Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away 12:48 - Jun 23 with 19637 viewsitfcjoe

For me it's between these 2 for home

Wrong colour

Awful - couldn't go with the shorts

And this one for away - the badges in it are just so bad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 14258 viewsReuser_is_God

Last years home shirt was awful but nowhere near as bad as the 2 you've linked.

The Barca kit last year was also horrendous.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 12:54 - Jun 23 with 14237 viewshype313

That top one, so flaccid, so uninspiring, so thoughtless.

Bit like Mick's team last season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 12:55 - Jun 23 with 14236 viewsSteve_M

When people moan about the Adidas templates they must be forgetting the desperate attempts to make each of those mid-00s kits different from the ones before.

The 94-95 relegation shirt was awful too and the green and purple away kit just nasty.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:04 - Jun 23 with 14175 viewsGeoffSentence

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 12:55 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

When people moan about the Adidas templates they must be forgetting the desperate attempts to make each of those mid-00s kits different from the ones before.

The 94-95 relegation shirt was awful too and the green and purple away kit just nasty.

was the green and purple away kit the one that was originally produced with a typo - Bury St Edmonds, which the club shop tried to correct by colouring in the top of the o to make it a u?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:06 - Jun 23 with 14159 viewsCoastalblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:04 - Jun 23 by GeoffSentence

was the green and purple away kit the one that was originally produced with a typo - Bury St Edmonds, which the club shop tried to correct by colouring in the top of the o to make it a u?

I thought that was the one with the cream stripes?

Agree on the second choice above, my least favourite shirt. The first would have been OK in the right colour.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:16 - Jun 23 with 14115 viewsGeoffSentence

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:06 - Jun 23 by Coastalblue

Agree on the second choice above, my least favourite shirt. The first would have been OK in the right colour.

Ah right. The cream stripes was quite an odious kit in it's own right and if it was also the one with the typo definitely deserves to be considered as a candidate for worst away kit.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 14:50 - Jun 23 with 13951 viewsGavTWTD

I always hated the one with the red laces, but I'm sure i'll be in the minority

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

on 14:57 - Jun 23 with 13933 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 15:07 - Jun 23 with 13913 viewsCanadianBlue

I rather like the TXUEnergi Home shirt. Simple and clean!

The 05-07 home kit with the white swish was horrid. Haven't been a fan of the recent pin stripes either.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 16:12 - Jun 23 with 13817 viewsMoggins

They've all been rubbish since the pioneer/radio Orwell shirt

That was class
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 17:11 - Jun 23 with 13734 viewsPendejo

Our first relegation in my lifetime

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 17:56 - Jun 23 with 13670 viewsSporall

Absolutely agree on that first one. Wrong colour completely. Also the one with black in it, with the badge on an white Everton badge shaped background.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:15 - Jun 23 with 13630 viewsSporall

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 14:50 - Jun 23 by GavTWTD

Me too.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:17 - Jun 23 with 13621 viewsSporall

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 13:06 - Jun 23 by Coastalblue

Almost certain it was the cream and black one that had an O instead of a U. Didn't the manufacturer then try and rub out the top of the O on some shirts??
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:22 - Jun 23 with 13608 viewsFtnfwest

Never minded the txu shirt too much but have to disagree on the second one as my cousin designed it! We'd always assumed that it would be paired with white shorts but the club took it away and put the stupid blue swoop into the shorts
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:22 - Jun 23 with 13603 viewsbournemouthblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 17:11 - Jun 23 by Pendejo

Our first relegation in my lifetime

I quite liked the humbug kit

This for me is our all time worst, who thought this was a colour combination which worked?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:23 - Jun 23 with 13600 viewsWeWereZombies

Wasn't there another green and purple kit in the 2000s that was much better?

I would be happy with the old green and purple kit if we had a player of this calibre though:

[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 18:24]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:57 - Jun 23 with 13558 viewsstonojnr

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:22 - Jun 23 by bournemouthblue

I quite liked the humbug kit

This for me is our all time worst, who thought this was a colour combination which worked?

didnt clash with anybody elses though did it, so we didnt need to zombiefy a perpetual 3rd choice kit.

of their time, Id have said all of them were ok, the tractor tread one was a bit weird, and I didnt really go for the badge pattern orange one.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:08 - Jun 23 with 13537 viewsolimar

Always thought that TXU shirt was a nice clear design and whilst the colour was off, it looked fine during night games or games played in rain etc. The original prototype was much darker, but punch couldnt get the colour to stay in the shirt when mass produced.
That orange punch shirt is a fine example of how Punch managed to ruin even an Orange away shirt. All their shirts were made of such rubbish material, then they tried to do something a bit fancy and it still looked cheap and they evidently couldnt attach any logos to it properly.
The coca-cola shirt is THE worst home shirt the club have ever had. Cheap in material, absurb design and terrible shorts too. All round fail. Its not so much that they got fans to design it thats the problem, but that they managed to pick such a bad winner (apologies to the other guy on this thread who says his cousin designed it!).
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:14 - Jun 23 with 13522 viewsolimar

I cant believe anyone moans about the adidas stuff we have had. These are halcyon days for our kits, unsurpassed since 1992 kits, probably, in both style and quality (certainly since we left Umbro anyway).
The last two Punch numbers were made of such appalling heavy material, Im amazed the players werent complaining about it more.
The first mitre shirt felt like such an improvement by comparison, return to a simple pinstripe (even though the material pulled really easily). But they lost their way too, first by completely ripping off adidas shirts of the time when they did the "David Norris" shirt, then by losing their minds and just combining both of their previous shirts into a new one for the "Jimmy Bullard" number.
Their last two were ok, to be fair.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:23 - Jun 23 with 13502 viewsolimar

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 14:50 - Jun 23 by GavTWTD

The problem with it, for me, was that Umbro were doing that retro look really well with a few clubs, United (green and yellow halves) and Villa stand out from memory, but the Ipswich equivalent just didnt really work as a retro design. I think it was mainly because there was too much red in it, the funny badge outline and the material was too shiny. Looked better with blue shorts too...
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:27 - Jun 23 with 13491 viewsgainsboroughblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 18:57 - Jun 23 by stonojnr

didnt clash with anybody elses though did it, so we didnt need to zombiefy a perpetual 3rd choice kit.

of their time, Id have said all of them were ok, the tractor tread one was a bit weird, and I didnt really go for the badge pattern orange one.

I thought that's when the cream/black stripe one was our third kit?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:28 - Jun 23 with 13486 viewsolimar

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 12:50 - Jun 23 by Reuser_is_God

Last years home shirt was awful but nowhere near as bad as the 2 you've linked.

The Barca kit last year was also horrendous.

I cant see how you can compare the quality or style of any of the adidas kits with some of those other horrors. I think last years shirt was different enough that people either love it or hate it.
But even if you hate it, the fact that we got something from the exact same design line that the World Cup winners wore is enough to lift it above many of our mitre/punch numbers.
The blue shorts were a mistake, Id give you that.

The barca kit as a design was decent enough, its definitely the worst of the Adidas ones weve had, but it suffered more by being such a bad strategic choice in terms of serving its purpose as an away shirt.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:31 - Jun 23 with 13473 viewsolimar

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:27 - Jun 23 by gainsboroughblue

I thought that's when the cream/black stripe one was our third kit?

The club had only just rolled out of the Umbro contract, so we had two new shirts in 95-96. To get into the cycle of changing home/away shirt in alternate years, they put out another away shirt in 96-97, which was that cream and black one.
I think they then retained the purple/green one as a third shirt, partly as a duty of care to the fans who had bought it the previous year. I dont think we wore it that much in 96-97.
Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 13463 viewsgainsboroughblue

Worst Ipswich kit - home and away on 19:31 - Jun 23 by olimar

The club had only just rolled out of the Umbro contract, so we had two new shirts in 95-96. To get into the cycle of changing home/away shirt in alternate years, they put out another away shirt in 96-97, which was that cream and black one.
I think they then retained the purple/green one as a third shirt, partly as a duty of care to the fans who had bought it the previous year. I dont think we wore it that much in 96-97.

Was that when we had the home shirt that almost merged with the white shorts at the bottom?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024