Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. 11:54 - Jun 23 with 11043 viewsmonytowbray

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/lakenheath-high-street-closed-after-reports-of

Ripped the whole ATM out of the wall using a JCB.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 7140 viewsbritbiker

They will be lucky to find a branch open soon.. Barclays have shut four local branches and only have one in chelmsford high street which is totally inaccessible to tradesmen with vans.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 15:38]
Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 12:51 - Jun 23 with 7135 viewsReuser_is_God

They weren't looking for a quick get away then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:11 - Jun 23 with 7098 viewsSWGF

Same at one of our ATMs. Pulled out the wall. Town has one road in and one road out, but no police within about 10 miles, so help yourself.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 7040 viewsPinewoodblue

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 12:50 - Jun 23 by britbiker

They will be lucky to find a branch open soon.. Barclays have shut four local branches and only have one in chelmsford high street which is totally inaccessible to tradesmen with vans.

Going off topic but is the answer a company being set up, financed by the banks, to run a facility offering limited banking services but to customers of all banks. Site them at major supermarkets with ample parking so small business' can pay money in irrespective of who they bank with.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

on 13:43 - Jun 23 with 7037 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 12:50 - Jun 23 by britbiker

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:49 - Jun 23 with 7021 viewsitfcjoe

on 13:43 - Jun 23 by _

It's a nightmare when you run a small business if you get paid by a cheque.

We bank with lloyds and the one on Felixstowe Rd is a TSB, the one on Nacton Rd is shut, the one on Cauldwell Hall is shutting so the only one is in the town centre now.

So we can get a cheque for a couple of hundred quid which now involves someone having to drive into the town centre, pay to park, walk in, pay it in which can take a couple of hours by the time it is all done. Not sure how much longer Bramford Rd will remain open

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:59 - Jun 23 with 6997 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:49 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

We bank with lloyds and the one on Felixstowe Rd is a TSB, the one on Nacton Rd is shut, the one on Cauldwell Hall is shutting so the only one is in the town centre now.

So we can get a cheque for a couple of hundred quid which now involves someone having to drive into the town centre, pay to park, walk in, pay it in which can take a couple of hours by the time it is all done. Not sure how much longer Bramford Rd will remain open

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 14:09 - Jun 23 with 6964 viewsjeera

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:11 - Jun 23 by SWGF

Same at one of our ATMs. Pulled out the wall. Town has one road in and one road out, but no police within about 10 miles, so help yourself.

Sorry, I forget.

Where did you say you live again?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 14:15 - Jun 23 with 6943 viewsEJP

Happened in Manningtree month or so too...
Nat West aren't rushing to replace it either.
Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 14:35 - Jun 23 with 6903 viewsITFC1983

JCB used in Woolpit Aug 2015 to do the same-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-suffolk-33762066/jcb-digger-used-in-wool

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 15:53 - Jun 23 with 6861 viewsbritbiker

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 13:49 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

Unfortunately the banks are no longer interested in retail banking and as they are all closing branches you have little alternative. I do use on line banking but many of my older clients do not and have no Internet so cheques are still common. I know metro bank have just opened in chelmsford and they are more flexible with longer hours and Sunday opening and also dog friendly, however it's still in the high street. Nearly all the local car parks have height restricting barriers so no vans can use them. Went into a barclays in Clacton recently which was heavily automated,, there was only one employee behind a help desk with a huge queue, no one else in sight. It was really odd. Maybe I need to buy a JCB to do my banking.
Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 19:22 - Jun 23 with 6795 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Got the same response from Halifax in Ipswich, had a row with the manager trying to explain that a lot of my clients were elderly & don,t use internet banking, was like talking to a feckin brick wall.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 19:59 - Jun 23 with 6758 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Their telephone banking system is pretty good if you don't like fannying around online. Not much help when it comes to paying in cash though
on 00:34 - Jun 24 with 6664 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 19:59 - Jun 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

Their telephone banking system is pretty good if you don't like fannying around online. Not much help when it comes to paying in cash though

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 00:37 - Jun 24 with 6660 viewsStokieBlue

on 13:59 - Jun 23 by _

Let's go back to 1800.

Might not get paid much and die of cholera but at least lots of jobs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

on 00:39 - Jun 24 with 6657 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 00:37 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

Let's go back to 1800.

Might not get paid much and die of cholera but at least lots of jobs.

SB

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 00:52 - Jun 24 with 6648 viewsStokieBlue

on 00:39 - Jun 24 by _

Calm down.

You're turning into a right angry bloke the last few months.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 01:09 - Jun 24 with 6641 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 00:34 - Jun 24 by _

You are - you're straight through to someone who will do whatever the personal banker types do in branch.

The new voice recognition thing theyre rolling out means you don't even need to remember a passcode or pin either
Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 07:09 - Jun 24 with 6596 viewstiptreeblue

on 13:59 - Jun 23 by _

i agree with you on this one Libby, i just can`t bring myself to do online banking, i don`t see why you should if you don`t want to
on 07:41 - Jun 24 with 6574 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 01:09 - Jun 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

You are - you're straight through to someone who will do whatever the personal banker types do in branch.

The new voice recognition thing theyre rolling out means you don't even need to remember a passcode or pin either

on 07:43 - Jun 24 with 6571 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 00:52 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

Calm down.

You're turning into a right angry bloke the last few months.

SB

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 07:51 - Jun 24 with 6564 viewsAce_High1

on 07:41 - Jun 24 by _

Online banking is great, very convenient and can be done anytime.

Can't see why you would want to have to go into town, que up and mess around dealing with a person when you could do it in minutes from the comfort of your own home.

Technology = Progress!
on 07:54 - Jun 24 with 6559 views_

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 07:51 - Jun 24 by Ace_High1

Online banking is great, very convenient and can be done anytime.

Can't see why you would want to have to go into town, que up and mess around dealing with a person when you could do it in minutes from the comfort of your own home.

Technology = Progress!

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 07:55 - Jun 24 with 6553 viewsBackToRussia

Lived in Canada and most banks had a thing on their mobile apps where you could pay in a cheque by taking a picture of it on your phone.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Someone's done a proper job on the bank in the village I'm from. on 11:54 - Jun 24 with 6473 viewsstrikalite

on 07:54 - Jun 24 by _

Fair play to you mate, I'm exactly the same, our Halifax branch in Peterborough has gone from six customer service desks to just two, yet I went into update my ISA a few weeks back about 11am on a Saturday morning and there was 20+ people in the queue...of different ages I'll add..

If I transfer money or pay in a cheque I go into the branch, which granted isn't that often, but for peace of mind and I'll be honest to help in keeping high street branches running, I'll continue to go in, It's just scary to think one day there'll be nobody to talk to regarding advice or sorting a problem...even over the phone, that's how it's going...

I do use self checkouts though ha, though you're right we should all limit that use for exactly the same reasons..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024