Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read 14:11 - Jun 20 with 2459 viewsSteve_M

Much like the man himself was by most accounts.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/20/brian-cant-obituary?CMP=twt

I do particularly like the paragraph describing his appearances in Doctor Who:

[The character was killed by] “a little polystyrene box-shaped creature that contained a schoolboy. I was from a pacifist planet and I had to wear a long skirt with a long pipe stuck up it which came to just below the neckline. When I was killed off, smoke belched out of this pipe for some reason. It was rather odd.”

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:03 - Jun 20 with 2355 viewsIllinoisblue

did you see the bit in the comments about there only being 10 episodes of Trumpton ever made? I find that incredible.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:08 - Jun 20 with 2343 viewsSwansea_Blue

I had no idea he was an Ipswich fella and had trained with the Towen youth team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:15 - Jun 20 with 2340 viewsSteve_M

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:03 - Jun 20 by Illinoisblue

did you see the bit in the comments about there only being 10 episodes of Trumpton ever made? I find that incredible.

I hadn't read the comments, I do hope this one is true:

"In my early twenties, as a holiday job, I worked as an assistant steward on a cross channel ferry, doing the Dover to Calais run. One day, another steward beckoned me over to say Brian was onboard. He was sitting on deck on his own. Unable to resist the temptation, I tapped on the window next to his deck chair. When he turned round, I mouthed 'I can see you through the square window' and made the shape with my hands. He looked at me for a moment and mouthed back 'Fuk. Off'. Legend."

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:40 - Jun 20 with 2305 viewsFtnfwest

The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:03 - Jun 20 by Illinoisblue

13 apparently but also 13 each of camberwick green and chigley
The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 17:49 - Jun 20 with 2289 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The calendar in the first pic brings back memories TWTD.

RIP Brian
The Guardian obituary of Brian Cant is a rather lovely read on 21:00 - Jun 20 with 2219 viewsMelford

I was just too young for his Playschool stint but I used to love Bric-A-Brac.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024