Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... 14:40 - Jun 22 with 15282 viewsSwailsey

Would people be happy?

*subject to personal preference/formation etc.

Bart
Spence | Webster | Chambers | Kenlock/Knudsen
Ward | Huws (wishful) | Rowe
Celina
McGoldrick | Garner

On paper, that's a fairly reasonable team isn't it?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 14:40]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:36 - Jun 22 with 5403 viewsconnorscontract

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:42 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

I do think Mick will stick with 3-5-2 (5-3-2) next season, but I think Knudsen may well be used as one of the centre backs, with Kenlock keeping the LB position his own.

Bart
Spence Webster Chambers Smith Kenlock
Ward Skuse (New CM)
McGoldrick
Garner

I imagine lining up something like that, obviously similar to yourselves. The only exception is that I don't think we'll get Huws back.

I think Knudsen looked very good as the LCB in a back 3/5. I think I'd have him ahead of Smith. He's quicker, for one thing.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:47 - Jun 22 with 5391 viewsGuthrum

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:04 - Jun 22 by TIB

No Celina? Can't imagine he would have come here without reassurance of first team football? That said, I've yet to establish if the lad plays centrally or out wide!?!

I'd just put Celina in the "New CM" slot of Mick_Knows' lineup.

Think he's primarily out wide, but can cut in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:50 - Jun 22 with 5391 viewschristiand

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:59 - Jun 22 by IpswichTownNL

I happely take this:

-------------------------Gerken----------------------
Spence-----Chambers-----Smith------Kenlock
-------------------------Webster---------------------
Ward--------------------Huws---------------Celina
----------McGoldrick------------Garner-----------

Obv want Bart to stay but since our transfer budget is Bart's Fee minus 1 million that's not happening.

Hopefully Bart will stay, but like the look of that XI. Nevertheless, MM loves his favourites and there is no way that he won't start Skuse. I was thinking how he was going to accommodate Chambers, Webster and Smith - this could be one option. 5-3-2 could be another? We're crying out for a creative midfielder that is a must for me an Izzy Brown type or Tom Cairney (from Fulham).

I'm also intrigued how our style of play will differ, if at all? This is the main reason for the drop in support. One thing that MM has shown me, is he may play different formations but he doesn't know how to get the best from them, he's too loyal to drop certain players even if that would improve the team's style of play.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Didz is injured. (n/t) on 20:02 - Jun 22 with 5381 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 20:14 - Jun 22 with 5367 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:36 - Jun 22 by connorscontract

I think Knudsen looked very good as the LCB in a back 3/5. I think I'd have him ahead of Smith. He's quicker, for one thing.

Agreed. He was surprisingly good in the out and out CB part of that role and, as you'd expect, covered well for the lwb. Much better than Smith in a back 3 imo (and more cultured).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 07:44 - Jun 23 with 5319 viewsExiled_Blue

Bart

Spence, Chambers, Webster, Knudsen

Ward, Skuse, (New CM)

Sears, Garner, Celina

Hard working, energetic front three to lead the press high up the pitch, Ward and new CM can support this while Skuse covers.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:20 - Jun 23 with 5304 viewsitfcjoe

I'd go with the Chelsea 3421 formation that has been so hard to play against

-------------------------Bart------------------------
---------Chambers--Webster--Smith---------
Ward---------Skuse----Huws----------Kenlock
------McGoldrick-------------Celina--------------
-----------------------Garner-----------------------

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:22 - Jun 23 with 5301 viewsm14_blue

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:13 - Jun 22 by Bluefish

If you are looking at the values of those players on paper then of course we could never look to be at the top of the table. We are mid table at best on resources that is just how football is.

Yep. My post wasn't having a pop at the players or management here, it's just frustrating that for whatever reason we now seem unable to compete even in the second tier.
Login to get fewer ads

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 5297 viewsMorls

------------------------Bart-----------------
---------Chambers--smith--knudsen---
-Spence-----------Webster------------Kenlock-
----------------------Huws--------------------------
--------Celina---------------------Ward-----------
----------------------Garner-------------------------

The formation relies on Celina and Ward pressing high up the pitch and not getting sucked back into midfield, Mcgoldrick isn't included because lets face it, he will be injured anyway, I've gone for Webster in the hole because I feel he has all the attributes and skill to be truly world class in that position. Twice the player Skuse is....
But the obvious glaring flaw in my team is Huws, he gives that link between midfield and attack and I believe would form an excellent partnership with Webster in midfield.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 5288 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:59 - Jun 22 by IpswichTownNL

I happely take this:

Obv want Bart to stay but since our transfer budget is Bart's Fee minus 1 million that's not happening.

Spot on. We're spending a tiny bit of money on fees as ME knows he's going to recoup that on Bart's fee. At the end of the day we will still have MM in charge who may expand the way we play until a couple of defeats then he'll be back to his usual set up and blaming every fooker bar himself.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 09:33 - Jun 23 with 5251 viewsrickw

With Garner and possibly Tunnicliffe I wonder if we are going to go back to the high pressing 433 we had success with a couple of years ago, so it would be something like this:
________________Bart

Spence__Chambers__Webster__Kenlock
________________Skuse
___________Ward____Tunnicliffe

___Garner_____McGoldrick___Celina

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:05 - Jun 23 with 5236 viewsSW6Tractor

I happely take this:

If we want to start playing the ball on the deck, we need to stop bypassing the midfield. This means having a ball-playing centre-half like Webster actually playing at centre-half.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:07 - Jun 23 with 5233 viewsSwailsey

Downvotes for posing a question?

How odd!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 5220 views_

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:20 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 5201 viewsIpswichTownNL

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:05 - Jun 23 by SW6Tractor

If we want to start playing the ball on the deck, we need to stop bypassing the midfield. This means having a ball-playing centre-half like Webster actually playing at centre-half.

I’d agree if we had another player for the position than Skuse. If we singed a forward thinking player that would actually show up near the opposition box more than once every 14 months I’d drop Smith for Webster. I can’t see that happening though. Also, If I look Webster’s best bits at Portsmouth I think he would just crush in the Skuse roll.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 11:47 - Jun 23 with 5178 viewscodiblue

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 19:12 - Jun 22 by Dubtractor

Don't get me wrong, it isn't all doom and gloom, but as things stand (with loads of transfer activity still likely) we are well short of what is required.

Bart

Emmanuel (don't rate Spence)
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock

Skuse
Huws (please)
Ward

McGoldrick
Garner
Sears

Bench = GK, Knudsen, Smith, Bishop, Rowe, Dozzell, CF

Surprised more on here don't give Sears a chance.
I'd give him the start. Up front. No wing nonsense. Think he could get 15-20 if persevered with up front.
So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 12:18 - Jun 23 with 5158 viewsitfcjoe

on 10:17 - Jun 23 by _

It sounds like it, he's due to report for pre season on Monday

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 12:22 - Jun 23 with 5151 viewsitfcjoe

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:41 - Jun 23 by IpswichTownNL

I’d agree if we had another player for the position than Skuse. If we singed a forward thinking player that would actually show up near the opposition box more than once every 14 months I’d drop Smith for Webster. I can’t see that happening though. Also, If I look Webster’s best bits at Portsmouth I think he would just crush in the Skuse roll.

I think he just lose so much from the back moving him there - defenders that can pass the ball through the lines and carry it are rare as hens teeth, and that coupled with the fact he can actually defend is massive.

I'm sure he would be a good player in midfield, but just feel that at the back he has the potential to be something really special. If he can cut some mistakes out of his game and stay fit, which you'd expect as adjusting to first year at this level, he'll be worth £10m by the end of the season

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 5126 viewsbontcho

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 11:47 - Jun 23 by codiblue

Bart

Emmanuel (don't rate Spence)
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock

Skuse
Huws (please)
Ward

McGoldrick
Garner
Sears

Bench = GK, Knudsen, Smith, Bishop, Rowe, Dozzell, CF

Surprised more on here don't give Sears a chance.
I'd give him the start. Up front. No wing nonsense. Think he could get 15-20 if persevered with up front.

With Sears he has to play centre forward but I fear with only 2 genuine wingers in the squad he'll get shoved out there again at points.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 13:33 - Jun 23 with 5102 viewsmonty_radio

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 10:07 - Jun 23 by Swailsey

Downvotes for posing a question?

How odd!

Re the downvoting: I made this point yesterday. I understand doing it to express disgust or if trolling is in view, but seems a bit kiddish to do it because, say, you prefer Kenlock at full back to Knudsen. Surely the board exists for debate, no?

On an unrelated point: there were frequent calls for youth and, in particular, Emmanuel last year. Now we have Spence, who, by common consent, is regarded as "adequate", no-one has included Emmanuel in their earlier selections on this thread. Is this a sign that the calls for him were just casting about rather than coming from any deep conviction?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 18:37]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 14:38 - Jun 23 with 5075 viewsdirtyboy

So many unknowns...

Pre-season tends to give us an idea of his thinking, then we have Bishop, Dozzell, Hyam, Rowe, Celina. I know some will wince at Hyam being included, but I think we miss someone like him, I don't give a toss about his passing, that's why Webster could be so massively important.

Bishop could well be back in contention, Dozzell could mature nicely and Rowe we know nothing really of what he can do. Then add in Celina, who I think is a McGoldrick replacement position wise, how do we line up?

Only McCarthy knows....
on 14:52 - Jun 23 with 5071 views_

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 12:18 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

It sounds like it, he's due to report for pre season on Monday

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:22 - Jun 23 with 5052 viewsITFC1983

I just want Moore...

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 18:38 - Jun 23 with 5024 viewsmonty_radio

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 15:22 - Jun 23 by ITFC1983

I just want Moore...

Less is Moore.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 09:03 - Jun 24 with 4991 viewstractorboy1978

So, if in theory our first 11 looked like this... on 08:20 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

Likelihood of Mick trying something so different and revolutionary? Nil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024