Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? 10:05 - Jun 21 with 1954 viewsdirtyboy

Want to take 'er indoors for a meal next Friday (rare free evening)

I'm in Lowestoft, but could go as far as Ipswich if nice enough...nice setting, bit romantic perhaps....

Any ideas please?

Cheers x
Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 10:24 - Jun 21 with 1929 viewsSwansea_Blue

This sounds delightful. But take a bucket.

Great night out recommendation. by Lord_Lucan 21 Jun 2017 7:34
My lovely daughter took me out to The Salthouse last night for their Iberian food and wine tasting evening. It consisted of a four course Iberian style meal with accompanying wines. I have to admit I was a little nervous as there were only 6 wines to taste with the meal and I envisisaged a rather dry evening as 6 glasses is not a great deal in the scheme of things. No need to worry, each tipple was generously topped up with great gusto so the vino was flowing throughout. Only problem was that there was an abundance of white wine and the menu had lamb for main and cheese for the final course. Daughter eats and drinks anything except white wine, lamb and cheese. Poor old baby gave it a good go but completely through up all over herself at the end. Complete carnage! At £55 a head though I have to say it was an absolutely fantastic evening and amazing value for money. Check it out folks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 10:29 - Jun 21 with 1912 viewsmeekreech

Salthouse harbour hotel in ipswich

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 10:56 - Jun 21 with 1865 viewsitfcjoe

I'm away near Beccles on holiday next week (Exciting stuff...) and have been recommended this place which is up that way

http://www.theblackrockgrill.com/

2 people have told me it's really good, can't comment personally though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 1846 viewsNo9

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 10:56 - Jun 21 by itfcjoe

I'm away near Beccles on holiday next week (Exciting stuff...) and have been recommended this place which is up that way

http://www.theblackrockgrill.com/

2 people have told me it's really good, can't comment personally though

Never heard of it Joe
Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 11:09 - Jun 21 with 1834 viewsfooters

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 11:05 - Jun 21 by No9

Never heard of it Joe

My mum's been before and reckoned it wasn't up to much. "Why pay good money to cook your own food?" Good point.

Dirtyboy- isn't Sgt Peppers still about?! Roight clarsy it ain't, but one of those BBQ sauce burgers with a mountain of chips would satisfy anyone!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 11:26 - Jun 21 with 1793 viewsLord_Lucan

How about Satis House?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 12:19 - Jun 21 with 1742 viewsmutters

Whats your budget?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Take the missus for a meal - restaurant recommendations? on 12:23 - Jun 21 with 1729 viewsTVRBlue

Ristorante Piatto in Beccles. 2 to 3 minute walk from Wetherspoons in the centre of town.

Superb little authentic Italian restaurant.

Ate there two weeks ago (a party of 8 of us) and had a lovely evening with very good food.

Whatever you choose hope you and "er indoors" have a nice evening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024