Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Mariner Interview 09:12 - Jun 22 with 4664 viewsPhilTWTD

Just had this emailed to me:

https://dictatethegame.com/2017/06/21/interview-with-former-ipswich-and-england-
Paul Mariner Interview on 09:19 - Jun 22 with 4618 viewshype313

Not the most thorough of answers!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 9:26]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:01 - Jun 22 with 4558 viewsDeano69

Paul Mariner Interview on 09:19 - Jun 22 by hype313

I could have probably written that myself...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:10 - Jun 22 with 4536 viewshype313

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:01 - Jun 22 by Deano69

I could have probably written that myself...

Makes me wonder if someone actually interviewed him!

With that standard of questioning.... on 10:13 - Jun 22 with 4521 viewsBloots

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:10 - Jun 22 by hype313

Makes me wonder if someone actually interviewed him!

....it must have been Brenner Wooley.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:16 - Jun 22 with 4504 viewsfooters

Paul Mariner Interview on 09:19 - Jun 22 by hype313

Not the most imaginative of questions, in fairness. Must be hard answering the same old, same old, over and over...

"What's it like playing for England?"
"Pretty good."

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:37 - Jun 22 with 4458 viewsDeano69

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:16 - Jun 22 by footers

Not the most imaginative of questions, in fairness. Must be hard answering the same old, same old, over and over...

"Pretty good."

Big Club, Great Facilities, Sir Bobby Robson, tick, tick, tick

Paul Mariner Interview on 14:26 - Jun 22 with 4294 viewsBrownyFM

Paul Mariner Interview on 10:16 - Jun 22 by footers

"Pretty good."

I have just stumbled across this and I'm quite disappointed with your reaction to the interview. The lad who wrote the article and asked Paul the questions is still in College, he tries his best to make writing his hobby and I for one am delighted that he has secured such an interview with someone that I'd say is very close to the hearts of Ipswich's fans.

I am sorry the questions are not up to your standard or you think this is fake, I have plenty of proof that this is real if you'd like that.

We did post online for question ideas so fans could get involved, so not all questions were done by the writer. I appreciate your comments, however disappointed in your reaction to the interview on a whole.
Paul Mariner Interview on 14:37 - Jun 22 with 4264 viewsDeano69

Paul Mariner Interview on 14:26 - Jun 22 by BrownyFM

I have just stumbled across this and I'm quite disappointed with your reaction to the interview. The lad who wrote the article and asked Paul the questions is still in College, he tries his best to make writing his hobby and I for one am delighted that he has secured such an interview with someone that I'd say is very close to the hearts of Ipswich's fans.

I am sorry the questions are not up to your standard or you think this is fake, I have plenty of proof that this is real if you'd like that.

We did post online for question ideas so fans could get involved, so not all questions were done by the writer. I appreciate your comments, however disappointed in your reaction to the interview on a whole.

Sorry to have been negative, it wasn't intended to knock someone starting out. That's the problem with modern day journalism, high expectations from readers about the quality of the content, regardless of age or experience.

Please let him know that a few negative comments from old duffers like me shouldn't be a reason not to persist. Had I known the background to this I wouldn't have posted.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Mariner Interview on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 4249 viewsfooters

Paul Mariner Interview on 14:26 - Jun 22 by BrownyFM

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. No idea the lad was that age, but as I write for a living, I'm quite snobby! If he wants any pointers, send me any contact details via PM and would be happy to have a chat and help where I can.

Like you rightly say, it's impressive to have secured such an interview with an ITFC legend!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Mariner Interview on 15:00 - Jun 22 with 4220 viewsBrownyFM

Paul Mariner Interview on 14:42 - Jun 22 by footers

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. No idea the lad was that age, but as I write for a living, I'm quite snobby! If he wants any pointers, send me any contact details via PM and would be happy to have a chat and help where I can.

Like you rightly say, it's impressive to have secured such an interview with an ITFC legend!

I completely agree that the standard should be set extremely high, and that's what we are trying to do. The aim is to improve, we can't go from a group of students who do this in our spare time to making this a full time job over night, it takes progression.

I appreciate your comments, and I'm glad you are understanding.

The thing is with the website, we set it up roughly about 9 months ago and we do this all ourselves, no help. Just 5 writers ageing from 16-20, we started out doing it for fun, but seen we have a genuine interest in writing and want to take it to the next step. None of us have any experience prior to this website.
Paul Mariner Interview on 15:12 - Jun 22 with 4191 viewshype313

Paul Mariner Interview on 15:00 - Jun 22 by BrownyFM

I completely agree that the standard should be set extremely high, and that's what we are trying to do. The aim is to improve, we can't go from a group of students who do this in our spare time to making this a full time job over night, it takes progression.

The thing is with the website, we set it up roughly about 9 months ago and we do this all ourselves, no help. Just 5 writers ageing from 16-20, we started out doing it for fun, but seen we have a genuine interest in writing and want to take it to the next step. None of us have any experience prior to this website.

I can only apologise for my initial comment, but it wasn't aimed at the journalist asking the questions, it was more about Mariner's answers!

Paul Mariner Interview on 15:14 - Jun 22 with 4192 viewsBrownyFM

Paul Mariner Interview on 15:12 - Jun 22 by hype313

I can only apologise for my initial comment, but it wasn't aimed at the journalist asking the questions, it was more about Mariner's answers!

We were chasing Paul for quite some time trying to get answers, it took a while but he did eventually answer. I understand he's busy, and definitely has a lot less free time then I do.

I am just pleased someone of his calibre was willing to spare some time to us.
Paul Mariner Interview on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 4004 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Danny Kelly did a 'My Sporting Life' interview with Mariner fairly recently on Talksport. It was very informative especially re his time at Ipswich. Probably still available on their website. Well worth a listen for any Town fans of a certain age.
Paul Mariner Interview on 22:56 - Jun 22 with 3918 viewsJimmyJazz

Paul Mariner Interview on 15:00 - Jun 22 by BrownyFM

i would have asked him why he moved to Arsenal. And does he regret it

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024