It's hard I know. Stay safe.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:52 - Jun 19 with 6013 viewsitfcjoe

Feels like the country is so divided at the moment - it's been coming a few years where the rise of Social media etc and everything being so instant means there is no room for nuance or shades of gray.

If you aren't for something, then you are against it - no balance at all is allowed and people becoming painted in positions that don't reflect them as everything is so polarised

Anyway, I'm waffling so I'll stop

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:53 - Jun 19 with 5985 viewsWD19

Huge empathy. Enjoy the sunshine and just remember that at the end of the day we are all just d1ckheads choosing to argue on the internet rather than spend time with our loved ones.
Taking a little break from the forum on 09:55 - Jun 19 with 5959 viewsNewcyBlue

Keep us updated with your marathon stuff mate.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:57 - Jun 19 with 5940 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sorry to hear that. The place is a worse without you.
I
If you are feeling down do you have people you can talk to?

Keep in touch.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 9:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Taking a little break from the forum on 10:00 - Jun 19 with 5905 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don't blame you. Forum has been fairly unreadable for a while, albeit previously it was the Mikc ranters from both sides rather than stuff that actually matters

Best of luck

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Taking a little break from the forum on 10:01 - Jun 19 with 5885 viewshoppy

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:55 - Jun 19 by NewcyBlue

Keep us updated with your marathon stuff mate.

Yes. Please do this, as presumably if you do any further update blogs they would come through from Just Giving... so we can update on here, but would be good to hear how you're doing on it anyway, unbelievablue.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:15 - Jun 19 with 5737 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That's a shame. You're one of the good ones.

As I said last week, I will be doing my 5 Ascot previews and then Saturday is my last day on here for a while too.

Sadly, certain 'characters' and the same negative stuff happening has made this far less enjoyable than when I first joined.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:24 - Jun 19 with 5692 viewsBluebell

I must admit I don't blame you. I often don't bother to log on and just read a few posts and decide I don't really want to post.

I know it is possible to just go for the football posts in the settings but I enjoy a lot of the other posts and it is just the politics and, as you say, the bickering on the 'tragic events' posts makes me want to stay away.

I know that if we all thought the same way Phil and Gav would be out of a job so I always come on and click a few adverts while here.

It is about 47 days till the football kicks off again and hopefully we can start talking positively about Ipswich Town!
Taking a little break from the forum on 11:33 - Jun 19 with 5656 viewsMJallday

Taking a little break from the forum on 09:53 - Jun 19 by WD19

Huge empathy. Enjoy the sunshine and just remember that at the end of the day we are all just d1ckheads choosing to argue on the internet rather than spend time with our loved ones.

or in some case, work

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:33 - Jun 19 with 5653 viewsJ2BLUE

There's very few willing to be in the middle, consider all sides and come to logical conclusions based on evidence. If you and Rommers go it will be two less. I hope you both reconsider.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 5634 viewsGuthrum

Understandable. After a grim season, the election and recent events, this place does get a little fractious at times.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:46 - Jun 19 with 5587 viewsDarth_Koont

Sorry to hear that. You're one of the good guys so hope you're back soon.

Pronouns: He/Him

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:55 - Jun 19 with 5546 viewsKitman

...often wonder if its a politics debating site and ITFC is an afterthought... Can't help but agree.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Taking a little break from the forum on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 5493 viewshomer_123

:)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Taking a little break from the forum on 12:13 - Jun 19 with 5459 viewsRyorry

Feel similarly (luckily, without the depression).

All best to you.

Am often up in middle of the night if you feel like a PM chat rather than the forum.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Taking a little break from the forum on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 5420 viewsTLA

You'll be a big miss mate.

You're doing your bit to put some positivity back into the world though, as so many people are. A few drops of negativity seems to taint an ocean of positivity.

I'm always at the end of a PM if you ever want a chat.

Keep on running...
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 13:38]
on 12:49 - Jun 19 with 5353 views_

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:16 - Jun 19 with 5297 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Taking a little break from the forum on 11:33 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

There's very few willing to be in the middle, consider all sides and come to logical conclusions based on evidence. If you and Rommers go it will be two less. I hope you both reconsider.

Nice of you to say but I've made up my mind this time and I plan on sticking to it until at least the season gets underway.

My mates are back from uni so we are doing something for my birthday the other day on Friday during the day, then Romford dogs, then out clubbing somewhere. Meaning I shall include Saturdays racing preview in fridays one.

So In fact I shall be gone from here Friday rather than Saturday.

Keep the CRS in shape for me. You can be the new leader in my absence ;)

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:17 - Jun 19 with 5292 viewsSuperfrans

I agree. I've tried to avoid this place over the past few days for the same reason. It can be a real downer and is just not worth the hassle.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:21 - Jun 19 with 5274 viewsMJallday

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:16 - Jun 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Nice of you to say but I've made up my mind this time and I plan on sticking to it until at least the season gets underway.

My mates are back from uni so we are doing something for my birthday the other day on Friday during the day, then Romford dogs, then out clubbing somewhere. Meaning I shall include Saturdays racing preview in fridays one.

you were never the leader x

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:31 - Jun 19 with 5224 viewsPJH

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:21 - Jun 19 by MJallday

you were never the leader x

What is the CRS of which Rommy was never the leader please?

I have seen it mentioned a few times but have no idea what it is.

Is it something worth being a member of and if so, where do you get an application form?
Taking a little break from the forum on 13:32 - Jun 19 with 5208 viewsPJH

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:16 - Jun 19 by The_Romford_Blue

What time on Sunday will you be back on here?
Taking a little break from the forum on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 5178 viewsLord_Lucan

Look after yourself J. Sling me a text if you need to for any reason.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 5179 viewsNewcyBlue

Taking a little break from the forum on 13:31 - Jun 19 by PJH

What is the CRS of which Rommy was never the leader please?

I have seen it mentioned a few times but have no idea what it is.

Is it something worth being a member of and if so, where do you get an application form?

It is a support group for the virgins on here

Can't Receive Sex

J2's frying pan is the closest he has gotten to any form of eggs....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024