Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market 09:48 - Jun 22 with 6137 viewsSteve_M

as a bulwark against Corbyn and McDonnell? The dreams of reducing regulation are gone after Grenfell so it's just the social contract parts of the EU they can get rid of now, all at political cost to them and the party.

http://www.politico.eu/article/battered-and-bruised-theresa-may-limps-into-enemy

A month ago the idea that Corbyn could make the Labour the largest party in Parliament was ridiculous, such is the weakness of the Tories that it isn't anymore. The Single Market rules do a good job of protecting the country from ultra-free market proponents on one side and McDonnell's Stalinist style planned-nostalgia on the other.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 20:22 - Jun 22 with 1047 viewsSwansea_Blue

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 20:08 - Jun 22 by vilanovablue

By hopefully adopting a sensible centrist approach, it's a pipe dream but I'm struggling to pick a way forward presently.

Easy. Blair rises from the ashes and establishes a red tory, with yellow and green highlights, utopia.

Or the expand all parliamentary cttees/groups and give them extra powers, but that'll never happen because it would be seen as being a weakness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 20:27 - Jun 22 with 1045 viewsNo9

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 20:08 - Jun 22 by vilanovablue

By hopefully adopting a sensible centrist approach, it's a pipe dream but I'm struggling to pick a way forward presently.

The real difficulty now is finding the centre.
The tories have moved so far to the right, from where they wre a few decades ago they would find it difficult to move to the cnetre although a few may.

Labour is still not a left wing party no matter how much some people would want you to think it is
At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 22:48 - Jun 22 with 1022 viewsvilanovablue

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 20:27 - Jun 22 by No9

The real difficulty now is finding the centre.
The tories have moved so far to the right, from where they wre a few decades ago they would find it difficult to move to the cnetre although a few may.

Labour is still not a left wing party no matter how much some people would want you to think it is

I wouldn't disagree but there is still a strong core of one nation Tories and I firmly believe compromises could be drawn, or at least I'd hope so. Now is not the time for right or wrong but pragmatism. If we don't take the opportunity we never will. In all honesty I think there will be another election this year which will give labour a few more seats but still leave using a similar situation.
At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 10:09 - Jun 23 with 990 viewsNo9

At which point do the Tory right realise the importance of the Single Market on 22:48 - Jun 22 by vilanovablue

I wouldn't disagree but there is still a strong core of one nation Tories and I firmly believe compromises could be drawn, or at least I'd hope so. Now is not the time for right or wrong but pragmatism. If we don't take the opportunity we never will. In all honesty I think there will be another election this year which will give labour a few more seats but still leave using a similar situation.

It is difficult to work out how many centreist there are in the tory party because it drifted off to the right under Cameron and attracted a lot more RW people to become MP's.
It says a lot for how far right some constituancies are when you see some of those who get voted in.
This is a serious matter not only for the tories to deal with when it comes to the EU. The tory 'gad Heseltine said recently that until the tory party lance the boil that is the EI it will never be able to govern properly due to the internal strife pulling the party apart. That internal strife whih MRs mau tried to disguise after she became unelected leader has more recently been exposed and now looks like turing septic.
The media, by not potraying the whole picture do not help, this mornings news on Mrs May's statement about EU nationals living here is a good example simply because what she has said is enshrived in the Community legislation and was made apparent by the EU offering it mor than 6 months ago.
So we have two frons to fight on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024