Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation season... 11:12 - Jun 21 with 14851 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is it just me that's feeling this looking at the fixtures?

Just look at the players even Brum are bringing in, who finished as badly as we did, compared to the players we are bringing in and looking at. We're oceans apart in terms of ambitious signings. We mock Harry but he does bring the names in, Stockdale for example is one hell of a signing to start with.

I very much hope I am wrong but I have that sinking feeling, and we managed to scrape it by just 4 points last season.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Relegation season... on 11:16 - Jun 21 with 8579 viewsWD19

To be honest I looked at the list and for the first time in ages thought 'meh, not much glamour/much to fear there'.

Will be a slog as usual. From 5th or 6th downwards will probably be quite tight.
Relegation season... on 11:18 - Jun 21 with 8566 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll have a £50 charity bet now that Town will be nowhere near relegation next season.

"Scraped", massive fannying that.

EACH is my preferred charity.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

That's the spirit!! (n/t) on 11:18 - Jun 21 with 8558 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Relegation season... on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 8547 viewspeterleeblue

Relegation season... on 11:16 - Jun 21 by WD19

To be honest I looked at the list and for the first time in ages thought 'meh, not much glamour/much to fear there'.

Will be a slog as usual. From 5th or 6th downwards will probably be quite tight.

Hmm not so sure there mate. In terms of financial clout there are probably only 4/5 clubs with less. Play Offs will be a massive achievement.
Relegation season... on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 8545 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I thought it was a strange one considering they already had a top class keeper in Kuszczak, didnt think either would be happy being a bench warmer.

Our best signing will be keeping Bart if we somehow manage it.

I am slightly more optimistic than i was back in May and actually think if we keep Bart, Webster, Taylor and sign a central midfielder a winger and Lafferty to add with Garner and Celina we will be alot stronger next season then we were this.
Relegation season... on 11:20 - Jun 21 with 8545 viewsDubtractor

I think it is far too early to be worrying.

Our squad as it is will struggle, no doubt, but it is still very early days.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I've said this to a couple of the barmies on here.... on 11:20 - Jun 21 with 8540 viewsBloots

Relegation season... on 11:18 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

I'll have a £50 charity bet now that Town will be nowhere near relegation next season.

....none of them are up for it.

Twangers.

Relegation season... on 11:20 - Jun 21 with 8538 viewschristiand

It would worry me more if we only add Taylor to our squad. We are in desperate need of some creative flair in central midfield, the signing of Tunnicliffe would be another nail in the coffin for any creativity, just another midfielder that works hard and likes a tackle - they are 10 a penny in this league. I'm still hopeful of more positive signings, would love us to sign someone like Izzy Brown for our midfield, but we still look lightweight up top too - Garner, McGoldrick and Sears, we could do with another.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation season... on 11:22 - Jun 21 with 8516 viewsLankHenners

Paul Jewell "brought the names in".

In answer to your opening question - no, there's plenty of bedwetters who will moan about something that's not happened yet and might not even happen at all.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Relegation season... on 11:46 - Jun 21 with 8420 viewsWD19

Relegation season... on 11:19 - Jun 21 by peterleeblue

Hmm not so sure there mate. In terms of financial clout there are probably only 4/5 clubs with less. Play Offs will be a massive achievement.

There are 15 slots in between the play offs and relegation. I would be astounded if we don't fill one of them.
Relegation season... on 11:58 - Jun 21 with 8376 viewsGuthrum

Is Stockdale really much better then Bialkowski? The only other player they've actually signed so far is Gardner, who was on loan with them last season when they nearly got relegated.

The fixture list is irrelevant, as we have no idea yet who is going to be good and who not.

How we did last season is not necessarily relevant. We missed out on the play-offs by a not dissimilar margin the season before.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Relegation season... on 12:00 - Jun 21 with 8356 viewstaximan

Relegation season... on 11:18 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

how do you define "nowhere near" in terms of settling the bet ?
The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:03 - Jun 21 with 8353 viewsBloots

Relegation season... on 11:58 - Jun 21 by Guthrum

Is Stockdale really much better then Bialkowski? The only other player they've actually signed so far is Gardner, who was on loan with them last season when they nearly got relegated.

The fixture list is irrelevant, as we have no idea yet who is going to be good and who not.

How we did last season is not necessarily relevant. We missed out on the play-offs by a not dissimilar margin the season before.

...exactly the same number of players as us is not a fact that should be brought into this attempted blub.

Many thanks.

Relegation season... on 12:05 - Jun 21 with 8339 viewsartsbossbeard

Relegation season... on 12:00 - Jun 21 by taximan

I'll settle for outside the bottom 3 but I'd be happy to take a bet from the OP on anything north of 5th from bottom downwards.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I expect they'll discuss that..... on 12:06 - Jun 21 with 8328 viewsBloots

Relegation season... on 12:00 - Jun 21 by taximan

.....between them, once he takes up the offer.

Which he won't.

Obviously.

So it's irrelevant.

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:07 - Jun 21 with 8329 viewsGuthrum

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:03 - Jun 21 by Bloots

...exactly the same number of players as us is not a fact that should be brought into this attempted blub.

Many thanks.

If you include the Spence deal and the virtually-completed (but not formally concluded) Celina loan, we have three to their two, unless there's some I've missed (Terry is only a rumour).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Give it a rest with the facts!!! (n/t) on 12:10 - Jun 21 with 8301 viewsBloots

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:07 - Jun 21 by Guthrum

If you include the Spence deal and the virtually-completed (but not formally concluded) Celina loan, we have three to their two, unless there's some I've missed (Terry is only a rumour).

Relegation season... on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 8284 viewsReuser_is_God

Hell of a signing?

Stockdale is vastly overrated.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Relegation season... on 12:14 - Jun 21 with 8268 viewstaximan

Relegation season... on 12:05 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

I'll settle for outside the bottom 3 but I'd be happy to take a bet from the OP on anything north of 5th from bottom downwards.

5th from bottom sounds fair for an even money bet imo

not that i'm interested in taking you up on it
Relegation season... on 12:17 - Jun 21 with 8250 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Well if you think town will go down then why bother going to the games?

Time to back the players!

COYB's!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 12:17]

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:17 - Jun 21 with 8250 viewsReuser_is_God

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:07 - Jun 21 by Guthrum

Who else have they signed? Stockdale &?

I don't think we can really class Spence as a new signing.

Evans out

Relegation season... on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 8219 viewsmutters

No way can we tell this early on. I am positive so far, a couple of early signings, potentially others in motion. Hopefully we will be more settled come start of the season and not still scrabbling around trying to find players.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 8216 viewstaximan

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:17 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Who else have they signed? Stockdale &?

I don't think we can really class Spence as a new signing.

spence is definitely not a new signing and neither will huws be - they were both part of the first team squad at the end of last season, all of which shows that there is much to do, just to be as sh1tty as a few months ago
The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 8200 viewsReuser_is_God

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:21 - Jun 21 by taximan

spence is definitely not a new signing and neither will huws be - they were both part of the first team squad at the end of last season, all of which shows that there is much to do, just to be as sh1tty as a few months ago

Agreed.

I think we'll get the deals done but will be late on as is often the case with us as players will wait around to see if they get offered more money elsewhere. That's why Spence has all ready signed, he knows he won't get better than Ipswich whereas Huws might therefore he's holding out a bit longer.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 12:24]

Evans out

Relegation season... on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 8196 viewsTractorWood

Relegation season... on 12:13 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Hell of a signing?

Stockdale is vastly overrated.

I thought this last season. Was constantly getting praised but seemed to make a basic error every time I saw him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024