Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) 22:33 - Jun 23 with 11728 viewstextbackup

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:54 - Jun 24 with 4446 viewsStokieBlue

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:50 - Jun 24 by Dubtractor

I don't mind what I've heard of Royal Blood, and am a huge fan of fuzzed up guitars, but that set was just dull tbh. Sounded like they just played the same song repeatedly.

That's a fair point. I've never heard them before so quite enjoyed the spectacle.

Doesn't mean I don't like Radiohead's immense portfolio, just didn't seem to enjoy them too much last night.

Strange I guess.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:58 - Jun 24 with 4437 viewsDubtractor

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:54 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

That's a fair point. I've never heard them before so quite enjoyed the spectacle.

Doesn't mean I don't like Radiohead's immense portfolio, just didn't seem to enjoy them too much last night.

Strange I guess.

SB

Yeah, I would imagine that being there for Royal Blood would be better than on the telly. I don't have a problem with stuff being a bit repetitive, I own lots of pretty repetitive music, but I think with the very limited sound that RB can produce it starts to tire a bit after a few tunes.

Oddly I'm the opposite for Radiohead, never been a massive fan but enjoyed the set!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:59 - Jun 24 with 4440 viewsLeoMuff

Whole of Glastonbury is a bit sh1t these days, Katy Perry, hunter wellies, bumbags wtf - totally lost the meaning of it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 4427 viewsbluewein

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:50 - Jun 24 by Dubtractor

I don't mind what I've heard of Royal Blood, and am a huge fan of fuzzed up guitars, but that set was just dull tbh. Sounded like they just played the same song repeatedly.

I've just watched their set.

Don't get me wrong, it was good but it's just feels like they're covering Death From Above 1979.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 09:09 - Jun 24 with 4414 viewsDubtractor

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 09:05 - Jun 24 by bluewein

I've just watched their set.

Don't get me wrong, it was good but it's just feels like they're covering Death From Above 1979.

If we're talking 2 person noisy rock then my tipple of choice is Japandroids.

DFA 1979 passed me by as they came around during my clubbing/dance music years and I missed a lot of good bands at the time I think.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 09:12 - Jun 24 with 4405 viewsbluewein

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 09:09 - Jun 24 by Dubtractor

If we're talking 2 person noisy rock then my tipple of choice is Japandroids.

DFA 1979 passed me by as they came around during my clubbing/dance music years and I missed a lot of good bands at the time I think.

Agree on Japandroids. One of the few I'm actually looking forward to at Reading festival this year.

Having mentioned them, I'm now having a DFA 1979 nostalgia trip. Give you're a Woman, I'm a Machine a go dubbers. Great album.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 10:13 - Jun 24 with 4358 viewsTJS

The thing that does my head in about Glastonbury is all those look at me tw@ts who persist with those stupid flags
Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 10:28 - Jun 24 with 4337 viewsLord_Lucan

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:59 - Jun 24 by LeoMuff

Whole of Glastonbury is a bit sh1t these days, Katy Perry, hunter wellies, bumbags wtf - totally lost the meaning of it.

It lost it many many years ago. Hasn't helped that Eaves daughter has taken over.

I haven't seen any of it yet. Hope this was played last night.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:10 - Jun 24 with 4302 viewshoppy

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 00:16 - Jun 24 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I spent the set trying to work out if I was enjoying it or not.

I know they're not everybody's favourite, but I loved elbow earlier.

I watched elbow earlier and enjoyed that too... looking forward to seeing them in thetford forest this coming Thursday.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:26 - Jun 24 with 4287 viewsLord_Lucan

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:10 - Jun 24 by hoppy

I watched elbow earlier and enjoyed that too... looking forward to seeing them in thetford forest this coming Thursday.

I've seen them a couple of times. They are good live.

Not too keen on Thetford forest as a venue though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:30 - Jun 24 with 4276 viewshoppy

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:26 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I've seen them a couple of times - one a fairly intimate venue and then at the o2. I've only been to one at Thetford before, and the sound wasn't great, but I put that down to Embrace having an off day...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:43 - Jun 24 with 4263 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:30 - Jun 24 by hoppy

Yes, I've seen them a couple of times - one a fairly intimate venue and then at the o2. I've only been to one at Thetford before, and the sound wasn't great, but I put that down to Embrace having an off day...

My Dad and I were there.

Poll: Best Football Song

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:31 - Jun 24 with 4232 viewsLord_Lucan

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:43 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

My Dad and I were there.

Yes, I was very unfairly arrested if I remember correctly, although for some reason I thought it was Stereophonics.

Taken to BSE station when LR turned up pretending to be my solicitor

What a farcical evening that was.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 13:32]

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:36 - Jun 24 with 4224 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:31 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I was very unfairly arrested if I remember correctly, although for some reason I thought it was Stereophonics.

Taken to BSE station when LR turned up pretending to be my solicitor

What a farcical evening that was.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 13:32]

It was my 15th birthday present and you I watched you get arrested.

Farcical isn't the word!

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:46 - Jun 24 with 4210 viewsLeoMuff

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 10:28 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

It lost it many many years ago. Hasn't helped that Eaves daughter has taken over.

I haven't seen any of it yet. Hope this was played last night.

Yes I too put an amount of blame on his daughter, of all the festivals to go like this Glastonbury is a tragedy, I had hoped it would go full circle and become so trendy the cool kids gave up, and the spirit returned but then I heard they were considering moving it to Longleat....

The only Muff in Town.

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 14:07 - Jun 24 with 4195 viewsLord_Lucan

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:36 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

It was my 15th birthday present and you I watched you get arrested.

Farcical isn't the word!

Well you certainly got your own back.

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 15:05 - Jun 24 with 4164 viewsJ2BLUE

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 08:25 - Jun 24 by textbackup

It's about to et worse.... I went on the red button to watch dizzee and loved that!

Can't stand his music.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 15:29 - Jun 24 with 4145 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 14:07 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Well you certainly got your own back.

Fair point. Call it even?

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 15:32 - Jun 24 with 4142 viewsolimar

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 13:46 - Jun 24 by LeoMuff

Yes I too put an amount of blame on his daughter, of all the festivals to go like this Glastonbury is a tragedy, I had hoped it would go full circle and become so trendy the cool kids gave up, and the spirit returned but then I heard they were considering moving it to Longleat....

I went three times over a 5 year period from 2005 to 2010. It was noticeable the change from one time to the next- standard of lineups, number of people etc. I did wonder whether it was just me getting older, but Ive watched how the lineup has evolved and how more and more people say the same thing now.
Maybe people who went in the 90s complained that it was worse in the 00s too, but it seems to have changed a lot and Id also put most of the blame on Emily Eavis.

I recall after one year where it rained a lot, Michael Eavis had talked about getting more young people who were prepared to put up with the rain. Then Emily took over and there was a year, possibly after one of the rainy years, where there were still tickets on general sale only a month before it was due.
I think as much as Emily is younger and obviously that influences the direction, I think there was a conscious decision to go for the younger market and as much as it probably has worked for commercial reasons, the festival seems different.
Also what doesnt help is that, aside from heritage acts towards the end of their careers, there are few bands of big enough size these days to compete for a headline slot, which leads more towards the solo artists.

The fact Coldplay have headlined something like 4 times in the last 10 years speaks volumes.
Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 16:05 - Jun 24 with 4116 viewsRadlett_blue

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 12:26 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

It has a nice golf course, though.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 16:59 - Jun 24 with 4089 viewsolimar

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 00:28 - Jun 24 by stickymockwell

Epic
Just Epic.
I wish I was there

Ive just watched the first half of it on iPlayer. I thought it was outstanding, I must see them live.
Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 16:59 - Jun 24 with 4090 viewsLeoMuff

Well Radiohead are sht (n/t) on 15:32 - Jun 24 by olimar

I went three times over a 5 year period from 2005 to 2010. It was noticeable the change from one time to the next- standard of lineups, number of people etc. I did wonder whether it was just me getting older, but Ive watched how the lineup has evolved and how more and more people say the same thing now.
Maybe people who went in the 90s complained that it was worse in the 00s too, but it seems to have changed a lot and Id also put most of the blame on Emily Eavis.

I recall after one year where it rained a lot, Michael Eavis had talked about getting more young people who were prepared to put up with the rain. Then Emily took over and there was a year, possibly after one of the rainy years, where there were still tickets on general sale only a month before it was due.
I think as much as Emily is younger and obviously that influences the direction, I think there was a conscious decision to go for the younger market and as much as it probably has worked for commercial reasons, the festival seems different.
Also what doesnt help is that, aside from heritage acts towards the end of their careers, there are few bands of big enough size these days to compete for a headline slot, which leads more towards the solo artists.

The fact Coldplay have headlined something like 4 times in the last 10 years speaks volumes.

Started for me when the fence went up, lost an "edge" and the traveller/alternative aspect. Now it's a farce , looking at the line ups and it's part of the must do for the gap yah darling generation. Look back at levellers 94 aboout 100000 people are moshing off their gourds.

The only Muff in Town.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024