Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic 07:41 - Jun 22 with 15693 viewsartsbossbeard

Well worth a watch, comrades.

Comes over as bright and intelligent, plus also it was Interesting to understand his views on ISIS,Crimea and The Ukraine.

Good job the Orange One has a decent team behind him, you get the impression Putin doesn't need one.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 13:59 - Jun 22 with 7527 viewsNewcyBlue

Just started it. Thanks for the recommendation, really quite enjoying it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 19:39 - Jun 22 with 7462 viewsmeekreech

That man is the largest threat to world peace more so than any Islamic group! His blatant aggression against independent countries around Russia and support for countries such as Syria are not the way to help with the reduction of tension in the world. Trump would be kept in some form of check by the military and the political need for approval but Putin is the de facto sole authority and can therefore take any action on anything he wishes with no checks or controls.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 19:56 - Jun 22 with 7443 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Of course he's bright but running a dictatorship and killing your political opponents aren't traits to be admired
The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 20:01 - Jun 22 with 7436 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 19:39 - Jun 22 by meekreech

That man is the largest threat to world peace more so than any Islamic group! His blatant aggression against independent countries around Russia and support for countries such as Syria are not the way to help with the reduction of tension in the world. Trump would be kept in some form of check by the military and the political need for approval but Putin is the de facto sole authority and can therefore take any action on anything he wishes with no checks or controls.

Yeah, but he's sexier than Trump. Phwoar

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:43 - Jun 22 with 7394 viewsLord_Lucan

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 19:39 - Jun 22 by meekreech

You only know what you are told.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:52 - Jun 22 with 7380 viewsStokieBlue

Of course he's intelligent.

He's also the ex-head of the KGB with all kinds of horrors in his past and goes about crushing democracy and rivals within his country at every opportunity.

It's OK though, he can do a nice interview so he must be OK.

Incredibly really that you praise the dictator whilst finding time to insult a rubbish but democratically elected leader.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 21:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:53 - Jun 22 with 7377 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:43 - Jun 22 by Lord_Lucan

You only know what you are told.

He's right though, Putin's power is absolute.

SB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:56 - Jun 22 with 7369 viewsMullet

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 21:52 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

He's also the ex-head of the KGB with all kinds of horrors in his past and goes about crushing democracy and rivals within his country at every opportunity.

Incredibly really that you praise the dictator whilst finding time to insult a rubbish but democratically elected leader.

SB

Not sure his praise is that different to anyone else's in that respect. Putin is clearly a very astute predatory piece of work. You'd have to be, to be him.

The fact that anyone can look at Russia generally speaking, and see it favourably is baffling though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:24 - Jun 22 with 7318 viewsartsbossbeard

SB

I praised him for his undoubted brightness and intelligence and invited people to view the interview to get his side on important matters such as Crimea and Ukraine.

I've not said I've agreed with his views but it's always interesting to get a non western view on matters. Watch it , is a decent view.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 7308 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:24 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

I praised him for his undoubted brightness and intelligence and invited people to view the interview to get his side on important matters such as Crimea and Ukraine.

I've not said I've agreed with his views but it's always interesting to get a non western view on matters. Watch it , is a decent view.

So why the dig at the democratically elected leader whilst praising the intelligence of the dictator?

I've seen plenty of Putin, all very well to come across well in an interview, his deeds far outweigh any non-western view.

SB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:29 - Jun 22 with 7302 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:26 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

So why the dig at the democratically elected leader whilst praising the intelligence of the dictator?

I've seen plenty of Putin, all very well to come across well in an interview, his deeds far outweigh any non-western view.

SB

Just watch it.

ABB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:33 - Jun 22 with 7282 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:29 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

Just watch it.

ABB

I don't wish to give any credence to someone with his horrible past, present and no doubt future no matter how intelligent they are.

I'm sure he comes over very well.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 22:36]

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:38 - Jun 22 with 7258 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:33 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

I don't wish to give any credence to someone with his horrible past, present and no doubt future no matter how intelligent they are.

SB

I'm all for getting my news from a rich vein of media outlets and not restrict myself to a blinkered, western friendly source.

Play on though.

ABB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 7245 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:38 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

I'm all for getting my news from a rich vein of media outlets and not restrict myself to a blinkered, western friendly source.

Play on though.

ABB

Good for you, lovely dig.

You're also all for praising the intelligence and interesting viewpoints of a brutal dictator.

Do you know anything about his history? Have you been to Russia? Have you watched Russian news channels where everything is suppressed or where if his opponents speak out they are suddenly in jail or worse?

The reviews of the interviews say that Stone doesn't press him on anything controversial.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 22:48]

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:52 - Jun 22 with 7222 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:42 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

You're also all for praising the intelligence and interesting viewpoints of a brutal dictator.

Do you know anything about his history? Have you been to Russia? Have you watched Russian news channels where everything is suppressed or where if his opponents speak out they are suddenly in jail or worse?

The reviews of the interviews say that Stone doesn't press him on anything controversial.

SB

Yes and yes.

From the interview, he doesn't see himself as a dictator plus Crimea chose by election to join Russia and leave Ukraine, it wasn't taken by force. This, of course, differs greatly from what we were told. As I originally said, it's worth a watch to understand the Russian view on things.

ABB

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:56 - Jun 22 with 7209 viewsMullet

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:52 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

Yes and yes.

From the interview, he doesn't see himself as a dictator plus Crimea chose by election to join Russia and leave Ukraine, it wasn't taken by force. This, of course, differs greatly from what we were told. As I originally said, it's worth a watch to understand the Russian view on things.

ABB

An election with tanks already rolling in and widespread fraud though.

Even North Korea holds elections.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:56 - Jun 22 with 7209 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:42 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

SB

If you forget about homosexuality, Stalin, ISIS, Crimea, Ukraine and national debt then yes, he wasn't pressed..

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:59 - Jun 22 with 7202 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:56 - Jun 22 by Mullet

An election with tanks already rolling in and widespread fraud though.

Even North Korea holds elections.

But you're not interested in a view from the perpetrator? I certainly am and I find it weird that others don't.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 23:05 - Jun 22 with 7183 viewsMullet

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:59 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

But you're not interested in a view from the perpetrator? I certainly am and I find it weird that others don't.

Sure, but also from the people whose loved one shave died at the hands of his goons, disappeared to Siberia, been tortured or forced to flee etc.

I've got no problem with your POV. I just find the veneration of tyrants like Putin a difficult concept to grasp.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 23:05 - Jun 22 with 7183 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:52 - Jun 22 by artsbossbeard

Yes and yes.

ABB

I already understand the Russian view on things. You're asking me to understand the state view on things.

It's totally irrelevant whether he seems himself as a dictator. By any definition he is clearly one. I doubt any dictators see themselves as dictators, more benevolent leaders.

I just don't think he should be praised on anything, he should be called out.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 23:07]

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 23:14 - Jun 22 with 7157 viewsartsbossbeard

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 23:05 - Jun 22 by Mullet

Sure, but also from the people whose loved one shave died at the hands of his goons, disappeared to Siberia, been tortured or forced to flee etc.

I've got no problem with your POV. I just find the veneration of tyrants like Putin a difficult concept to grasp.

I've no doubt whatsoever that he's done some bad sh1t but I was intrigued to get his own take on matters plus I was interested in how Oliver Stone would handle him. It is a decent watch.

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:15 - Jun 23 with 7020 viewscaught-in-limbo

SB

You appear to be quite ignorant about Putin. He certainly isn't "the ex-head of the KGB". I'd be interested to know what your source for that claim is, because it's certainly wrong.

Perhaps if you were a little more open about which sources of information you choose to access, you might be a little more accurate too.

You also claim that "Putin's power is absolute". That is also nonsense and demonstrates your total ignorance about internal Russian politics and the make up of the Duma. It's true that his power has increased only very recently but this is not because of his position (his Office), but as a result of his popularity with the Russian people and what they would do if Putin was deposed of from inside the structures of Russian politics.

So, what's your source for Putin is "the ex-head of the KGB"?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 11:16]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:29 - Jun 23 with 6987 viewschicoazul

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 22:33 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

SB

You watching someone on TV doesnt give them any "credence" so I wouldnt worry about it. Open your mind a bit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:30 - Jun 23 with 6984 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:29 - Jun 23 by chicoazul

You watching someone on TV doesnt give them any "credence" so I wouldnt worry about it. Open your mind a bit.

Stokie's avatar is steeped in irony.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:43 - Jun 23 with 6961 viewsStokieBlue

The Putin Interviews on Sky Atlantic on 11:15 - Jun 23 by caught-in-limbo

You appear to be quite ignorant about Putin. He certainly isn't "the ex-head of the KGB". I'd be interested to know what your source for that claim is, because it's certainly wrong.

Perhaps if you were a little more open about which sources of information you choose to access, you might be a little more accurate too.

You also claim that "Putin's power is absolute". That is also nonsense and demonstrates your total ignorance about internal Russian politics and the make up of the Duma. It's true that his power has increased only very recently but this is not because of his position (his Office), but as a result of his popularity with the Russian people and what they would do if Putin was deposed of from inside the structures of Russian politics.

So, what's your source for Putin is "the ex-head of the KGB"?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 11:16]

Fair point on head of KGB, not sure why I wrote that. He was fairly high though.

As for the Duma, they do basically exactly what they are told.

Popularity with the Russian people? That should most certainly read "some of the Russian people". I am sure you know many who are very unhappy with him.

To be honest, it's pointless discussing this with you as you are not open to anything either, all western stuff is horrible nonsense as far as you are concerned.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024