Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£350m a week for the NHS 17:21 - Jun 20 with 9528 viewsBlueinBrum

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jun/20/leak-shows-devastating-impact-of

And on the day after Brexit negotiations begin. Davis, Gove, Johnson et al - You utterly repulsive lying b*stards.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 17:23]
£350m a week for the NHS on 17:30 - Jun 20 with 8260 viewsDesmond

We haven't left yet brother.
£350m a week for the NHS on 17:38 - Jun 20 with 8210 viewsmonytowbray

I enjoy the "Who cares, everyone knew it was a lie anyway" logic when Brexiters are presented this question.

If you want to play with snakes, don't complain when you get bitten, etc.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

£350m a week for the NHS on 17:49 - Jun 20 with 8172 viewsBlueinBrum

£350m a week for the NHS on 17:30 - Jun 20 by Desmond

We haven't left yet brother.

Doesn't sound much like they're planning for a huge investment in 21 months' time to me.
£350m a week for the NHS on 18:02 - Jun 20 with 8130 viewsVic

I don't actually think there will be £350m for the NHS - but what has this article got to do with those claims?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

£350m a week for the NHS on 18:09 - Jun 20 with 8101 viewseireblue

£350m a week for the NHS on 18:02 - Jun 20 by Vic

I don't actually think there will be £350m for the NHS - but what has this article got to do with those claims?

That would seem obvious.

The government want to provide poorer care for the sake of half a weeks Brexit money.
£350m a week for the NHS on 18:19 - Jun 20 with 8062 viewsNewcyBlue

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:35 - Jun 20 with 8001 viewsBlueinBrum

£350m a week for the NHS on 18:02 - Jun 20 by Vic

Really?
Referendum is won by leave with greater funding for the NHS as a front and centre argument and supposed benefit of leaving.
One year on, the conservative government (which includes many high profile leavers) plans to cut NHS services even more drastically than they already have.
You could call it irony, or you could call it lying.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 18:37]
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:41 - Jun 20 with 7975 viewseireblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:35 - Jun 20 by BlueinBrum

Really?
Referendum is won by leave with greater funding for the NHS as a front and centre argument and supposed benefit of leaving.
One year on, the conservative government (which includes many high profile leavers) plans to cut NHS services even more drastically than they already have.

It is called "Clever Campaigning".
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 18:44]
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 20 with 7933 viewsVic

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:35 - Jun 20 by BlueinBrum

Really?

Or neither given that we haven't yet let and so don't save any of the money. Think this is an arguement that needs to be had after we've actually left.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:08 - Jun 20 with 7904 viewseireblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 20 by Vic

Or neither given that we haven't yet let and so don't save any of the money. Think this is an arguement that needs to be had after we've actually left.

Short term thinking, why cut services and provide poorer health care, for about half a Brexit week.

If the £185 million short fall is based an a years expenditure, then when a Brexit happens, give it a couple of weeks, and it will all be paid back.
£350m a week for the NHS on 19:09 - Jun 20 with 7895 viewsmutters

To be honest if anybody actually believed this figure then they are fools themselves

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, it was clearly bollox at the time and said by people who had no power at the time to implement it as non of them was actually PM
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 19:11]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:46 - Jun 20 with 7742 viewsGlasgowBlue

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:09 - Jun 20 by mutters

To be honest if anybody actually believed this figure then they are fools themselves

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, it was clearly bollox at the time and said by people who had no power at the time to implement it as non of them was actually PM
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 19:11]

Correct. It wasn't a promise or a commitment. It was a suggestion or aspiration. It didn't say "we will spend the money on the NHS".

Clever campaigning, as our friend eireblue said.

In fact Mr Corbyn recently said that any savings made from our EU contributions should be spent on public services.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:53 - Jun 20 with 7706 viewsTendring_Blue

£350m a week for the NHS on 18:19 - Jun 20 by NewcyBlue

Now that doesn't actually say £350m for the NHS.

Hadn't realised that. People need to move on and get over it to be honest.
£350m a week for the NHS on 19:57 - Jun 20 with 7680 viewsDolly2.0

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:46 - Jun 20 by GlasgowBlue

Correct. It wasn't a promise or a commitment. It was a suggestion or aspiration. It didn't say "we will spend the money on the NHS".

In fact Mr Corbyn recently said that any savings made from our EU contributions should be spent on public services.

Fraudulent campaigning or dishonest campaigning sound more like it to me.

I'm confused by your last sentence. Isn't the NHS a public service?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 7667 viewsGlasgowBlue

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:57 - Jun 20 by Dolly2.0

Fraudulent campaigning or dishonest campaigning sound more like it to me.

I'm confused by your last sentence. Isn't the NHS a public service?

Yes. Mr Corbyn is also making the same point. That when we leave we may be able to fund public services with any savings made from our contributions.

You and I engaged in a ten pager about six months ago on this subject. Refer to that rather than asking me to repeat myself.

I'll link it when I get home if that helps.

Iron Lion Zion

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:02 - Jun 20 with 7658 viewsSomethingBlue

But many, many people won't have read it like that - and therefore they were sold a pup. And now we all suffer.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:06 - Jun 20 with 7625 viewsGlasgowBlue

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:02 - Jun 20 by SomethingBlue

But many, many people won't have read it like that - and therefore they were sold a pup. And now we all suffer.

Somebody yesterday, I forget who, made a point that I had spent ten hours on here last week saying the same thing. I had to point out that I receive quite a few replies to my posts and I have the common courtesy of answer each poster.

For fear of being accused of the same thing again I refer you to the answer I gave Dolly.

Iron Lion Zion

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:11 - Jun 20 with 7607 viewsNewcyBlue

Do you not think that there was an implied suggestion that £350m would be put towards the NHS?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 7567 viewsm14_blue

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:11 - Jun 20 by NewcyBlue

Do you not think that there was an implied suggestion that £350m would be put towards the NHS?

Of course there was, it was dishonest and those behind it should be embarrassed and ashamed.

It's done though, we need to stop dividing ourselves into remainers and leavers, we're going and need to make the best of it.

Besides, there'll be plenty of time for 'I told you so' when we're all queuing at the job centre this time next year....
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 7539 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:41 - Jun 20 by eireblue

It is called "Clever Campaigning".
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 18:44]

It's deception, pure and simple. Yes most of us on here knew it was was based on a lie and wouldn't happen, but people did believe it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:30 - Jun 20 with 7508 viewsSwansea_Blue

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:20 - Jun 20 by m14_blue

Of course there was, it was dishonest and those behind it should be embarrassed and ashamed.

It's done though, we need to stop dividing ourselves into remainers and leavers, we're going and need to make the best of it.

Besides, there'll be plenty of time for 'I told you so' when we're all queuing at the job centre this time next year....

We've liked our football analogies lately on here, so here goes another one. This was the political equivalent of diving to con the ref into giving a penalty. The blame lies with the cheating diver.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:35 - Jun 20 with 7479 viewsDolly2.0

£350m a week for the NHS on 20:00 - Jun 20 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. Mr Corbyn is also making the same point. That when we leave we may be able to fund public services with any savings made from our contributions.

You and I engaged in a ten pager about six months ago on this subject. Refer to that rather than asking me to repeat myself.

I'll link it when I get home if that helps.

In the space of one post you've moved the goalposts. "Mr Corbyn recently said that any savings made from our EU contributions should be spent on public services"

Absolutely, if there are any then yes, I agree with that.

In your next post you're saying "when we leave we may be able to fund public services with any savings made from our contributions". That's two VERY different sentences. The first says if there are any - the second implies there actually are.

And neither of them state a figure of £350 million. That bus ad quite clearly implied that we'd have £350m spare that could be spent on the NHS - which wasn't the case.

I'm amazed you're still defending it after it's been ridiculed by pretty much everyone else.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:30 - Jun 20 with 7278 viewseireblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:26 - Jun 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's deception, pure and simple. Yes most of us on here knew it was was based on a lie and wouldn't happen, but people did believe it.

Of course "Clever Campaigning" isn't my line.

But since it is deemed acceptable, then I think it perfectly acceptable to measure hospital cuts in quantities of Brexit Weeks.

Shameful that thousands of tax payers will be getting less from their NHS, if only for the amount of money we will get back in 3.5 days of leaving the EU.

Surely with the UK economy growing as expected with all these free trade deals and all this extra money coming soon from the Tough Negotiations, Tory cuts are a nonsense and completely unnecessary, give we are less than two years from Brexit.
£350m a week for the NHS on 21:35 - Jun 20 with 7246 viewsvapour_trail

£350m a week for the NHS on 19:53 - Jun 20 by Tendring_Blue

Now that doesn't actually say £350m for the NHS.

Hadn't realised that. People need to move on and get over it to be honest.

I tend to agree actually.

Most people knew it didn't mean what it said. The people who believed it and voted as a direct result, are, let's face it, stupid.

We let stupid people vote and it's a problem. We should have an intelligence threshold, quite a high one at that. In fact I'd just let Stephen Hawkins have all the votes and appoint the government.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

£350m a week for the NHS on 00:11 - Jun 21 with 7071 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

£350m a week for the NHS on 21:35 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

I tend to agree actually.

Most people knew it didn't mean what it said. The people who believed it and voted as a direct result, are, let's face it, stupid.

We let stupid people vote and it's a problem. We should have an intelligence threshold, quite a high one at that. In fact I'd just let Stephen Hawkins have all the votes and appoint the government.

The tories are trying to stop the NHS and get us all onto private healthcare.
The MPs have got there share in them and nuclear power-
It's just a pity corbyn didn't have longer too spin the election right round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024