Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some photos from Sydney zoo 14:50 - Jun 19 with 2584 viewsSteve_M

In an effort to lighten the mood a bit a change of subject that is worth a look.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/19/behind-the-scenes-at-taronga-zoo-a

*Waits for 15 page thread arguing whether zoos are cruel to animals*

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 14:52 - Jun 19 with 2558 viewstextbackup

Didn't go to this zoo when I was over there, did the Steve Irwin zoo, now as amazing as it was I'd still put Colchester zoo above it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 14:56 - Jun 19 with 2516 viewsgiant_stow

I saw some people get married there - great night - water taxies across the harbour to the clubby after-party. Happy days.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 15:00 - Jun 19 with 2506 viewshomer_123

One thing you can say is that the people are passionate beyond belief in what they do....it's a vocation for these guys and they really feel that they make a positive difference.

Great pics, cheers Steve.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:04 - Jun 19 with 2450 viewsGogs

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 14:52 - Jun 19 by textbackup

Didn't go to this zoo when I was over there, did the Steve Irwin zoo, now as amazing as it was I'd still put Colchester zoo above it

There are a few less 6m long crocs in Colchester Zoo if I recall correctly though. My main memory of 'Straya Zoo (apart from the crocs) was just how bad the kangaroos stank.

Taronga Zoo was pretty good too, although a lot of it was due to the setting, what with Sydney Harbour in the background
Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:21 - Jun 19 with 2424 viewsLord_Lucan

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 14:56 - Jun 19 by giant_stow

I saw some people get married there - great night - water taxies across the harbour to the clubby after-party. Happy days.

They have parties of all sorts at London Zoo. It is just a money making exercise and causes the animals to suffer because of the noise.

I am pretty anti zoo although I can appreciate they can have their purposes. I noticed one of the pics with a sign saying Australia's most endangered Frog, such cases are what zoos should be for, not taking the family to see a caged lion.

Great pics though by the way.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:27 - Jun 19 with 2405 viewsColchesterBlue1985

After being married to a zoo keeper i can assure you my experience of anyone working in a zoo or suchlike care deeply about animals and work their hardest to give the animals the best possible life that they can. She also got to bring some pretty cool animals home from time to time to look after etc.
Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:29 - Jun 19 with 2389 viewshomer_123

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:27 - Jun 19 by ColchesterBlue1985

After being married to a zoo keeper i can assure you my experience of anyone working in a zoo or suchlike care deeply about animals and work their hardest to give the animals the best possible life that they can. She also got to bring some pretty cool animals home from time to time to look after etc.

Getting the elephant home was a bit tricky....

*** waits for hoppy.... ***

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:31 - Jun 19 with 2380 viewshomer_123

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 16:21 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

They have parties of all sorts at London Zoo. It is just a money making exercise and causes the animals to suffer because of the noise.

I am pretty anti zoo although I can appreciate they can have their purposes. I noticed one of the pics with a sign saying Australia's most endangered Frog, such cases are what zoos should be for, not taking the family to see a caged lion.

Great pics though by the way.

Watching the owl get eaten by the lion at Colchester Zoo was most enlightening and, perversely, likely more beneficial in ensuring that people understand that these are animals and what nature is really all about.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 16:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 18:35 - Jun 19 with 2266 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Some photos from Sydney zoo on 14:52 - Jun 19 by textbackup

Done Taronga and Australia Zoo, preferred Taronga to Australia Zoo, AZ felt more like a museum/reptile house rather than a zoo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024