Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? 07:32 - Jun 23 with 35943 viewsNorthstandoldie

After Phil's request for funniest chant heard this season I was thinking what's the worst chant you've heard?
I think for me if was the IRA chant we sang to Villa fans just after the Birmingham pub bombings in the early 70's... they went berserk (with good reason). Looking back now I'm ashamed to admit I joined in.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 16:14 - Jun 23 with 11082 viewsIP4_Blue

Worst I've heard is john mcgreal chant when he scored the winner against Spurs in 2002 I think it was
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:08 - Jun 23 with 11017 viewsgainsboroughblue

"Here we go"

Utterly meaningless but sung everywhere for years.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:24 - Jun 23 with 11007 viewshoofer

I remember that day Villa wanted to kill us.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:26 - Jun 23 with 11006 viewsSteve_M

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:45 - Jun 23 by PrideOfTheEast

If it was sung properly (i.e. like Birmingham do) it's a decent song?

It was good when we did it spontaneously whilst beating Norwich in 97 but then Sheepy decided we should be forced into it every week.

And that still wasn't his greatest crime against music.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:28 - Jun 23 with 11003 viewsblindkipper

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 15:26 - Jun 23 by MJallday

did that actually happen?

i dont mean to jest, but how did he signal to the ref, did he just er, wobble?

It definitely did...thought someone might remember
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:43 - Jun 23 with 10991 viewsWeWereZombies

"Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" sung at the line of police separating home and away supporters in the North Stand in the late sixties was pretty bad, Harry Roberts was a career criminal who shot three policemen dead and then hid out in a wood just south of Bishop's Stortford.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 19:59 - Jun 23 with 10954 viewsSchancheITFC

Leukaemia Gunny, Leukaemiaaa to the Kiwomya song. Not nice.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 20:17 - Jun 23 with 10945 viewsPJH

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:43 - Jun 23 by WeWereZombies

"Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" sung at the line of police separating home and away supporters in the North Stand in the late sixties was pretty bad, Harry Roberts was a career criminal who shot three policemen dead and then hid out in a wood just south of Bishop's Stortford.

I remember it as "Harry Roberts is our King" but you may well be right.

The murders were in 1966.

Neither the murders or the chant were anything to be proud of.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 23:12 - Jun 23 with 10861 viewsDinnernotTea

"Always look out for Turks carrying knives."

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 00:00 - Jun 24 with 10825 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:55 - Jun 23 by Swailsey

The Justin Fashanu is the worst I've heard. It manages to insult homosexuals and mental health disorders in one quick swoop - lovely.

The Saville ones are just dumb and the amount of times "you've never won fcuk all" is directed at teams who have one quite a lot, is shocking.

I've only ever heard that sung to Norwich

Who else have we sung it at?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 01:54 - Jun 24 with 10795 viewsMelford

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 23:12 - Jun 23 by DinnernotTea

"Always look out for Turks carrying knives."

Liverpool sung "always look on the runway for Ice" to the same tune. That's pretty sick.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:09 - Jun 24 with 10749 viewsstickymockwell

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 19:59 - Jun 23 by SchancheITFC

Leukaemia Gunny, Leukaemiaaa to the Kiwomya song. Not nice.

I'm sure the Norwich fans abused one of our players before the Gunny chants. I think it was David Linighan after he lost a child. I think he got sent off in that game as well for fighting.
Not that it is a defence for sick abuse by our fans.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:14 - Jun 24 with 10747 viewsSwailsey

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 00:00 - Jun 24 by bournemouthblue

I've only ever heard that sung to Norwich

Who else have we sung it at?

Portsmouth was a good one, also Newcastle and their 5 or 6 FA Cups.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 10733 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 14:42 - Jun 23 by blindkipper

One that sticks out for me, early nineties I think, we had a linesman with no arms, had his flag strapped to him...cue the chant from the south stand "linesman give us wave"...I did join in but I was only young 😏

Wasn't that Richard Saunders who reffed local games?

If it was I remember him doing a game I played inon a Sunday morning on bourne park against ERR. one of our players got sent off for the most stupid thing, when we got back to the changing rooms and asked why he did it, he just said ' oh I wanted to see how he got his red card from his back pocket'

Lost for words!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 9:06]
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 17:20 - Jun 24 with 10662 viewsblindkipper

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:05 - Jun 24 by Guru_of_Ipswich

If it was I remember him doing a game I played inon a Sunday morning on bourne park against ERR. one of our players got sent off for the most stupid thing, when we got back to the changing rooms and asked why he did it, he just said ' oh I wanted to see how he got his red card from his back pocket'

Lost for words!

Yes that's the one, Ian Wright had a run in with him
https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-110858328.html
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 22:08 - Jun 24 with 10591 viewsBlue_Order

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 18:26 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

It was good when we did it spontaneously whilst beating Norwich in 97 but then Sheepy decided we should be forced into it every week.

And that still wasn't his greatest crime against music.

I remember Man City singing it properly for what seemed like 20 minutes straight when they beat us 4-1 in the cup in 2002. Sounded quality.

Our version is horrific, especially the "Blues, Blues, Blues..." bit.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 22:19 - Jun 24 with 10582 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 22:08 - Jun 24 by Blue_Order

I remember Man City singing it properly for what seemed like 20 minutes straight when they beat us 4-1 in the cup in 2002. Sounded quality.

Our version is horrific, especially the "Blues, Blues, Blues..." bit.

Agreed, their version was far better

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 23:45 - Jun 24 with 10554 viewsClapham_Junction

I remember some idiot kept trying to start a chant of "Town full of pedos" at Rotherham away, I think about three seasons ago. This was shortly after the big scandal they'd had around child safeguarding.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 19:37 - Jun 25 with 10425 viewsFifeITFC

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:22 - Jun 23 by MJallday

Didn't some scum fans singing about steve wright at our place?

Fairly sure that was Leeds.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 15:10 - Jun 26 with 10344 viewsgainsboroughblue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 09:05 - Jun 24 by Guru_of_Ipswich

Lost for words!

He ran the line at loads of Town games in the 80's.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024