Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 01:44 - Jun 23 with 5335 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Betting days like Thursday don’t come around very often. 3 winners (9/1, 9/2 and 7/1) and an each way placer at 16/1 from just six selection meant it was another big profit day for me this week. My doubles and each way trebles paid handsomely too. I am now over £400 in profit and have bet around £190 (some of that is free bets though). I am absolutely chuffed with that. It is also nice that on the three days so far, of the NAPs and next best bets, 5 of the 6 have landed. Can we make it through the week from here keeping the £400 profit, or perhaps improve even more on that? I have a couple of multiples still to settle too. On to day four we go. I shall be watching from a pub with my mates before a night at Romford dogs.

2:30 — Albany Stakes (Group 3)
ALPHA CENTAURI (NAP) has been one of the standout two year olds this year and is a filly full of promise. She has been described by trainer Jessica Harrington as looking like a four year old colt rather than a two year old filly and she may just be too big and powerful for these here. She has looked special on both starts beating Actress on both occasions. Wesley Ward has two running here but the vibes appear that Fairyland is by far the better chance for him and Princess Peggy was struck by a cyclist during the week which subsequently knocked her over. Whilst she will be checked over by the vet before racing, who knows what psychological that could have on such an inexperienced and young filly. Clemmie looks the O’Brien first choice with Ryan Moore on board ahead of the aforementioned Actress. Natural and Black Sails have run well in weaker races but the form and the vibes surrounding the favourite suggests that she will be much shorter than the 9/4 available now.

3:05 - King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2)
Crystal Ocean was punted before the Dante into a shorter price for the Derby which he wasn’t entered in than the Dante which was at the end of the week. He never got entered into the Derby with Sir Michael Stoute left confused as to the surprise Derby gamble but he did run a good third in the Dante which gives him a fair chance in this. Permian won that race before disappointing over today’s trip in the Derby at Epsom. Will he struggle to last the trip again? Can he be trusted to stay at the front relentlessly galloping over this stiff 1m 4f? For me, he has to be opposed for that reason. Sir John Lavery’s return at Lingfield was very disappointing after he was at the top end of the market for the Derby and this is his next race. BEST SOLUTION ran a good race in the Derby and was excellent when winning his trial at Lingfield. He finished ahead of the slow starting GLENCADEM GLORY that day who himself ran on in the Derby but struggled down the hill before Tattenham Corner. He may prefer this stiff trip with the strong pace throughout rather than a quick injection like in the Derby. I think both of the front two in that Lingfield Trial are solid horses and at 9/1 and 25/1, both rate as solid bets with the latter an each way price too in a field full of question marks.

3:40 — Commonwealth Cup (Group 1)
This is arguably the race of the week. It is certainly the one I have most looked forward t most as the top four in the market clash in a highly anticipated matchup. Blue Point has been running at the highest level and is an underappreciated type. Godolphin have bought Harry Angel which suggests they fancy the latter to beat Blue Point but both have good chances. Harry Angel looked a superstar when winning the Sandy Lane whilst Bound For Knowhere comes over from America with Wesley Ward with a big reputation already. However, CARAVAGGIO looks an absolute monster. He is unbeaten and is said to be the quickest horse Ballydoyle have ever seen which is a statement even for them. He won the Coventry stylishly despite having to go all the way across the track to get to the pace. That run over track and trip was followed up with an easy win in the Group 1 Phoenix Stakes in which he went off at 1/7 to maintain his unbeaten run. He may be the best sprinter in a long time and is the selection here. This should be a brilliant horse race but surely it will be between the main four only with the rest completely outclassed.

4:20 — Coronation Stakes (Group 1)
WINTER will surely follow up his brilllaint 1000 Guineas doubl in the English and Irish classics with this Group 1. She is an unbackable price as a singl but it looks a one horse race as she is far too god for them. Dabyah won the Fred Darling and is probably the one for the forecast but she needs to step up markedly to beat the favourite. Precieuse is a classic winner herself when winning the French 1000 Guineas at 33/1 but this is tougher. Sometimes you can overanalyse a race when it isn’t eeded. Like in the Queen Anne Stakes on Tuesday, the favourite is quite simply just far better than the opposition. I won’t be betting her at 4/9 but she will surely win. I’ll throw her in some multis and already have her at 8/11 in some too but they are all but dead now. A race to watch and admire a very good filly.

5:00 — Queen’s Vase (Group 2)
Belgravia looks to be at the head of the market solely because of his trainer being Aiden O’Brien who has won this in three of the last four years. His last run was very disappointing however and he can be taken on here. This is generally a stamina sapping race so that bodes very well for DESERT SKYLINE who finished quickly at Epsom from the back. This step up in trip will help him to improve further and at 7/1, looks a solid bet. Time To Study won a handicap at Musselburgh over this trip and had to battle hard up the straight there which typifies a Mark Johnstone horse. This is a significant step up in trip for Secret Advisor but he has shown to have ability and will go close if his stamina lasts out.

5:35 — Duke Of Edinburgh Stakes (Handicap)
Mainstream is extremely consistent and came home strongly to finish 3rd off a fast pace on his reappearance. He looks like placing at the least again. Appeared won his reappearance over course and distance with this seemingly the target but the 10lb rise wouldn’t have been appreciated by connections even though the win was impressive that day. Wadigor is three from three but is in tougher company today whilst having to cope with an 8lb hike in the weights. SIXTIES GROOVE was unlucky on his only try over this trip but still ran on for 4th. His run at Epsom latest should have him spot on for this and 7/1 is more than fair. Lustrous Light and Master Carpenter would go close at their best but are not running to that level at the moment. Baydar could go well at a big price.

My bets:
2:30 — Alpha Centuari (NAP) @ 9/4
3:05 — Best Solution @ 9/1
- Glencadem Glory @ 25/1 each way
3:40 — Caravaggio @ 10/11
4:20 — Winter @ 8/15 (multiples only)
5:00 — Desert Skyline @ 7/1
5:35 — Sixties Groove @ 7/1

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 02:23 - Jun 23 with 5291 viewsSMS

Moore to win all 6 tomorrow
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 09:11 - Jun 23 with 5160 viewsPilgrimblue

Well done again Rommy. I doubled two of your winners and very happy.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 09:11 - Jun 23 with 5160 viewsITFC1983

Good luck, anything like yesterday and there will be a few happy people on here come the end of the day!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 5131 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Great tipping so far! As ever am doing my own thing and have been hitting the crossbar all week but am level for the week.Had a big e.w return on Rich Legacy yest at 50 to 1 which helped, these finishing fourth e.w terms are great..

Today however my view and money ramps up, Alpha Centauri, Crystal Ocean, Harry Angel, Belgravia, Mainstream. In all sorts of combinations and with a great big lump on Crystal Ocean Harry Angel and in particular Mainstteam. I could be potless by 6!
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 9:32]

BOT

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 10:57 - Jun 23 with 5020 viewshype313

Quite fancy Take me with you as an E/W today.

Good shouts yesterday Rommers!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 12:09 - Jun 23 with 4952 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 10:57 - Jun 23 by hype313

Did you place that bet in the end bud? Cardsharp each way 16s?

Went off 10/1 but I said 16s each was the value as he placed

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 12:17 - Jun 23 with 4944 viewshype313

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 12:09 - Jun 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Did you place that bet in the end bud? Cardsharp each way 16s?

Went off 10/1 but I said 16s each was the value as he placed

Yep! E/W at 16's so happy days on that, the only one I did yesterday too.

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 12:38 - Jun 23 with 4913 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 12:17 - Jun 23 by hype313

Yep! E/W at 16's so happy days on that, the only one I did yesterday too.

Great stuff

Login to get fewer ads

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 13:26 - Jun 23 with 4873 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There is a big gamble on my bet in the last race

9/2 and still shortening everywhere

We are on at 7s

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 13:55 - Jun 23 with 4851 viewsRyorry

G'l Rommy.

Had good day yesterday - 8/1 winner and 28/1, 9/1, 11/2 placers, plus all 4 placed in the multis net gain of +13.95 pts on the day, trying not to give it all back to bookies today!!

2.30 CLEMMIE* 6/1//SNOWFLAKES 14/1
3.05 SIR JOHN LAVERY* 13/2//CALL TO MIND 18/1
3.40 BLUE POINT 6/1
4.20 HYDRANGEA 1pt on 3 to be placed @3.85 bf
5.00 BELGRAVIA* 5/1
5.35 RED GALILEO 50/1 Icon_eek

All 0.5pt e/w b365 except Hydrangea as noted.
As well as the e/w singles, also had a 0.12pt e/w trixie on the * horses.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:46 - Jun 23 with 4775 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 13:26 - Jun 23 by The_Romford_Blue

We are on at 7s

Always was going to be gambled, as was his in the Hunt Cup.

I have seconditis at the minute and it has continued in the first.

BOT

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:52 - Jun 23 with 4761 viewshype313

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 10:57 - Jun 23 by hype313

Boom 20/1 EW!

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:54 - Jun 23 with 4760 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 13:26 - Jun 23 by The_Romford_Blue

We are on at 7s

You obviously fancy yourself at this, why don't you set up at TWTD Saturday nap competition or something. I would definitively have a crack...

BOT

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:58 - Jun 23 with 4756 viewshype313

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:54 - Jun 23 by BorisOrTrevor

You obviously fancy yourself at this, why don't you set up at TWTD Saturday nap competition or something. I would definitively have a crack...

That's what Mick was trying to do last season, worked well.

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 15:52 - Jun 23 with 4675 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 14:58 - Jun 23 by hype313

That's what Mick was trying to do last season, worked well.

Cracking race that one. Think Harry Angel will win the rematch, no cover today and ran a bit free I thought. I do wish Aidan would stop proclaiming each year that such and such is the best he has had. Walking advertisements for Coolmore stud, but we all know the fastest horse he has had was Mozart.

Either way, great race.

BOT

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 16:32 - Jun 23 with 4614 viewsITFC1983

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 13:55 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

G'l Rommy.

Had good day yesterday - 8/1 winner and 28/1, 9/1, 11/2 placers, plus all 4 placed in the multis net gain of +13.95 pts on the day, trying not to give it all back to bookies today!!

2.30 CLEMMIE* 6/1//SNOWFLAKES 14/1
3.05 SIR JOHN LAVERY* 13/2//CALL TO MIND 18/1
3.40 BLUE POINT 6/1
4.20 HYDRANGEA 1pt on 3 to be placed @3.85 bf
5.00 BELGRAVIA* 5/1
5.35 RED GALILEO 50/1 Icon_eek

All 0.5pt e/w b365 except Hydrangea as noted.
As well as the e/w singles, also had a 0.12pt e/w trixie on the * horses.

Well done Ryorry on Hydrangea and Blue Point !

Will keep my fingers crossed for Red Galileo

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 16:33 - Jun 23 with 4611 viewsITFC1983

Well done on Caravaggio + Winter. Fingers crossed for the others...

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 18:26 - Jun 23 with 4505 viewsRyorry

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 4 on 16:32 - Jun 23 by ITFC1983

Well done Ryorry on Hydrangea and Blue Point !

Will keep my fingers crossed for Red Galileo

Thanks '83, not to be unfortunately. Not a great day for me, managed to give quite a bit of yesterday's profit back to the bookies, thankfully not all! Had gone with the breeding side of things today, will revert to my usual tomorrow!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024