Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... 22:53 - Jun 21 with 14233 viewsunstableblue

.. that they still believe that leaving Europe is a good thing and worth the decade(s) of damage??

Certainly no Brexiteer can state that the Brexit vehicle, Tory leadership, and legislative burden is not very concerning.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 22:53]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:07 - Jun 22 with 5211 viewsFreddies_Ears

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 06:56 - Jun 22 by tiptreeblue

But i believe none of that will stop, We can`t do without that just as Europe can`t do without our trade and people, it seems pretty obvious all the talk about people movement is just talk as neither of us could cope without it. it is opening us up to the rest of the world though

We have never been closed to the rest of the world. Immigration from non-EU has matched EU, and we export to many countries using the trade deals the EU has negotiated for us over the last 44 years.

Oh, and the EU27 will manage fine without us. Many of them are looking forward to it, as it means not having to deal with recalcitrant Brits.
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:10 - Jun 22 with 5206 viewshype313

No, not at all, I for one cannot wait for that weekly £350m to go back into the NHS coffers....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:14 - Jun 22 with 5196 viewstcblue

"The vote has to be respected"

Not sure I agree wholly with this, I think as a point in time is one thing, but given the information given out was largely jingoistic nonsense and the reality is known a little more, would it not make some semblance of sense to spend some of the £180m Brexit fund on asking the public again what they want?

I'm still finding it all quite amusing, but I don't think I would be if I had voted for Brexit based on the lies which were peddled
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:18 - Jun 22 with 5186 viewsWD19

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:07 - Jun 22 by Freddies_Ears

We have never been closed to the rest of the world. Immigration from non-EU has matched EU, and we export to many countries using the trade deals the EU has negotiated for us over the last 44 years.

Oh, and the EU27 will manage fine without us. Many of them are looking forward to it, as it means not having to deal with recalcitrant Brits.

Many of them are equally not looking forward not being able to hide behind recalcitrant Brits. The balance will definitely shift with our departure.

I agree they will be fine though. In many respects us bailing out on the project has galvanized them to come together in a way they needed.
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:21 - Jun 22 with 5175 viewsNo9

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 08:14 - Jun 22 by meekreech

I think you have it the wrong way round. We import more from the eu than they do from us so that we are a larger source of their revenue. We can offset their import trade with others thereby reducing their revenues and also increasing ours with free trade deals.

No, you are wrong.
The UK exports to the EU are falling but still represent about 40to45% of exports.
The reason the UK exports are falling is because the EU has been proactive and not waiting for the UK so has sourced much of what it imports from the UK from elsewhere.
On the other hand the EU only exports some 8 to 11% to the UK. As the German minister said, the 3% of what we export to the UK is important but the other 97% is more important.

The UK's largest single country that exports go to is the USA which means that all the talk about doingtrade deals elsewhere is bollox.

Then you have to look at what the UK can export without components coming in from the EU and the fact the UK relies on the EU for energy and fuel which demonstrates the UK cannot function without the EU.
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:24 - Jun 22 with 5166 viewsNo9

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 06:01 - Jun 22 by tiptreeblue

i really don`t understand why people can`t grasp that your third paragraph is almost certainly what will happen. they seem in a cocoon that we are sole reliant on the EU. there IS A BIG WORLD out there ready to deal with us if Europe don`t want to, and they do, don`t worry about that

Go to the ONS website and look at the imports & exports section
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 09:39 - Jun 22 with 5149 viewsThomz0

I wasn't for Brexit but it's not good. Not good at all. Even buying things has been made difficult, my wife and I are having a baby and ordered some things from http://www.prams.net/ and it's been a nightmare with the shipping, etc. Luckily they've been helpful but it's been much more stressful than it should be.
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 11:39 - Jun 22 with 5096 viewsunstableblue

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 08:27 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Ultimately everything is going to just remain exactly the same but we are going to spend a vast um of money recreating it. It's absolute madness

Spot on Joe.

There has been some criticism of the Queen's speech, but the underlying message which should be more headline news, is that our government is basically stopping its day job for a very long time, to rebuild legislation that we will really not stray far from its original as 90% of the European model is good and commendable.

My personnel view is the Farage jingoism always focussed on the bad of Europe, whereas taking certain things out of the 4 yearly election cycle was a good thing, such as environment, human rights, health/safety, research/infrastructure.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 11:43 - Jun 22 with 5090 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don't care if we leave or stay now tbh

If we leave, the morons in power have no idea what they are doing but if we go, democracy has been ignored and I may as well not bother wasting my time voting ever again.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 11:47 - Jun 22 with 5079 viewsDeano69

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 06:46 - Jun 22 by unstableblue

Yes big world out there, but the mobile workforce we need is in Europe, London and many areas such as your own need low skilled immigration that is flexible:

At Wilkin and Sons in Essex, the picking season for strawberries is in full swing. But this year, they have 20% fewer workers than they would like.
"We're managing, but we're not comfortable," said joint managing director Chris Newenham.
"Our seasonal workers are a critical resource for us to be able to save our crop each year. And the logical extension of not being able to harvest that crop is that we will have to bring our production in from overseas and that's a position none of us want to see. "

I was led to believe the National Living Wage / Minimum Wage was going to solve this. No need for cut price labour from overseas as UK citizens would actually be able to earn good money doing a low-skilled job....oh..

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:00 - Jun 22 with 5057 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 11:43 - Jun 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't care if we leave or stay now tbh

If we leave, the morons in power have no idea what they are doing but if we go, democracy has been ignored and I may as well not bother wasting my time voting ever again.

I think this is the Tory plan. Prevaricate and draw it out long enough for the public to lose the will to live, and then they'll keep us in via the back door.

Maybe.

Or they're genuinely just useless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 13:11 - Jun 22 with 5021 viewsNo9

Listening to the 'Brexiteers' there is not one who has yet shown they undertand what it means it is all about their own agenda.
A long har look at what they want leads us down a blind alley to salf satisfaction
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 19:21 - Jun 22 with 4972 viewsJ2BLUE

For the millionth time we are leaving the EU not Europe.

I still favour a hard Bexit because I believe we will be better off in the long run outside the EU. Nothing is going to get you to even listen to the reasoning with an open mind and we've been through it a hundred times already.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 19:48 - Jun 22 with 4958 viewsmeekreech

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 08:06 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

40% of those who voted. Roughly 20% of the population voted for the Tories, but that's including people who aren't eligible to vote or who didn't vote.

Therefore if people are not using the vote they are entitled to there are no grounds for them to be complaining ! Thus the government of this country has been elected by the largest proportion of the votes cast !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:21 - Jun 22 with 4939 viewsNo9

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 19:21 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

I still favour a hard Bexit because I believe we will be better off in the long run outside the EU. Nothing is going to get you to even listen to the reasoning with an open mind and we've been through it a hundred times already.

A 'hard Brexit' may be much more painful than you could imagine.
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:24 - Jun 22 with 4935 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 19:21 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

Maybe.

Tusk has joined the growing queue of Euro-sorts publically saying they want us to stay and will leave the door open. I don't see how the Tories could do that and survive, but this isn't over until it's over. Our position swings more quickly than a weather vane.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:30 - Jun 22 with 4934 viewsNo9

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:24 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe.

Tusk has joined the growing queue of Euro-sorts publically saying they want us to stay and will leave the door open. I don't see how the Tories could do that and survive, but this isn't over until it's over. Our position swings more quickly than a weather vane.

It has been obvious for some time now that the EU have been manoeuvring to a position where they can demonstrate just how extreme the 'Brexiteers (RW tories) really are.

It will never be over, as Heseltine made plain, until the tories find someone to lance the EU boil that has been a cancer in the UK tory party.

Mrs May is not that person
Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:47 - Jun 22 with 4922 viewsJ2BLUE

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:24 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe.

Fairly sure I read recently that if we stayed we would lose our opt outs and rebates. It seems now to be all in or all out.

Truly impaired.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:48 - Jun 22 with 4922 viewsSuperfrans

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 08:40 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

I agree with your points on the EU but your 80% figure is meaningless. Our electoral system doesn't work the way you are implying.

SB

Neither does the European Union electoral system work in any way as implied, by the majority of Brexiteers - which was the counterpoint. It just seems odd to me that anti-EU types want us out because of the apparently damaged democratic system, but are happy to hand all control over to the damaged democratic system we have in this country, which is imho far worse.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 4918 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:30 - Jun 22 by No9

It has been obvious for some time now that the EU have been manoeuvring to a position where they can demonstrate just how extreme the 'Brexiteers (RW tories) really are.

It will never be over, as Heseltine made plain, until the tories find someone to lance the EU boil that has been a cancer in the UK tory party.

Mrs May is not that person

I thought the EUnhas been pretty restrained by keeping out of our business. But then I don't do subtle - it needs to be bleedingly obvious before I spot something!

I'd imagine it's almost impossible to lance that boil as they can just bounce between the Tories and UKIP depending on current party line.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 21:10 - Jun 22 with 4904 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 20:47 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

Fairly sure I read recently that if we stayed we would lose our opt outs and rebates. It seems now to be all in or all out.

Haven't seen that about our current concessions, but it wouldn't be a good outcome at all. I don't see how we can stay from the point of view of our domestic politics. But it's interesting to see the EU and EU states becoming more vocal.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 21:13 - Jun 22 with 4896 viewsJ2BLUE

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 21:10 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Haven't seen that about our current concessions, but it wouldn't be a good outcome at all. I don't see how we can stay from the point of view of our domestic politics. But it's interesting to see the EU and EU states becoming more vocal.

http://news.sky.com/story/britain-could-only-stay-in-eu-on-worse-terms-guy-verho

Truly impaired.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:01 - Jun 23 with 4826 viewsJ2BLUE

No comments on the link above then people? Are we going to do the usual tactic of not responding and then creating another thread in a few days unstable?

Truly impaired.

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:04 - Jun 23 with 4824 viewsSteve_M

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:01 - Jun 23 by J2BLUE

No comments on the link above then people? Are we going to do the usual tactic of not responding and then creating another thread in a few days unstable?

The simple answer is no-one actually knows. The EU is a political construct and, of there was the right political pressure and agreement then almost anything would be possible.

May's triggering of Article 50 without a plan makes it both likely that the UK will lose influence regardless and that we will get to the end of that process without a suitable deal in place.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:20 - Jun 23 with 4811 viewsJ2BLUE

Can any Brexiteer on here genuinely, and I mean genuinely, state... on 12:04 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

The simple answer is no-one actually knows. The EU is a political construct and, of there was the right political pressure and agreement then almost anything would be possible.

May's triggering of Article 50 without a plan makes it both likely that the UK will lose influence regardless and that we will get to the end of that process without a suitable deal in place.

Thanks for the sensible response. People seem to know when it's something bad about Brexit though. Especially unstable, he has history of starting these threads and then not responding to any points made. He can then start another one in a few days with another little rant.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024