Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away 12:48 - Jun 23 with 19638 viewsitfcjoe

For me it's between these 2 for home

Wrong colour

Awful - couldn't go with the shorts

And this one for away - the badges in it are just so bad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 20:07 - Jun 23 with 5339 viewsolimar

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:34 - Jun 23 by gainsboroughblue

Was that when we had the home shirt that almost merged with the white shorts at the bottom?

Thats the one. As long as the players had the shirt outside shorts, then it was almost a seamless progression. If they tucked it in, they looked stupid. That shirt has to be right up there with worst ever shirts. They should have at least made the sleeves all blue aswell.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 23:52 - Jun 23 with 5281 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 20:07 - Jun 23 by olimar

Thats the one. As long as the players had the shirt outside shorts, then it was almost a seamless progression. If they tucked it in, they looked stupid. That shirt has to be right up there with worst ever shirts. They should have at least made the sleeves all blue aswell.

It was very much of the era of loud kits, it tied in with the Greene King sponsorship?

Norwich had the pizza kit in about the same era?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 21:04 - Jun 24 with 5216 views3_5_2

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:22 - Jun 23 by bournemouthblue

I quite liked the humbug kit

This for me is our all time worst, who thought this was a colour combination which worked?

I was just going to vote for the cream / brown combo when you put this up

Totally forgotten about this one

What were they thinking.

( quite liked the Pioneer one to be honest)

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 14:34 - Jun 25 with 5140 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

I hated the tie dye one with a passion.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:41 - Jun 25 with 5106 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 14:34 - Jun 25 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

I hated the tie dye one with a passion.

Which was the tie dye one?

on 18:43 - Jun 25 with 5104 views_

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:41 - Jun 25 by bournemouthblue

Which was the tie dye one?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 06:56 - Jun 26 with 5056 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

on 18:43 - Jun 25 by _

That's the one, blue fading into white. Hated it.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:51 - Jun 26 with 5034 viewsRammo

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 06:56 - Jun 26 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

That's the one, blue fading into white. Hated it.

Hated that tie dye shirt, should have kept the temporary pre-season 'squares' shirt they wore while waiting for that one!
Am I the only one who actually really liked the purple and green?

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:55 - Jun 26 with 5030 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:51 - Jun 26 by Rammo

Hated that tie dye shirt, should have kept the temporary pre-season 'squares' shirt they wore while waiting for that one!

What did you like about it?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 08:00 - Jun 26 with 5024 viewsRammo

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:55 - Jun 26 by bournemouthblue

What did you like about it?

I just really like the colour combination and the simplicity of it, they could have done better with the two horrible strips of material down the tops of the sleeves though.

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 11:57 - Jun 26 with 4984 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:51 - Jun 26 by Rammo

You are not alone, I thought the colour combination chimed well with the trend to paint house fronts of venerable Suffolk cottages in interesting colours. Don't think the photo earlier in the thread does it justice as it looks a well washed and therefore washed out example (also true for the TXU Energi shirt that kicks off the thread I reckon).

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 16:21 - Jun 26 with 4953 viewsHullblue

This thread inspired me to take a look on eBay for the Pioneer shirt - no luck.

I did, however, find this - which looks like bullsh!it to me. The seller has either been had, or they made it in their shed. £500 asking price too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCH-WORN-IPSWICH-TOWN-

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 16:32 - Jun 26 with 4944 viewshoppy

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 16:21 - Jun 26 by Hullblue

This thread inspired me to take a look on eBay for the Pioneer shirt - no luck.

I did, however, find this - which looks like bullsh!it to me. The seller has either been had, or they made it in their shed. £500 asking price too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCH-WORN-IPSWICH-TOWN-

I think you'd be hard pushed to find any pictures of our players wearing a shirt that has effectively had a patch containing the badge stitched onto it rather than the actual badge itself...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 17:37 - Jun 26 with 4929 viewsbluelagos

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 16:32 - Jun 26 by hoppy

I think you'd be hard pushed to find any pictures of our players wearing a shirt that has effectively had a patch containing the badge stitched onto it rather than the actual badge itself...

You're a cynic. It was clearly owned / worn by one of our Russian players in the 70s, judging from the location of the seller.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:08 - Jun 26 with 4912 viewshoppy

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 17:37 - Jun 26 by bluelagos

You're a cynic. It was clearly owned / worn by one of our Russian players in the 70s, judging from the location of the seller.

I guess I should be more trusting really... or at least that's what my Nigerian uncle told me when I had that email from him. Bizarre really, as I'd never even realised I had one before that. What a lovely surprise it was too to find out...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 00:24 - Jun 27 with 4873 viewsThe_Last_Baron

on 18:43 - Jun 25 by _

Mark Venus never wore it. He joined in summer of 97 by which time we had the classic horses on sleeves kit. One of the best.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 00:10 - Jan 30 with 2271 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:31 - Jun 23 by olimar

The club had only just rolled out of the Umbro contract, so we had two new shirts in 95-96. To get into the cycle of changing home/away shirt in alternate years, they put out another away shirt in 96-97, which was that cream and black one.
I think they then retained the purple/green one as a third shirt, partly as a duty of care to the fans who had bought it the previous year. I dont think we wore it that much in 96-97.

We wore it at QPR away when we won 1-0.

Paul Mason scored a cracker. I think we also wore it at Tranmere when John Aldridge scored a hat-trick.

The black and cream striped kit is in my eyes a classic. Not as good as red/black stripes from 92-93 though.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:19 - Jan 30 with 2221 viewsITFC_Forever

Either the awful Coca-Cola swish one from around 2007, or the last Umbro kit we got relegated in 1994-95 wearing that made us look like Everton.

Wasn’t a fan of the first Punch away kit, or many of the red ones we’ve have had in the last ten years or so.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:43 - Jan 30 with 2206 viewsBlue_Order

The pin striped ones were alright, but I hated all of the other Mitre shirts.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 07:56 - Jan 30 with 2191 viewsRadlett_blue

The year we wore blue shorts as first choice. Just plain wrong (rather like when the Budgies stupidly ditched their green shorts & wore all yellow).
The naffest one was the one with the swirl on the shirts and shorts.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 8:21]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 08:07 - Jan 30 with 2182 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:16 - Jun 23 by GeoffSentence

Ah right. The cream stripes was quite an odious kit in it's own right and if it was also the one with the typo definitely deserves to be considered as a candidate for worst away kit.

Wait, what? The cream and black one is easily one of our best kits of my lifetime

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024