Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic 07:41 - Jun 22 with 15668 viewsartsbossbeard

Well worth a watch, comrades.

Comes over as bright and intelligent, plus also it was Interesting to understand his views on ISIS,Crimea and The Ukraine.

Good job the Orange One has a decent team behind him, you get the impression Putin doesn't need one.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:22 - Jun 23 with 2747 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:16 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

thank you. i think he counts as upper middle management. so he's done well for himself hasn't he.

Yep, in some bizarre parallel universe that will make him ex-head of the KGB, right?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:23 - Jun 23 with 2742 viewslowhouseblue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:22 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

Yep, in some bizarre parallel universe that will make him ex-head of the KGB, right?

surely he's moved above such things?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:25 - Jun 23 with 2736 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:43 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Fair point on head of KGB, not sure why I wrote that. He was fairly high though.

As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told.

Popularity with the Russian people? That should most certainly read "some of the Russian people". I am sure you know many who are very unhappy with him.

To be honest, it's pointless discussing this with you as you are not open to anything either, all western stuff is horrible nonsense as far as you are concerned.

SB

I know why, because Obama lied when he said:

""This is somebody, the former head of the KGB, who is responsible for crushing democracy in Russia, muzzling the press, throwing political dissidents in jail, countering American efforts to expand freedom at every turn, and is currently making decisions that's leading to a slaughter in Syria."

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/16/barack-obama-warns-america-will-take-

I can only guess at why you believed Obama's nonsense claim . Perhaps it was because you
a) are conditioned into believing the POTUS
b are conditioned into believing anything negative about Russia or Putin
c) had no reason to doubt the article from the Telegraph, because you would suppose that the journalist reporting Obama's claim would do the obvious fact checking first and expose it for the nonsense that it is (as I have done)
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:59]

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:26 - Jun 23 with 2733 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:20 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

On the basis of this thread alone, I'd say the score to date in the

Factually Incorrect Nonsense Challenge Cup

CIL 0:1 Stokie

But, it's still early, you could make it 2:0 to you.

Please answer the question:

"As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told."

OK, let's have the evidence for that statement - based on the current Duma, please.

Why the current duma? Shouldn't it be passed on the duma over all the years of his dictatorship? You're cherry-picking.

I'm not going to play your games so just chalk up 2:0 now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:51 - Jun 23 with 2719 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:26 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Why the current duma? Shouldn't it be passed on the duma over all the years of his dictatorship? You're cherry-picking.

I'm not going to play your games so just chalk up 2:0 now.

SB

Not cherry-picking at all. Just using common sense in order for you to justify your claim that "Putin's power is absolute".

I said that such a claim "demonstrates your total ignorance about internal Russian politics and the make up of the Duma".

You countered with "As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told. "
- which is only a valid response to your claim about Putin's absolute power if it's true of today's Duma.

So, where's your evidence that the Duma has done exactly what it is told by Putin?

Or is that another fallacy perpetuated by Omaba and parroted by you?

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:57 - Jun 23 with 2713 viewsBorisOrTrevor

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:25 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

I know why, because Obama lied when he said:

""This is somebody, the former head of the KGB, who is responsible for crushing democracy in Russia, muzzling the press, throwing political dissidents in jail, countering American efforts to expand freedom at every turn, and is currently making decisions that's leading to a slaughter in Syria."

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/16/barack-obama-warns-america-will-take-

I can only guess at why you believed Obama's nonsense claim . Perhaps it was because you
a) are conditioned into believing the POTUS
b are conditioned into believing anything negative about Russia or Putin
c) had no reason to doubt the article from the Telegraph, because you would suppose that the journalist reporting Obama's claim would do the obvious fact checking first and expose it for the nonsense that it is (as I have done)
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:59]

Obama lied about lots. Yet because he is black and eats hamburgers and spouts long dewy eyed rhetoric so brilliantly (and not followed up on in any meaningful way) he manages to get a Nobel Peace Prize - for literally doing nothing.

BOT

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 16:02 - Jun 23 with 2709 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:57 - Jun 23 by BorisOrTrevor

Obama lied about lots. Yet because he is black and eats hamburgers and spouts long dewy eyed rhetoric so brilliantly (and not followed up on in any meaningful way) he manages to get a Nobel Peace Prize - for literally doing nothing.

I'm pretty sure a white Obama with the same foreign policy and the same passion for hamburgers would get away with just as much and be believed by as least as many.

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 16:52 - Jun 23 with 2689 viewsbenno1uk

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:19 - Jun 23 by BorisOrTrevor

Erm why not? Bit difficult to lie about everything is it not?

For goodness sake you lot are all brainwashed, it is like extracting teeth to get people to question the mainstream narrative. When you awaken from your slumber try watching the news, Sky, BBC Etc etc with anything other than incredulity.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:20]

'You lot'? Bit arrogant of you to suggest everyone but you is brainwashed.

Not sure what your point is - but please don't have the arrogance to suggest people cannot make up their own minds on things they see or hear.
Login to get fewer ads

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:12 - Jun 23 with 2681 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 16:52 - Jun 23 by benno1uk

'You lot'? Bit arrogant of you to suggest everyone but you is brainwashed.

Not sure what your point is - but please don't have the arrogance to suggest people cannot make up their own minds on things they see or hear.

I don't think BoT is suggesting "people cannot make up their own minds on things they see or hear" as you say.

He appears to be correctly pointing out (based on evidence in this very thread) that people don't want to see and hear stuff that might require them to rethink their already made up minds.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 17:19]

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:17 - Jun 23 with 2671 viewsbenno1uk

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:12 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

I don't think BoT is suggesting "people cannot make up their own minds on things they see or hear" as you say.

He appears to be correctly pointing out (based on evidence in this very thread) that people don't want to see and hear stuff that might require them to rethink their already made up minds.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 17:19]

Again it's arrogant to assume that people don't think before forming opinions.

This board seems to have become over-loaded with left-leaning people who are absolutely 100% convinced that they are right and know everything and gang up if their views are questioned. They seem to be the ones whose minds are already made up.
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:21 - Jun 23 with 2663 viewsTJS

I actually thought Putin was exactly what Russia needed for a long time. However I really think it's time he went now though as it's starting to look like he has got the job for life.
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:22 - Jun 23 with 2656 viewsGeoffSentence

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 12:06 - Jun 23 by nodge_blue

are you part of the Russian effort to plant pro-russian propoganda subtly into our consciousness?

Shame he represses true democracy with authoritarian oppression.

The idea that the russians would try to influence western opinion by means of the forum of an obscure 2nd tier English football team is amusing, yet strangely flattering.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:26 - Jun 23 with 2649 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:22 - Jun 23 by GeoffSentence

The idea that the russians would try to influence western opinion by means of the forum of an obscure 2nd tier English football team is amusing, yet strangely flattering.

First the US elections now twtd.

Russia, if you're watching, I said kind words, look at stokie. Send him to Siberia.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:51 - Jun 23 with 2624 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:17 - Jun 23 by benno1uk

Again it's arrogant to assume that people don't think before forming opinions.

This board seems to have become over-loaded with left-leaning people who are absolutely 100% convinced that they are right and know everything and gang up if their views are questioned. They seem to be the ones whose minds are already made up.

I don't anyone is assuming that people don't think before forming opinions.

Again, I think BoT is pointing out that some people don't want to see and hear stuff that might require them to rethink their already made up minds.

It's much easier to not see and hear something that might give rise to cognitive dissonance than to have to deal with it. I've been there myself.

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:55 - Jun 23 with 2621 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 17:21 - Jun 23 by TJS

I actually thought Putin was exactly what Russia needed for a long time. However I really think it's time he went now though as it's starting to look like he has got the job for life.

If you were Russian, would you feel the same way and if so, why would you feel that he is no longer what Russia needs?

#toxic

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 18:08 - Jun 23 with 2613 viewsnodge_blue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 15:11 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

and I'm the conspiracy theorist?

I did write that tongue in cheek, bearing in mind he's posted on here extensively.

But I did trawl back through some of the Times columns. This is from earlier this year. And it kinda reminded me of it when i read his post:

n February 2013, General Valery Gerasimov, chief of the Russian general staff, wrote an article for the Military-Industrial Courier (yes, really) in which he outlined the development of Russia’s new doctrine of non-linear or hybrid war. “The role of non-military means of achieving political and strategic goals has grown,” he wrote, “and, in many cases, they have exceeded the power of force of weapons in their effectiveness.”

As an example of this, in Sweden last year stories began emerging, initially from social media but then in the traditional press too, that a new partnership with Nato would, among other things, allow the alliance to stockpile nuclear weapons in Sweden and permit Nato to launch an attack on Russia from Sweden without seeking the authorisation of the Swedish government. None of this was true but all of it was designed to cause confusion and undermine the idea of greater Swedish co-operation with Nato.

Meanwhile, Moscow-backed outfits such as Sputnik, a news agency that now has a bureau in Edinburgh, and the Russia Today news channel disseminate a sophisticated cocktail of real news, half-truths and outright fabrications. Russian propaganda does not so much seek to advance Russia’s views as undermine the idea that any news can be taken at face value.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 18:35 - Jun 23 with 2594 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 18:08 - Jun 23 by nodge_blue

I did write that tongue in cheek, bearing in mind he's posted on here extensively.

But I did trawl back through some of the Times columns. This is from earlier this year. And it kinda reminded me of it when i read his post:

n February 2013, General Valery Gerasimov, chief of the Russian general staff, wrote an article for the Military-Industrial Courier (yes, really) in which he outlined the development of Russia’s new doctrine of non-linear or hybrid war. “The role of non-military means of achieving political and strategic goals has grown,” he wrote, “and, in many cases, they have exceeded the power of force of weapons in their effectiveness.”

As an example of this, in Sweden last year stories began emerging, initially from social media but then in the traditional press too, that a new partnership with Nato would, among other things, allow the alliance to stockpile nuclear weapons in Sweden and permit Nato to launch an attack on Russia from Sweden without seeking the authorisation of the Swedish government. None of this was true but all of it was designed to cause confusion and undermine the idea of greater Swedish co-operation with Nato.

Meanwhile, Moscow-backed outfits such as Sputnik, a news agency that now has a bureau in Edinburgh, and the Russia Today news channel disseminate a sophisticated cocktail of real news, half-truths and outright fabrications. Russian propaganda does not so much seek to advance Russia’s views as undermine the idea that any news can be taken at face value.

I for one am grateful that both sides are involved in a largely informational war, whether that information is fake or not. The alternatives are much uglier.

The tin-hat wearers are those that believe that weaponised information is used by only one side.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024