Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeeza. 06:35 - Jun 22 with 70473 viewsBenters

Has this man no shame?

He has no repect for the Queen,i can see that.

This is why i will never vote labour with that trouble making tool in charge.

Rule Britannia.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Jeeza. on 22:24 - Jun 22 with 5842 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jeeza. on 17:05 - Jun 22 by jas0999

Disrespectful towards our troops as well apparently. If this had been May, then this board would be full of how poor her behaviour was and demanding she go. Classic double standards I'm afraid.

If May refused to bow to Lizz then I might well vote for her !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jeeza. on 22:32 - Jun 22 with 5828 viewsjaykay

Jeeza. on 20:19 - Jun 22 by noggin

"Like I said mate, just do some reading and draw your own conclusions"

He does but it's The Sun.

so thats the paper where tiptree blue got his infomation from, that labour controlled kensington council.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Jeeza. on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 5800 viewsHerbivore

Jeeza. on 18:48 - Jun 22 by Benters

Its becuase the majority on here are liberal leftie loons.

Nothing is their fault,they want to buy houses,yet cant afford them,so rather than saving for a mortgage and working a bit harder,its easier to blame the system.

Modern times im affraid.

Ignorant and nasty, you're quite the charmer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jeeza. on 22:44 - Jun 22 with 5800 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 18:30 - Jun 22 by Benters

Yeah well dont bring facts into this.

Those AREN'T the facts.

Jesus Effing Christ.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jeeza. on 23:09 - Jun 22 with 5774 viewsMelford

on 20:28 - Jun 22 by _

I went to Uni 20 years ago to do a primary school teaching degree, BA Hons with QTS. I did the first year, which I passed but it was too much for me. I didn't have the temperament and patience for it. I changed courses and got messed around by the university and ended up going round the bend big time for a while, some pretty dark days so I got kicked out.

I'd do anything to go back to Uni and get a degree, back then it was so easy. No tuition fees, I even got a grant cheque from Suffolk County Council every term that covered my halls of residence fees. Now it's impossible financially, to give up full time work and still pay the fees, rent, bills and travel costs ( I can't drive either) as well as have the time to do the degree justice. Even the Open University works out at £50 a week.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Jeeza. on 23:18 - Jun 22 with 5757 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Jeeza. on 01:40 - Jun 23 with 5701 viewsRyorry

on 20:28 - Jun 22 by _

I must say Libero that whilst we haven't always seen eye to eye, I have every respect for your considerable endeavours (ho ho, sorry!) and aims; and your detailed posts on the horrendous Grenfell House Fire are excellent.

In fact whilst I haven't got the wherewithal to reply to all that I'd like to on here right now, esp re the technical aspects of the G H fire, cos I only had 3 hrs kip last night and have been up for about 14 hours now - I've found the thread very helpful in getting to understand the back story of a few people incl yourself on here, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd just like to say re Benters that although I've had my dust-ups with him over the years (as I think DK & others have said, he had full support of everyone on here re his own health, but then showed a remarkable lack of empathy for others with different illnesses) - the broad picture that strikes me is that everyone who's met him all say he's a warm, funny, likeable guy who they get on well with. Yet on this forum, he comes across as the pole opposite - wilfully ignorant, inconsiderate, unsympathetic etc. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that he's simply adopted, or gradually slipped into, a persona for here which is in effect just that of a troll. I know people will rightly say that's no excuse, but fwiw it's my take on him/the situation.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Jeeza. on 04:27 - Jun 23 with 5666 viewsBenters

Jeeza. on 01:40 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

I must say Libero that whilst we haven't always seen eye to eye, I have every respect for your considerable endeavours (ho ho, sorry!) and aims; and your detailed posts on the horrendous Grenfell House Fire are excellent.

In fact whilst I haven't got the wherewithal to reply to all that I'd like to on here right now, esp re the technical aspects of the G H fire, cos I only had 3 hrs kip last night and have been up for about 14 hours now - I've found the thread very helpful in getting to understand the back story of a few people incl yourself on here, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd just like to say re Benters that although I've had my dust-ups with him over the years (as I think DK & others have said, he had full support of everyone on here re his own health, but then showed a remarkable lack of empathy for others with different illnesses) - the broad picture that strikes me is that everyone who's met him all say he's a warm, funny, likeable guy who they get on well with. Yet on this forum, he comes across as the pole opposite - wilfully ignorant, inconsiderate, unsympathetic etc. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that he's simply adopted, or gradually slipped into, a persona for here which is in effect just that of a troll. I know people will rightly say that's no excuse, but fwiw it's my take on him/the situation.

Thanks for the mention Ryorry.

I will never forget those who gave me support,the trouble is most of the main people are either banned (Bloo) or no longer post on here for personal reasons i wont go into .

When you say i dont support anybody who are ill themselves im sorry but that is bolox.

I have pms from people asking me questions about Cancer and what to expect during their treatments,not everybody likes to post everything on the open forum.

I offer those people my full support and they know who they are .

I also look after or help a few friends on FB .

On a recent visit to Hospital a husband of a lady who i help,came up to me and thanked me for my support,and told me i was her 'rock'.

So to say i dont help people is miles out.

Enjoy your day.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Jeeza. on 04:53 - Jun 23 with 5658 viewsRyorry

Jeeza. on 04:27 - Jun 23 by Benters

I will never forget those who gave me support,the trouble is most of the main people are either banned (Bloo) or no longer post on here for personal reasons i wont go into .

When you say i dont support anybody who are ill themselves im sorry but that is bolox.

I have pms from people asking me questions about Cancer and what to expect during their treatments,not everybody likes to post everything on the open forum.

On a recent visit to Hospital a husband of a lady who i help,came up to me and thanked me for my support,and told me i was her 'rock'.

Enjoy your day.

I think I was one amongst those "main" people Benters, many of whom I see are still on here.

The fact that you cite PMs actually reinforces what I said in my previous post - pretty much all the ones I've exchanged with you show a completely different, nice side of you (including last night's on gardens & gardening) to the 'public' you that you present on open forum.

As far as your attitude to illnesses support is concerned, I did distinguish (or thought I did, apols if I didn't make it clear) between your approach to people with cancer, and those with other illnesses such as my own, where you made it clear numerous times that you wouldn't care about the potentially disastrous effects for other people of smoke bombs. I'd rather not have mentioned that as we did agree to draw a line, but unfortunately your previous post and the context makes it necessary.

Well done for giving the help and support that you have to others with cancer of course.

I'm going to bed now, I've been up since 9am yesterday morning, and that was after just 3 hrs kip!!

Jeeza. on 05:09 - Jun 23 with 5645 viewsBenters

Jeeza. on 04:53 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

I think I was one amongst those "main" people Benters, many of whom I see are still on here.

The fact that you cite PMs actually reinforces what I said in my previous post - pretty much all the ones I've exchanged with you show a completely different, nice side of you (including last night's on gardens & gardening) to the 'public' you that you present on open forum.

As far as your attitude to illnesses support is concerned, I did distinguish (or thought I did, apols if I didn't make it clear) between your approach to people with cancer, and those with other illnesses such as my own, where you made it clear numerous times that you wouldn't care about the potentially disastrous effects for other people of smoke bombs. I'd rather not have mentioned that as we did agree to draw a line, but unfortunately your previous post and the context makes it necessary.

Well done for giving the help and support that you have to others with cancer of course.

I'm going to bed now, I've been up since 9am yesterday morning, and that was after just 3 hrs kip!!

Im not bionic you know ffs!

How can i cope with my on going hospital checkups,taking care of other people,and then worry about people who say they have this mental health issue or that mental health issue?

The smoke bomb was more a joke if you can remember,i give you Luke,he thought they were great,until that was the 'big chesses' said they didnt like them,then of course he didnt like them! As you know i thought it funny that you would worry about a smoke bomb when you hardly ever go to football .

I speak my mind,i dont bullsh1t anybody,what you see is what you get.

Im out before 7am this morn have two gardens today,one local the other bit of a trek.

Enjoy your day.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 5:14]

Gentlybentley

Jeeza. on 05:13 - Jun 23 with 5646 viewsjeera

Jeeza. on 04:27 - Jun 23 by Benters

Enjoy your day.

You do forget many of those who supported you and in way of thanks you choose to mock them in some attempt to big yourself up. You've had cancer. Yes it's nasty. No it's not fair. But other people get ill too. Not everything is all about you.

Other people suffer misfortune.

Cherry picking a few examples of times when you're nice to other people you can relate to doesn't wash. Anyone can do that.

The point that's been made to you a billion times is that you only show consideration to circumstances you can directly relate to.

All others you ignore or dismiss out of hand.

This is not complicated.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jeeza. on 06:01 - Jun 23 with 5623 viewsBenters

Jeeza. on 05:13 - Jun 23 by jeera

You do forget many of those who supported you and in way of thanks you choose to mock them in some attempt to big yourself up. You've had cancer. Yes it's nasty. No it's not fair. But other people get ill too. Not everything is all about you.

Other people suffer misfortune.

Cherry picking a few examples of times when you're nice to other people you can relate to doesn't wash. Anyone can do that.

The point that's been made to you a billion times is that you only show consideration to circumstances you can directly relate to.

All others you ignore or dismiss out of hand.

This is not complicated.

People poke me in this thread and i will poke back.

This thread isnt about me it was started as per title.

Im sorry if i dont come across a nice person to many on here,but i dont agree with all this fawning B-lox shown to each other on here,in fact i find it fkn strange to be honest.

Ive tried to contact you on numerous occasions,but hey you were the dck who decided to post what i had said to you in the pm.

One of the things i enjoy about this site,is the fact it used to be what was said in a pm was kept private.

Now people are starting to tell the world what is said in the pms.

Its a good job i dont reveal what is said in some pms i have recieved,i think i have once the classic one was titled 'will you argue with me on the forum you c-ut'.

Here's another from the New Board Saint Libby,'im glad you didnt have children as one of you on the planet is enough'.

If people are nasty to me,just look at the abuse i have recieved in this thread,most of those who have gave it to me,would have been sucking Phils teat by lunch time yesterday.

Im sorry if i cant remember everybody who has sent me a good will message !

Gentlybentley

Jeeza. on 06:26 - Jun 23 with 5607 viewsstickymockwell

Jeeza. on 06:01 - Jun 23 by Benters

People poke me in this thread and i will poke back.

This thread isnt about me it was started as per title.

Im sorry if i dont come across a nice person to many on here,but i dont agree with all this fawning B-lox shown to each other on here,in fact i find it fkn strange to be honest.

Ive tried to contact you on numerous occasions,but hey you were the dck who decided to post what i had said to you in the pm.

One of the things i enjoy about this site,is the fact it used to be what was said in a pm was kept private.

Now people are starting to tell the world what is said in the pms.

Its a good job i dont reveal what is said in some pms i have recieved,i think i have once the classic one was titled 'will you argue with me on the forum you c-ut'.

Here's another from the New Board Saint Libby,'im glad you didnt have children as one of you on the planet is enough'.

If people are nasty to me,just look at the abuse i have recieved in this thread,most of those who have gave it to me,would have been sucking Phils teat by lunch time yesterday.

Im sorry if i cant remember everybody who has sent me a good will message !

So you said you don't reveal what's said in your PM's and promptly reveal.
You also won't say what it is that made posters give you an abusive PM. I doubt Libby or anyone else would randomly abuse you without reason.
If you post opinions not everyone is going to agree. If you then get abusive, expect some back. If you want nice fluffy responses do what Keno did and stick to the fun threads and stop posting new threads that are designed to cause an argument.
You're so unaware of the real world outside of sleepy Suffolk villages and how hard it is for many, that when you post ignorant hatred you're going to receive some.
It's no coincidence that the people who dislike you the most on here are nurses, carers, teachers and some of them might have to help you one day.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Jeeza. on 06:28 - Jun 23 with 5598 viewsnoggin

Jeeza. on 06:26 - Jun 23 by stickymockwell

So you said you don't reveal what's said in your PM's and promptly reveal.
You also won't say what it is that made posters give you an abusive PM. I doubt Libby or anyone else would randomly abuse you without reason.
If you post opinions not everyone is going to agree. If you then get abusive, expect some back. If you want nice fluffy responses do what Keno did and stick to the fun threads and stop posting new threads that are designed to cause an argument.
You're so unaware of the real world outside of sleepy Suffolk villages and how hard it is for many, that when you post ignorant hatred you're going to receive some.
It's no coincidence that the people who dislike you the most on here are nurses, carers, teachers and some of them might have to help you one day.

Well said.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jeeza. on 06:54 - Jun 23 with 5570 viewsnoggin

Jeeza. on 19:28 - Jun 22 by FrowsyArmLarry

Jon snow said to dianne Abbott on the c4 news last night that this was done under a labour gov

Edit: feel free to post up some info though. I am impartially interested in how these events have come about
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 19:33]

Hasn't Kensington & Chelsea been under Conservative control for like, ever?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jeeza. on 07:44 - Jun 23 with 5503 viewsGlasgowBlue

I respect Jezza for not bowing to the Queen. He is a lifelong republican and would be a hypocrite if he did bow.

If this thread had been started by anyone else people would have either agreed or disagreed with the op. The thread would have ended after page one.

Instead we have seven pages of abuse and bullying, including the brining in up of a bloke's life threatening illness.

I've disagreed with benters over numerous subjects. He has made comments which I have told him are unnaceptable. But this thread is like watching a group of teenagers cornering a wounded dog and poking it with a stick. It's going to lash out and bite.

TBH it's reminding me of the last days of Tractir Girl when people would keep pushing her buttons in the hope she'd say something controversial, then they'd start ten pages of mock indignation.

Some people on here should feel utterly ashamed of themselves. Especially the last few contributions which I think have crossed the line.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeeza. on 08:09 - Jun 23 with 5479 viewsThrobbe

Jeeza. on 07:44 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

I respect Jezza for not bowing to the Queen. He is a lifelong republican and would be a hypocrite if he did bow.

If this thread had been started by anyone else people would have either agreed or disagreed with the op. The thread would have ended after page one.

Instead we have seven pages of abuse and bullying, including the brining in up of a bloke's life threatening illness.

I've disagreed with benters over numerous subjects. He has made comments which I have told him are unnaceptable. But this thread is like watching a group of teenagers cornering a wounded dog and poking it with a stick. It's going to lash out and bite.

TBH it's reminding me of the last days of Tractir Girl when people would keep pushing her buttons in the hope she'd say something controversial, then they'd start ten pages of mock indignation.

Some people on here should feel utterly ashamed of themselves. Especially the last few contributions which I think have crossed the line.

I can't help but agree on all counts.

TWTD can often astonish me with the standard of informed debate, and I've learned a lot here. This thread would shock a newcomer to the forum, and some of those involved are posters I generally hold in high regard.

Challenge Benters views by all means, and I find some of them disgusting myself, but without descending to this level.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Jeeza. on 08:16 - Jun 23 with 5457 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Whilst your point would be valid for nearly everybody else on this board, I have no sympathy if for taximan and Benters.

Poll: Best Football Song

Jeeza. on 08:24 - Jun 23 with 5423 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 19:01 - Jun 22 by Clapham_Junction

No, the council has been Conservative controlled since it was created in 1964 and the organisation that it handed its social housing to was created in 1996 under legislation passed in 1994 (and I'm sure you know who was in government then).

You are correct. Kensington and Chelsea is a Conservative controlled borough. But that is completely irrelevant in the context of what caused the fire or how the fire spread.

Five blocks in Labour controlled Camden have also been clad with the same material, which is now to be removed as quickly as possible. Had a fridge caught fire in one of the Camden flats would the same people trying to make political capital out of this tragedy? (I'm not saying you have been doing that. From what I've seen your posts on the subject have been very informative)

Across the country, 600 blocks have been clad with the same materials as those at Grenfell Tower. These are under control of Tory, Labour and Liberal councils.

The cladding of tower blocks began under the Blair government whose Decent Homes Initiative, which demanded that 95% of social housing be brought up to specified insulation standards by 2010 but which failed to lay down adequate fire standards. It was a Labour-controlled Southwark Council which was fined half a million quid for the fatal fire at Lakanal House in Camberwell in 2009 which was found to have spread as a result of renovation work.

This practice of cladding has continued under the coalition and under a Tory government.

If a political party is to blame then all three are at fault. So my view is rather than non Tory politicians and their supporters trying to make political capital out of the tragedy we should find out as soon as possible what cause the fire to spread and what can be done to prevent another tragedy like this happening. Surely that is more important than scoring points?

We can't bring back the dead but we can do out very best to ensure this type of tragedy never happens again. I just wish our politicians would get together, out asudebtheir differences and make that happen.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:48]

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 08:27 - Jun 23 with 5417 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jeeza. on 22:44 - Jun 22 by Dolly2.0

Those AREN'T the facts.

Jesus Effing Christ.

That's Jeeza's Effing Christ to Benters please !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 08:59 - Jun 23 with 5366 views_

Jeeza. on 23:09 - Jun 22 by Melford

I went to Uni 20 years ago to do a primary school teaching degree, BA Hons with QTS. I did the first year, which I passed but it was too much for me. I didn't have the temperament and patience for it. I changed courses and got messed around by the university and ended up going round the bend big time for a while, some pretty dark days so I got kicked out.

I'd do anything to go back to Uni and get a degree, back then it was so easy. No tuition fees, I even got a grant cheque from Suffolk County Council every term that covered my halls of residence fees. Now it's impossible financially, to give up full time work and still pay the fees, rent, bills and travel costs ( I can't drive either) as well as have the time to do the degree justice. Even the Open University works out at £50 a week.

Jeeza. on 09:44 - Jun 23 with 5320 viewsRyorry

I agree with some parts of that, but if you read carefully, you'll see that the first person to "(bring) up a bloke's life-threatening illness" on the thread was in fact Benters himself (12th post down, p5).

Jeeza. on 09:46 - Jun 23 with 5311 viewsRyorry

Jeeza. on 05:09 - Jun 23 by Benters

Im not bionic you know ffs!

How can i cope with my on going hospital checkups,taking care of other people,and then worry about people who say they have this mental health issue or that mental health issue?

The smoke bomb was more a joke if you can remember,i give you Luke,he thought they were great,until that was the 'big chesses' said they didnt like them,then of course he didnt like them! As you know i thought it funny that you would worry about a smoke bomb when you hardly ever go to football .

I speak my mind,i dont bullsh1t anybody,what you see is what you get.

Im out before 7am this morn have two gardens today,one local the other bit of a trek.

Enjoy your day.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 5:14]

I rest my case.

Jeeza. on 09:46 - Jun 23 with 5299 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 08:24 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

You are correct. Kensington and Chelsea is a Conservative controlled borough. But that is completely irrelevant in the context of what caused the fire or how the fire spread.

Five blocks in Labour controlled Camden have also been clad with the same material, which is now to be removed as quickly as possible. Had a fridge caught fire in one of the Camden flats would the same people trying to make political capital out of this tragedy? (I'm not saying you have been doing that. From what I've seen your posts on the subject have been very informative)

Across the country, 600 blocks have been clad with the same materials as those at Grenfell Tower. These are under control of Tory, Labour and Liberal councils.

The cladding of tower blocks began under the Blair government whose Decent Homes Initiative, which demanded that 95% of social housing be brought up to specified insulation standards by 2010 but which failed to lay down adequate fire standards. It was a Labour-controlled Southwark Council which was fined half a million quid for the fatal fire at Lakanal House in Camberwell in 2009 which was found to have spread as a result of renovation work.

This practice of cladding has continued under the coalition and under a Tory government.

If a political party is to blame then all three are at fault. So my view is rather than non Tory politicians and their supporters trying to make political capital out of the tragedy we should find out as soon as possible what cause the fire to spread and what can be done to prevent another tragedy like this happening. Surely that is more important than scoring points?

We can't bring back the dead but we can do out very best to ensure this type of tragedy never happens again. I just wish our politicians would get together, out asudebtheir differences and make that happen.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:48]

How odd. A downvote from Libero.

Predictable but nevertheless odd.

Iron Lion Zion

on 10:02 - Jun 23 with 5279 views_

Jeeza. on 09:46 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

How odd. A downvote from Libero.

Predictable but nevertheless odd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024