Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tube map geekery 15:44 - Jun 20 with 2564 viewschevblue

It's a few years old now but a but of fun to while away the afternoon ...

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/FA_150_Anniversary_m

Quite a few former Town players and managers are featured, e.g. Paul Cooper can be found on the Northern Line, Roy Keane is a few stops short of Heathrow and Jackie Milburn is at the eastern end of the Central Line. How many can you find?

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Tube map geekery on 15:47 - Jun 20 with 2520 viewsLord_Lucan

My old station is Glen Hoddle!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tube map geekery on 15:49 - Jun 20 with 2498 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tube map geekery on 15:47 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

My old station is Glen Hoddle!

You could say it's been born again

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tube map geekery on 15:58 - Jun 20 with 2477 viewsgiant_stow

You want tube map geekery? Where's the new crossrail line shown coming in a new bit of liverpool street hey? And what about the 'new' overground line up to Chingford? hey? Or the new little joiny junction thing between walthamstow central and walthanstow queens road? outraged.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tube map geekery on 16:33 - Jun 20 with 2393 viewsGeoffSentence

Tube map geekery on 15:58 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

You want tube map geekery? Where's the new crossrail line shown coming in a new bit of liverpool street hey? And what about the 'new' overground line up to Chingford? hey? Or the new little joiny junction thing between walthamstow central and walthanstow queens road? outraged.

Also, where are all the Norwich legends on that map?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tube map geekery on 18:43 - Jun 20 with 2269 viewsITFC_Forever

I personally thought Roy Keane was a few stops short of Barking.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tube map geekery on 18:54 - Jun 20 with 2247 viewspimballwizard

MORNINGTON CRESCENT...
oh no sorry I haven't got a clue
Tube map geekery on 18:55 - Jun 20 with 2240 viewsconnorscontract

Ok, here's the real tube map geekery: it's not right and he doesn't understand how the tube map works. If a player is named as a major station with two or more lines, all of them should apply to him.

Gareth Bale is kind of a midfielder, although that is debatable, but he definitely isn't a Central Defender (and nor were Fabrizio Ravanelli, Gianfranco Zola or Gianluca Vialli, for that matter) and has yet to begin his career as either a Referee or Administrator.

This Comedy Tube Map (done years ago) was painstakingly accurate:

The TWTD board has helpfully rendered it, but too small to read and unclickable. If you're interested, Right Click on it and "Open in New Tab" or "View Image" or similar, depending on your browser.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 18:57]
Tube map geekery on 18:58 - Jun 20 with 2226 viewspimballwizard

Tube map geekery on 16:33 - Jun 20 by GeoffSentence

Also, where are all the Norwich legends on that map?

Seven fingered Sisters Station.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024