Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation season... 11:12 - Jun 21 with 14976 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is it just me that's feeling this looking at the fixtures?

Just look at the players even Brum are bringing in, who finished as badly as we did, compared to the players we are bringing in and looking at. We're oceans apart in terms of ambitious signings. We mock Harry but he does bring the names in, Stockdale for example is one hell of a signing to start with.

I very much hope I am wrong but I have that sinking feeling, and we managed to scrape it by just 4 points last season.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 14:02 - Jun 21 with 2567 viewsitfcjoe

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:40 - Jun 21 by taximan

i hope you are right joe

as things stand the squad looks poor in terms of both quality and numbers

It certainly needs a freshen up, but with how little we spend it won't happen overnight sadly. But Mick will be working his nuts off to get the right players in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Relegation season... on 15:14 - Jun 21 with 2500 viewsBenters

Relegation season... on 13:36 - Jun 21 by itfcjoe

I think there are 2 reasons for this

1) That the fixture list makes it any more or less likely we will go up/down. We all knew the make up off the division

2) That you are banging on about scraping survival, the closest we got to the relegation zone was at end of season after securing safety and losing 3 on the bounce when on the beach. We were never likely go down, I doubt we were at any point less than about 20/1 at the bookies to do so

4 points from the bottom 3 is 4 points from the bottom 3 however you try and tart it up .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Relegation season... on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 2486 viewsartsbossbeard

Relegation season... on 15:14 - Jun 21 by Benters

4 points from the bottom 3 is 4 points from the bottom 3 however you try and tart it up .

But we were never ever in danger, ask the bookies and ignore the bedwetters on here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Relegation season... on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 2483 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation season... on 15:14 - Jun 21 by Benters

But we were never that close until we were mathematically safe

EDIT - In the same way those same people (rightly) say we weren't close to play offs in 2015/16 because we won a couple of dead rubbers
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 15:21]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Relegation season... on 15:53 - Jun 21 with 2444 viewsBenters

Relegation season... on 15:20 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

But we were never ever in danger, ask the bookies and ignore the bedwetters on here.

Mick said we were in trouble and fk the the fans something like that.

Gentlybentley

Relegation season... on 15:56 - Jun 21 with 2438 viewsartsbossbeard

Relegation season... on 15:53 - Jun 21 by Benters

Mick said we were in trouble and fk the the fans something like that.

Oh, I've asked before on here what he said to upset the easily outraged and didn't get a response. Now I know!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Relegation season... on 16:05 - Jun 21 with 2428 viewsbraveblue

Relegation season... on 11:19 - Jun 21 by ColchesterBlue1985

I thought it was a strange one considering they already had a top class keeper in Kuszczak, didnt think either would be happy being a bench warmer.

Our best signing will be keeping Bart if we somehow manage it.

I am slightly more optimistic than i was back in May and actually think if we keep Bart, Webster, Taylor and sign a central midfielder a winger and Lafferty to add with Garner and Celina we will be alot stronger next season then we were this.

Taylor will be injured by end August.

Skuse will be first name on the team sheet following Chambers.

Little will change.
Relegation season... on 09:41 - Jun 22 with 2346 viewsBenters

Relegation season... on 15:56 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

Oh, I've asked before on here what he said to upset the easily outraged and didn't get a response. Now I know!

You ok hun?

Is the sun getting to you?

Ive never known you so grumpy.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation season... on 09:44 - Jun 22 with 2344 viewsKieran_Knows

Relegation season... on 16:05 - Jun 21 by braveblue

Taylor will be injured by end August.

Skuse will be first name on the team sheet following Chambers.

Little will change.

Morning Mick, how are you?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Relegation season... on 16:49 - Jun 22 with 2292 viewsMullet

Relegation season... on 13:26 - Jun 21 by TheBlueBarca

I like how many downvotes I have for suggesting we may go down this season.

May I remind those people we finished just 4 points from the drop this past season. We have hardly invested millions on strengthening either like Brum is doing, we've given Spence another season, Taylor will get another chance, Berra's gone, Pittman and Bru are off, Garner has come in which in my view is an expensive Pittman replacement rather than a Murphy one. Lawrence has gone too, so that's 3 of our last 3 top scorers out of the club in 3 seasons.

It's hardly earth shaking news that we're likely candidates to go down is it? We were awful last season.

It's probably because you've spent over a year desperately dripping negativity like you need a Tena pad.

All this desperation for Mick to fail, Town to fail so he can get sacked, the chance to say "I told you so" and keep rewriting history suit is fudging tiresome and counter-productive. Let alone marking out people who clearly know FA about this league, which is the polar opposite to all these moans in terms of predictability.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Relegation season... on 17:47 - Jun 22 with 2268 viewsFreddy

Mid table for me
Relegation season... on 18:35 - Jun 22 with 2259 viewsBenters

Relegation season... on 17:47 - Jun 22 by Freddy

Mid table for me

Lower mid table .

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024