Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First kids TV show that you remember? 18:45 - Jun 23 with 21473 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fireman Sam for me
First kids TV show that you remember? on 21:55 - Jun 24 with 3832 viewsLord_Lucan

First kids TV show that you remember? on 21:49 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

Watch with Mother
Monday Picture Book
Tuesday Andy Pandy
Wednesday Flowerpot men
Thursday Rag Tag & bobtail
Friday Woodentops.

What about Mary Mungo and Midge?

I loved that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:06 - Jun 24 with 3826 viewsPinewoodblue

First kids TV show that you remember? on 21:55 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

What about Mary Mungo and Midge?

I loved that.

came much later, daughter used to watch that. Bit like Fawlty tours in as much as only a handful of episodes.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:09 - Jun 24 with 3821 viewsnoggin

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:06 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

came much later, daughter used to watch that. Bit like Fawlty tours in as much as only a handful of episodes.

I only remember Midge being posted with a letter (he was sitting on the envelope). I think I remember it anyway.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 22:12]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:34 - Jun 24 with 3796 viewsLord_Lucan

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:09 - Jun 24 by noggin

I only remember Midge being posted with a letter (he was sitting on the envelope). I think I remember it anyway.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 22:12]

They used to always be in a lift.

I always remember "years" from where I was living as we moved around a bit. I reckon I was watching it around 1971/2

Just googled it and apparently it came out in 69. I wouldn't have been (knowingly)watching it then, I must have seen the repeats.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

First kids TV show that you remember? on 23:14 - Jun 24 with 3785 viewsnorth_stand77

Anyone else remember 'Torchie, Torchie the battery boy?' Or 'Hiram Holiday'?
Would have been about 1963/4 I reckon

Loved Tales from the riverbank and The magic roundabout
First kids TV show that you remember? on 00:03 - Jun 25 with 3777 viewsWeWereZombies

First kids TV show that you remember? on 23:14 - Jun 24 by north_stand77

I just about remember the title 'Torchie, the Battery Boy' but nothing else. Used to look forward to each episode of 'Hiram Holiday', that bloke was a one man disaster area.

Don't think 'Four Feather Falls' has had a mention yet, the idea of a bunch of kids with the run of a fort and no adults around appealed very much. And there was an Australian series about a boy who had a boomerang that stopped time when he threw it so that he could carry out capers like divest thieves of what they had stolen and return it to the rightful owners just so long as this was all carried out quickly enough for him to be back in place to catch the boomerang.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

First kids TV show that you remember? on 00:25 - Jun 25 with 3772 viewsGodzilla

Singing Ringing Tree. This was some scary stuff for us kids - explains a lot really:

First kids TV show that you remember? on 01:48 - Jun 25 with 3761 viewsBinner

First kids TV show that you remember? on 00:03 - Jun 25 by WeWereZombies

I just about remember the title 'Torchie, the Battery Boy' but nothing else. Used to look forward to each episode of 'Hiram Holiday', that bloke was a one man disaster area.

Don't think 'Four Feather Falls' has had a mention yet, the idea of a bunch of kids with the run of a fort and no adults around appealed very much. And there was an Australian series about a boy who had a boomerang that stopped time when he threw it so that he could carry out capers like divest thieves of what they had stolen and return it to the rightful owners just so long as this was all carried out quickly enough for him to be back in place to catch the boomerang.

There's a trip down memory lane.

The best character in 'Torchy The Battery Boy' has to be Pongo the Pirate in his grapefruit boat.

I don't remember Four Feather Falls being kids in a fort; rather FFF was the name of the town and Tex Tucker was the sheriff. His guns would shoot on their own if he was in danger. Coincidentally, Four Feather Falls came up in conversation with my brother a few weeks ago and he told me that Tex Tucker's voice-over actor was Nicholas Parsons; I wonder what became of him in later life...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

First kids TV show that you remember? on 03:50 - Jun 25 with 3746 viewsRyorry

Can't believe no-one's yet mentioned 'Sooty and Sweep'!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sooty

Can't remember whether it was that, 'Muffin the Mule' or Andy Pandy which came first - Muffin was my fav, but my bro was called Andrew, & he hated Andy Pandy as the nickname stuck at first school.

Why was Muffin illegal PJH?!

Later on, loved TC and the Lone Ranger!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

First kids TV show that you remember? on 08:44 - Jun 25 with 3712 viewspoppiesman

The Double Deckers.

Its about time they repeated many of the programmes listed in this thread, would be far better than most of the tripe on TV today.
First kids TV show that you remember? on 09:08 - Jun 25 with 3697 viewsWeWereZombies

First kids TV show that you remember? on 01:48 - Jun 25 by Binner

There's a trip down memory lane.

The best character in 'Torchy The Battery Boy' has to be Pongo the Pirate in his grapefruit boat.

I don't remember Four Feather Falls being kids in a fort; rather FFF was the name of the town and Tex Tucker was the sheriff. His guns would shoot on their own if he was in danger. Coincidentally, Four Feather Falls came up in conversation with my brother a few weeks ago and he told me that Tex Tucker's voice-over actor was Nicholas Parsons; I wonder what became of him in later life...

OK, I've got Four Feather Falls mixed up with something else - Lord of the Flies? Might explain the way I turned out...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

First kids TV show that you remember? on 10:07 - Jun 25 with 3682 viewsbluejake78

Flobadob and little weed.In Romper room they used to have cardboard cars which the kids would stand in an race around the room.I so wanted one so my Dad got a TV box and painted a car on it.
First kids TV show that you remember? on 11:36 - Jun 25 with 3657 viewsWarkystache

This.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

First kids TV show that you remember? on 12:03 - Jun 25 with 3635 viewsfloridablue

First kids TV show that you remember? on 23:14 - Jun 24 by north_stand77

Torchy the battery boy. Didn't the beam of light from his hat shine on a far away planet. Loved the puppet shows in the early 60s, anyone remember the puppet Twizzle whos arms and legs would rotate and stretch out?
First kids TV show that you remember? on 14:26 - Jun 25 with 3612 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

First kids TV show that you remember? on 22:34 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

They used to always be in a lift.

I always remember "years" from where I was living as we moved around a bit. I reckon I was watching it around 1971/2

Just googled it and apparently it came out in 69. I wouldn't have been (knowingly)watching it then, I must have seen the repeats.

I remember that programme well too. I would have been about 4 I imagine when it was on, so around 1974.
First kids TV show that you remember? on 18:21 - Jun 25 with 3588 viewsnoggin

First kids TV show that you remember? on 12:03 - Jun 25 by floridablue

Torchy the battery boy. Didn't the beam of light from his hat shine on a far away planet. Loved the puppet shows in the early 60s, anyone remember the puppet Twizzle whos arms and legs would rotate and stretch out?

I remember one called Jamie and the magic torch, probably early 80s.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 18:29]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024