Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orwell Crossing opinion piece 12:17 - Jun 23 with 1995 viewsitfcjoe

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/orwell-crossing-project-too-vital-to-be-sunk-b

Think Geater makes fair points here, and for the town to lose this investment because of dick swinging between Tory and Labour in the local councils would be an absolute travesty.

I'm no longer in the Ipswich constituency so can't do much, but I'd suggest those that are write to Sandy Martin about this as this is not being handled well by anyone.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:02 - Jun 23 with 1936 viewstextbackup

Northern bypass needed more than this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:03 - Jun 23 with 1929 viewsNo9

Did you get to look at the Suffolk mayor docs?
Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:04 - Jun 23 with 1928 viewshype313

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:02 - Jun 23 by textbackup

Yes, but that a different investment route to go down, we can't divert funds from this to the NB.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:26 - Jun 23 with 1881 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes I agree but ditching this project won't make the government more inclined to invest in the northern bypass, it is a separate matter. Geater is correct on this.

Roads and planning is a disjointed nightmare in Greater Ipswich as IBC and SCC are always at loggerheads and SCC control the roads. What is needed is a Greater Ipswich council and the Silly Suffolkers in their villages can swivel.

When I was in my late teens I don't think Norfolk had a single mile of dual carriageway but the money invested in transport systems throughout Norfolk and Norwich since then is massive. We have the largest container port in the country and SCC cannot get their arse in gear for a northern bypass. Everytime that bridge closes it costs ££££££££££'s - and disturbs my sleep as the lorrys go past my house.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:31 - Jun 23 with 1865 viewsPinewoodblue

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:26 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

Yes I agree but ditching this project won't make the government more inclined to invest in the northern bypass, it is a separate matter. Geater is correct on this.

Roads and planning is a disjointed nightmare in Greater Ipswich as IBC and SCC are always at loggerheads and SCC control the roads. What is needed is a Greater Ipswich council and the Silly Suffolkers in their villages can swivel.

When I was in my late teens I don't think Norfolk had a single mile of dual carriageway but the money invested in transport systems throughout Norfolk and Norwich since then is massive. We have the largest container port in the country and SCC cannot get their arse in gear for a northern bypass. Everytime that bridge closes it costs ££££££££££'s - and disturbs my sleep as the lorrys go past my house.

You forgot the front at Great Yarmouth. Agree though about one authority having control of greater Ipswich. The rest of Suffolk can look after it's self.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:31 - Jun 23 with 1866 viewsitfcjoe

But that is a separate issue - if you read that piece we can't save this money for that, if we don't do this it goes back to the government and we start again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:35 - Jun 23 with 1854 viewsPinewoodblue

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:31 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

But that is a separate issue - if you read that piece we can't save this money for that, if we don't do this it goes back to the government and we start again

You are both right the money can't be transferred to the Northern Bypass but the bypass is more needed and more important to the region.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 16:49 - Jun 23 with 1779 viewsJimmyJazz

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:31 - Jun 23 by itfcjoe

Sandy Martin's logic is that if a separate costing case was submitted for the Northern bypass after having the Orwell Crossing approved it would be less likely to be approved, as we had already received considerable funding and may look rather greedy asking for even more.

Hence it's better to ask for funding on the more necessary project. Which Sandy Martin considers to be the Northern bypass

Gummer would never have supported the Northern bypass as it upsets his Tory toff chums

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 19:07 - Jun 23 with 1731 viewsstonojnr

Orwell Crossing opinion piece on 13:35 - Jun 23 by Pinewoodblue

You are both right the money can't be transferred to the Northern Bypass but the bypass is more needed and more important to the region.

it may well be for the region as a whole, but its a different question, with a different answer, and its solution isnt to stop building the wet dock crossing.

and it will now have to involve cross party support, cross local mp support & government support to even get out of the fevered imagings of the keyboard warriors on the star website who make even Clarksons road building imagination seem tame in comparison, and thats before it will go through the whole planning appeal process, which it will assuredly, and currently its got no support at all from government or from the other local MPs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024