Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic 07:41 - Jun 22 with 15680 viewsartsbossbeard

Well worth a watch, comrades.

Comes over as bright and intelligent, plus also it was Interesting to understand his views on ISIS,Crimea and The Ukraine.

Good job the Orange One has a decent team behind him, you get the impression Putin doesn't need one.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:43 - Jun 23 with 5307 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:30 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

Stokie's avatar is steeped in irony.

Good for you.

You're wit is unparalleled.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:46 - Jun 23 with 5305 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:29 - Jun 23 by chicoazul

You watching someone on TV doesnt give them any "credence" so I wouldnt worry about it. Open your mind a bit.

It gives him the chance to try and charm his way out of his past.

Looks like it worked on some people.

SB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:48 - Jun 23 with 5300 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:43 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Good for you.

SB

You got that right. Now, what's your source for Putin being the ex-head of the KGB?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:53 - Jun 23 with 5293 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:48 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

You got that right. Now, what's your source for Putin being the ex-head of the KGB?

Do you read anyone's post or do you decide what your reply will be before it's posted by the other person?

I only ask as I conceded the point already but you seem to want evidence for something I've conceded.

It's a bit odd.

SB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 5284 viewshype313

Good for you.

SB

*Your...Sorry to be a pedant, but while Facters is away....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:57 - Jun 23 with 5277 viewscaught-in-limbo

Fair point on head of KGB, not sure why I wrote that. He was fairly high though.

As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told.

Popularity with the Russian people? That should most certainly read "some of the Russian people". I am sure you know many who are very unhappy with him.

To be honest, it's pointless discussing this with you as you are not open to anything either, all western stuff is horrible nonsense as far as you are concerned.

SB

"Fair point on head of KGB, not sure why I wrote that."

LOL - perhaps you were just parroting a widely believed fallacy and thought you could get away with it?

"As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told."

OK, let's have the evidence for that statement - based on the current Duma, please.

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 5271 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:53 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Do you read anyone's post or do you decide what your reply will be before it's posted by the other person?

I only ask as I conceded the point already but you seem to want evidence for something I've conceded.

It's a bit odd.

SB

Your answer was at the bottom post of the page, I missed it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've since responded to it.

#CalmDownDear

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:04 - Jun 23 with 5261 viewslowhouseblue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:59 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

Your answer was at the bottom post of the page, I missed it. Nothing more, nothing less.

#CalmDownDear

is lieutenant colonel high up in the kgb? or is it middle management? serious question, just picking your brain.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 5255 viewsnodge_blue

are you part of the Russian effort to plant pro-russian propoganda subtly into our consciousness?

Shame he represses true democracy with authoritarian oppression.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:11 - Jun 23 with 5242 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:59 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

#CalmDownDear

It was given before the post you answered.

You really can be rather condescending, it's enough to stop anyone engaging with you.

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 12:14]

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:12 - Jun 23 with 5239 viewsnodge_blue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:15 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

You appear to be quite ignorant about Putin. He certainly isn't "the ex-head of the KGB". I'd be interested to know what your source for that claim is, because it's certainly wrong.

Perhaps if you were a little more open about which sources of information you choose to access, you might be a little more accurate too.

You also claim that "Putin's power is absolute". That is also nonsense and demonstrates your total ignorance about internal Russian politics and the make up of the Duma. It's true that his power has increased only very recently but this is not because of his position (his Office), but as a result of his popularity with the Russian people and what they would do if Putin was deposed of from inside the structures of Russian politics.

So, what's your source for Putin is "the ex-head of the KGB"?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 11:16]

He was it seems a lieutenant colonel in the KGB. I think that its pretty well documented that it was a fairly senior ranking officer in the KGB. Its also fairly widely recognised that the KGB was skilled in propoganda techniques that Putin is endorsing today in his battle to make Russia look respectable.

There's many many articles in the Times about some of the tactics Russia is employing in putting out misleading information in the web / media.

And he still has the front to deny Russian military involvement in Ukraine. Most of the Baltic states now live in fear of Russia going back in there to protect Russian citizens that they basically left behind after occupying those countries for most of the 20th century.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:26 - Jun 23 with 5206 viewsbenno1uk

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:52 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

Yes and yes.

From the interview, he doesn't see himself as a dictator plus Crimea chose by election to join Russia and leave Ukraine, it wasn't taken by force. This, of course, differs greatly from what we were told. As I originally said, it's worth a watch to understand the Russian view on things.

ABB

He said it so it must be true

Any mention of Russia's involvement in shooting down passenger airliner MH17, or was that Theresa May's fault?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 13:35]
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 5189 viewslowhouseblue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:26 - Jun 23 by benno1uk

Any mention of Russia's involvement in shooting down passenger airliner MH17, or was that Theresa May's fault?

and I'm sure hitler used to have 'elections' before he marched into czechoslovakia etc

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:47 - Jun 23 with 5173 viewsartsbossbeard

You lot seem to be struggling with the concept of watching something and then forming your own view.

I've not said I agree with his views, I've expressed that it's a decent watch and interesting to get content that don't necessarily reflect what we're normally spoon fed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 5158 viewsbenno1uk

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:47 - Jun 23 by artsbossbeard

You lot seem to be struggling with the concept of watching something and then forming your own view.

I've not said I agree with his views, I've expressed that it's a decent watch and interesting to get content that don't necessarily reflect what we're normally spoon fed.

Totally good to get both sides of the argument - but please don't believe a word that Putin says.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 13:54]
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:56 - Jun 23 with 5153 viewslowhouseblue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:54 - Jun 23 by benno1uk

Totally good to get both sides of the argument - but please don't believe a word that Putin says.

or think that the 'election' (plebiscite) putin mentions in crimea wasn't covered extensively in the western press.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 14:33 - Jun 23 with 5132 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:11 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

It was given before the post you answered.

You really can be rather condescending, it's enough to stop anyone engaging with you.

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 12:14]

Yes, you're right. I answered your post on page 2 of this thread before I saw your post on page 1 - which was the last post on page one. I'm really sorry - it was an honest mistake. But if you think I was trying to milk an apology, fine.

It's enough for me... no, it's absolute DOLD DUST for me to hear you say " not sure why I wrote that". I certainly would not deflect from that by asking the same question again.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 14:37]

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 14:40 - Jun 23 with 5117 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 14:33 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

Yes, you're right. I answered your post on page 2 of this thread before I saw your post on page 1 - which was the last post on page one. I'm really sorry - it was an honest mistake. But if you think I was trying to milk an apology, fine.

It's enough for me... no, it's absolute DOLD DUST for me to hear you say " not sure why I wrote that". I certainly would not deflect from that by asking the same question again.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 14:37]

Well I very much doubt we will ever see you admit to getting something wrong or even admitting your posts are opinion rather than fact that everyone should agree with.

SB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:04 - Jun 23 with 5099 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:04 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

is lieutenant colonel high up in the kgb? or is it middle management? serious question, just picking your brain.

The problem with your question is that the KGB's activities are stereotyped in British culture. Putin was not an officer in the KGB per se, but an officer of another agency, the PGU, which fell under the umbrella of the KGB's responsibilities.

With regards to your question, I'm not hugely familiar with officer rankings in the British military, let alone the Russian military. That said, I understand Colonel, Brigadier, Major General, Lieutenant General and General are all higher ranks than Lieutenant Colonel. Putin certainly wasn't head of the KGB or anything close to such a position.

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:09 - Jun 23 with 5089 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Ukraine is best positioned to provide evidence of Russia's involvement in the shoot down of MH17. ATC information from the day would be a start. Unfortunately, that is unavailable.

#Inconvenient
#GuiltyAnyway

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:11 - Jun 23 with 5087 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:06 - Jun 23 by nodge_blue

are you part of the Russian effort to plant pro-russian propoganda subtly into our consciousness?

Shame he represses true democracy with authoritarian oppression.

and I'm the conspiracy theorist?

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:14 - Jun 23 with 5085 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 14:40 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Well I very much doubt we will ever see you admit to getting something wrong or even admitting your posts are opinion rather than fact that everyone should agree with.

SB

I admit that I read your first post on page 2 of this thread before your last post on page 1.

#GraveError
#RepentantAllTheSame
#DrownTheWitch
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:16]

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:16 - Jun 23 with 5076 viewslowhouseblue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:04 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

The problem with your question is that the KGB's activities are stereotyped in British culture. Putin was not an officer in the KGB per se, but an officer of another agency, the PGU, which fell under the umbrella of the KGB's responsibilities.

With regards to your question, I'm not hugely familiar with officer rankings in the British military, let alone the Russian military. That said, I understand Colonel, Brigadier, Major General, Lieutenant General and General are all higher ranks than Lieutenant Colonel. Putin certainly wasn't head of the KGB or anything close to such a position.

thank you. i think he counts as upper middle management. so he's done well for himself hasn't he.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:19 - Jun 23 with 5064 viewsBorisOrTrevor

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:54 - Jun 23 by benno1uk

Erm why not? Bit difficult to lie about everything is it not?

For goodness sake you lot are all brainwashed, it is like extracting teeth to get people to question the mainstream narrative. When you awaken from your slumber try watching the news, Sky, BBC Etc etc with anything other than incredulity.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:20]

BOT

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:20 - Jun 23 with 5062 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 14:40 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

SB

On the basis of this thread alone, I'd say the score to date in the

Factually Incorrect Nonsense Challenge Cup

CIL 0:1 Stokie

But, it's still early, you could make it 2:0 to you.

Please answer the question:

"As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told."

OK, let's have the evidence for that statement - based on the current Duma, please.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024