Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? 07:32 - Jun 23 with 35934 viewsNorthstandoldie

After Phil's request for funniest chant heard this season I was thinking what's the worst chant you've heard?
I think for me if was the IRA chant we sang to Villa fans just after the Birmingham pub bombings in the early 70's... they went berserk (with good reason). Looking back now I'm ashamed to admit I joined in.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 11:51 - Jun 23 with 7412 viewsIllinoisblue

Nothing to do with us but for bad taste, the one about Adebayor is pretty harsh: "his dad washes elephants, his mum is a whore, adebayor...". Although you almost have to admire the invention.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 11:58 - Jun 23 with 7397 viewsyesjohn99

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:54 - Jun 23 by hype313

Our fans singing disgusting things about Bryan Gunn's deceased Daughter.

Never heard anything like that, if true whoever sung such words deserves pain of the highest degree.

Utter scum.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 7390 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 08:03 - Jun 23 by textbackup

Tractor boys make some noise is up there

To be honest anything the section 6 or back row divs at away games song could be included.

Creativity and imagination in our songs are fcking dreadful, and when different ones are made up the 'supporters' on here that don't even go to games slag them off.

Them lot in the corner of section are genuinely absolute kn0bheads

30 times a game they are switching between trying to be supportive and then switching to chanting that 'we're f**king sh1t' two minutes later

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 7385 viewsPJH

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:03 - Jun 23 by The_Romford_Blue

30 times a game they are switching between trying to be supportive and then switching to chanting that 'we're f**king sh1t' two minutes later

Maybe they are goldfish which I believe I am right in saying have a very short memory span.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:07 - Jun 23 with 7379 viewsBlueStreak

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 11:51 - Jun 23 by Illinoisblue

Nothing to do with us but for bad taste, the one about Adebayor is pretty harsh: "his dad washes elephants, his mum is a whore, adebayor...". Although you almost have to admire the invention.

adebayor
adebayor
he used to like coach trips
but not any more
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:16 - Jun 23 with 7363 viewsgosblue

Not a chant but I was at a Leeds v Man U cup replay years ago and Leeds fans had a huge broken model aeroplane. Sick even for Leeds.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:22 - Jun 23 with 7348 viewsjonnysuave

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 10:38 - Jun 23 by NoCanariesAllowed

"Loyal supporters".

Pointless really, isn't it...

I remember singing 'Loyal Supporters'. Which of course I'm not
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 7300 viewschicoazul

Milwall hiss at Spurs in the manner of gas chambers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:14 - Jun 23 with 7269 viewsHarryWright

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 12:03 - Jun 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I get your point but sometimes I feel as though people outside of them are a little harsh. Certainly those around me dismiss anything they try to do even if it's to support team.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:26 - Jun 23 with 7233 viewsPJH

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:14 - Jun 23 by HarryWright

I get your point but sometimes I feel as though people outside of them are a little harsh. Certainly those around me dismiss anything they try to do even if it's to support team.

"even if it's to support the team"-I was just wondering what they are there for if for any other reason than supporting the team?
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:33 - Jun 23 with 7217 viewsBluebell

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:26 - Jun 23 by PJH

"even if it's to support the team"-I was just wondering what they are there for if for any other reason than supporting the team?

Exactly. If you are not going to football to support your team what is the point of going?

I very rarely hear Section 6 from my seat in SBL and, if I do, a lot of the songs are not in sync with the rest of the stand.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:39 - Jun 23 with 7202 viewsPetieITFC2015

I personally dislike the "Spirit in the sky" chant and also maybe somewhat controversially "Singing The Blues" is grating on me now too - its lame when you compare it next to other clubs' song (i.e. High Ho Sheffield Wednesday/Wolverhampton) etc. etc. - or maybe its because its not chanted with the same passion perhaps!?
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 7199 viewsSwailsey

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:39 - Jun 23 by PetieITFC2015

I personally dislike the "Spirit in the sky" chant and also maybe somewhat controversially "Singing The Blues" is grating on me now too - its lame when you compare it next to other clubs' song (i.e. High Ho Sheffield Wednesday/Wolverhampton) etc. etc. - or maybe its because its not chanted with the same passion perhaps!?

I second this actually.

I really don't like singing the blues. The "Ipswich win, Norwich lose" bit always seems very, very petty to me.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:43 - Jun 23 with 7196 viewsMattinLondon

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:14 - Jun 23 by HarryWright

The main purpose of section 6 is to create atmosphere-which they do. Guess some people just want to moan.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 7182 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:40 - Jun 23 by Swailsey

I second this actually.

I really don't like singing the blues. The "Ipswich win, Norwich lose" bit always seems very, very petty to me.

If it was sung properly (i.e. like Birmingham do) it's a decent song?
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:49 - Jun 23 with 7170 viewsPJH

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:43 - Jun 23 by MattinLondon

The main purpose of section 6 is to create atmosphere-which they do. Guess some people just want to moan.

Fine, if you include the word 'positive' between create and atmosphere.

I cannot see the purpose of them if they create or help to create a negative atmosphere.
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 7161 viewsITFC_Forever

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:43 - Jun 23 by MattinLondon

I thought it was to try and prove they are some kind of ultra group who are much cooler than everyone else and only sing their own songs which are (badly) ripped off from other clubs.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:53 - Jun 23 with 7154 viewsSwailsey

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 13:45 - Jun 23 by PrideOfTheEast

If it was sung properly (i.e. like Birmingham do) it's a decent song?

I don't know if I can separate the two now.

Plus, having one that another club sings always seemed odd too.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

"Feck all, you've never won feck all"...... on 14:20 - Jun 23 with 7124 viewsBloots

....double negative.

Innit.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 14:42 - Jun 23 with 7096 viewsblindkipper

One that sticks out for me, early nineties I think, we had a linesman with no arms, had his flag strapped to him...cue the chant from the south stand "linesman give us wave"...I did join in but I was only young 😏
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 14:55 - Jun 23 with 7077 viewstcblue

Heresy perhaps as it is actually an original but I hate Edward Ebenezer, it's so parochial bumpkin. Oo arr we be the tracka boys buh
"His Dad's an accountant, his Mum teaches law" (n/t) on 14:57 - Jun 23 with 7075 viewsBloots

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 11:51 - Jun 23 by Illinoisblue

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 15:26 - Jun 23 with 7051 viewsMJallday

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 14:42 - Jun 23 by blindkipper

One that sticks out for me, early nineties I think, we had a linesman with no arms, had his flag strapped to him...cue the chant from the south stand "linesman give us wave"...I did join in but I was only young 😏

did that actually happen?

i dont mean to jest, but how did he signal to the ref, did he just er, wobble?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 15:46 - Jun 23 with 7027 viewstcblue

Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 15:26 - Jun 23 by MJallday

did that actually happen?

i dont mean to jest, but how did he signal to the ref, did he just er, wobble?

If there was an offside, he would just think about Rachel Riley
Worst chant (or bad taste) heard at football? on 16:11 - Jun 23 with 6990 viewsArcher4721

There's only two Andy Gorams. Two Andy Gorrrrrams. There only two Andy Gorams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024