Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeeza. 06:35 - Jun 22 with 70474 viewsBenters

Has this man no shame?

He has no repect for the Queen,i can see that.

This is why i will never vote labour with that trouble making tool in charge.

Rule Britannia.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Jeeza. on 20:28 - Jun 23 with 2821 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 20:16 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

Totally agree with your last bit.

Disagree that overall a sprinkler system wouldn't have benefitted the situation. Whether it would have put out the fire, or at least slowed it - people getting wet would surely have enhanced their survival chances.

With the heat put out, the sprinklers would have caused steam initially. It would have been very dangerous.

A sprinkler system may have benefitted the situation as you say. There are risks involved. The activation of the system would need to cut off electrical supplies, any forced ventilation will need to be cut off too.

I hope that any recommendations from this tragedy are rolled out quickly to all other tower blocks, that fire safety regulations are revised, and that residents in such blocks are provided with some basic training and fire fighting apparatus.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Jeeza. on 20:32 - Jun 23 with 2798 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 20:28 - Jun 23 by NewcyBlue

With the heat put out, the sprinklers would have caused steam initially. It would have been very dangerous.

A sprinkler system may have benefitted the situation as you say. There are risks involved. The activation of the system would need to cut off electrical supplies, any forced ventilation will need to be cut off too.

I hope that any recommendations from this tragedy are rolled out quickly to all other tower blocks, that fire safety regulations are revised, and that residents in such blocks are provided with some basic training and fire fighting apparatus.

You make a really good point. It's no good saying sprinkler systems would have saved lives. We don't know. They could have done or they may have made things worse.

The most important thing, as you have said, is that we can learn from this and that a full inquiry and report can be acted on asap to prevent further tragedies.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeeza. on 20:38 - Jun 23 with 2784 viewslowhouseblue

Jeeza. on 20:11 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

What's pathetic is you've made two conflicting statements, and when I've pointed it out you've swerved it.

It failed safety tests. People were allowed to live in an unsafe building. Or did it just suddenly become unsafe overnight?

The police have said it has failed safety tests and are considering manslaughter charges. Do you disagree with the police?

just admit you misread the article.

it's pathetic that you are throwing up all this nonsense as a smoke screen. you misread it and thought that the test happened before the fire. just admit it. you'll have a bit more credibility if you do.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Jeeza. on 20:42 - Jun 23 with 2768 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 20:38 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

it's pathetic that you are throwing up all this nonsense as a smoke screen. you misread it and thought that the test happened before the fire. just admit it. you'll have a bit more credibility if you do.

Dolly is incapable of admitting he was wrong on the internet. You have more chance of getting Corbyn to give massive tax cuts to hedge fund managers than Dolly admitting he was wrong on the internet.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 20:43 - Jun 23 with 2769 viewsCaptain__Hindsight

Phil should've locked this pages ago

Benters shouldn't have started this

the topic should've been kept to

my work here is done
Jeeza. on 20:44 - Jun 23 with 2760 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 20:28 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

Stop swerving. You clearly stated that somebody "gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests"

It's on page 9 of this thread FFS. I really give up with you. You are saying you didn't post something you posted even though it's here in black and white.

I thought you said you were "out"?!

Where have I said I didn't post something I did? I have posted, several times now, that the article is unclear when the tests were done. It doesn't actually say. But it is largely irrelevant to the people that died. They were living in a building that was unsafe - and the police seem to think someone is responsible for that.

Are you going to address the other bit where you lied or are you going to ignore that in favour of this silly 'when the tests were done' nonsense?

You're using a small, largely irrelevant detail to try and score internet points against me - using the deaths of many people in fact - rather than address the main point. I'll put it in bold so you get it;

"The Grenfell Tower fire in London started in a fridge-freezer, and outside cladding and insulation failed safety tests, police say.The Metropolitan Police say manslaughter, health and safety, and fire safety charges will be considered.

Please stick to the main point rather than using people's deaths to score internet points against me.

Do you disagree with the police?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jeeza. on 20:49 - Jun 23 with 2734 viewslowhouseblue

Jeeza. on 20:44 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

I thought you said you were "out"?!

Where have I said I didn't post something I did? I have posted, several times now, that the article is unclear when the tests were done. It doesn't actually say. But it is largely irrelevant to the people that died. They were living in a building that was unsafe - and the police seem to think someone is responsible for that.

Are you going to address the other bit where you lied or are you going to ignore that in favour of this silly 'when the tests were done' nonsense?

You're using a small, largely irrelevant detail to try and score internet points against me - using the deaths of many people in fact - rather than address the main point. I'll put it in bold so you get it;

"The Grenfell Tower fire in London started in a fridge-freezer, and outside cladding and insulation failed safety tests, police say.The Metropolitan Police say manslaughter, health and safety, and fire safety charges will be considered.

Please stick to the main point rather than using people's deaths to score internet points against me.

Do you disagree with the police?

when you posted that someone "gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests" you were wrong. so you could just acknowledge that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Jeeza. on 20:55 - Jun 23 with 2712 viewsbrogansnose

This thread is the equivalent of a saloon brawl in the Wild West.
Login to get fewer ads

Jeeza. on 20:57 - Jun 23 with 2704 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 20:55 - Jun 23 by brogansnose

This thread is the equivalent of a saloon brawl in the Wild West.

I wish my Mrs would hurry home from the shops and drag me off of here.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 21:02 - Jun 23 with 2695 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 20:38 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

I haven't misread the article. It states "outside cladding and insulation failed safety tests, police say." It doesn't say when these tests took place. It may well be recent tests, it may well be the initial tests when the building was ready for occupation.

You would gain credibility if you admit your initial statement "the building didn't fail any of those previous routine safety checks" was made up by you. You've since admitted we don't know - so that statement is entirely false.

You are trying to trip me up and score internet points when the real issue is tests were failed - and the police are considering manslaughter charges. Will you address this?

Jeeza. on 21:03 - Jun 23 with 2692 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 20:32 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

You make a really good point. It's no good saying sprinkler systems would have saved lives. We don't know. They could have done or they may have made things worse.

The most important thing, as you have said, is that we can learn from this and that a full inquiry and report can be acted on asap to prevent further tragedies.

I hope everyone regularly checks their smoke alarms. These will be your first warning.

I certainly believe that a fire blanket for a fiver is a wise investment, £15 and you can buy a dry powder fire extinguisher. Both of these items are easy to use and could make the world of difference.

Also, for those of you who have tumble dryers, learn how to clean the filter traps out properly. Make it a habitual thing you do. Every single time you use it, clean it.

Look after yourselves, look after your neighbours, your friends, your family.

Jeeza. on 21:05 - Jun 23 with 2687 viewsbrogansnose

Jeeza. on 20:57 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

Classic TWTD's interweb punch up Glassers.

I'm betting Mrs G will get in, look what you're doing, and simply roll her eyes.
Jeeza. on 21:06 - Jun 23 with 2686 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 20:42 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

Dolly is incapable of admitting he was wrong on the internet. You have more chance of getting Corbyn to give massive tax cuts to hedge fund managers than Dolly admitting he was wrong on the internet.

Glasgow is incapable of admitting he lied about Dolly on the internet. You have more chance of getting May to admit to worse than running through wheat fields than Glasgow admitting he lied about Dolly on the internet.

So Glasgow. I've asked you in double figures now. Did you lie about me cheering McDonnell when he suggested scrapping MI5? Try not to swerve it this time.

Jeeza. on 21:07 - Jun 23 with 2681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 21:05 - Jun 23 by brogansnose

Classic TWTD's interweb punch up Glassers.

I'm betting Mrs G will get in, look what you're doing, and simply roll her eyes.

She'll be more concerned I have drunk a bottle of wine she was planning on enjoying tonight.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 21:08 - Jun 23 with 2673 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 20:57 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

You should have gone with her. Earn some brownie points.

MrsNewcy isn't too bad for shopping. Thankfully.

I have just got the boy off to sleep, and am lying on the floor next to his bed. It is damned good to be home and I might just stay here all night.

Jeeza. on 21:08 - Jun 23 with 2669 viewsfooters

Happy Friday, guys 'n' gals.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jeeza. on 21:09 - Jun 23 with 2662 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 21:07 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

She'll be more concerned I have drunk a bottle of wine she was planning on enjoying tonight.

This explains a lot.

Jeeza. on 21:10 - Jun 23 with 2663 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jeeza. on 21:03 - Jun 23 by NewcyBlue

I hope everyone regularly checks their smoke alarms. These will be your first warning.

I certainly believe that a fire blanket for a fiver is a wise investment, £15 and you can buy a dry powder fire extinguisher. Both of these items are easy to use and could make the world of difference.

Also, for those of you who have tumble dryers, learn how to clean the filter traps out properly. Make it a habitual thing you do. Every single time you use it, clean it.

Look after yourselves, look after your neighbours, your friends, your family.

Something that I am guilty of, although I have curbed it now due to nagging from my girlfriend is leaving my phone on charge over night.

A surprising amount of fires start from this apparently

Poll: Best Football Song

Jeeza. on 21:11 - Jun 23 with 2650 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 21:10 - Jun 23 by RoyKeanesDog

Something that I am guilty of, although I have curbed it now due to nagging from my girlfriend is leaving my phone on charge over night.

I must admit, I never knew that.

Jeeza. on 21:11 - Jun 23 with 2647 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 21:08 - Jun 23 by NewcyBlue

You should have gone with her. Earn some brownie points.

MrsNewcy isn't too bad for shopping. Thankfully.

I have just got the boy off to sleep, and am lying on the floor next to his bed. It is damned good to be home and I might just stay here all night.

She's been out with the kids since 4. They are probably in some bar in town.

How long are you home for Newcy? Bet the boy is happy to have you there.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 21:14 - Jun 23 with 2632 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm guilty of this as I have 4 kids all with ipads charging next to there beds. They usually fall asleep with them on the beds as well.

My 17 year old often falls asleep with his laptop on the bed.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 21:17 - Jun 23 with 2623 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 21:11 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

She's been out with the kids since 4. They are probably in some bar in town.

How long are you home for Newcy? Bet the boy is happy to have you there.

Home until end of August.

Seb and I have been running round like wild idiots this afternoon. Scared the living daylights out of some school leavers girls having a party on the beach as we came screaming and laughing running over the sand dunes.

Jeeza. on 21:18 - Jun 23 with 2618 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jeeza. on 21:14 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

I'm guilty of this as I have 4 kids all with ipads charging next to there beds. They usually fall asleep with them on the beds as well.

My 17 year old often falls asleep with his laptop on the bed.

I've done that all of my life really.

After working years in hospitality, I've seen lots of corners cut when it comes to fire safety. Have also done a few naughty things myself!

Poll: Best Football Song

Jeeza. on 21:19 - Jun 23 with 2614 viewsNewcyBlue

Yep, I have read about that. I am bad for leaving my phone on charge overnight too. Sometimes our reliance on our phones is really quite a bad thing.

Jeeza. on 21:21 - Jun 23 with 2594 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 21:06 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

Glasgow is incapable of admitting he lied about Dolly on the internet. You have more chance of getting May to admit to worse than running through wheat fields than Glasgow admitting he lied about Dolly on the internet.

So Glasgow. I've asked you in double figures now. Did you lie about me cheering McDonnell when he suggested scrapping MI5? Try not to swerve it this time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024