Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 23:38 - Jun 23 with 2674 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At the time of writing, day four of Royal Ascot hasn’t actually began but yet, due to me being out today and tonight with my mates, I will have to write this one a bit earlier and remember to submit it tonight. Of course the first three days have been a massive success with the majority of my main horses having already run. The only ones left are Alpha Centuari (Friday) and September and Limato (Saturday). Hopefully, it will end as good as it has started and gone on.

2:30 — Chesham Stakes (Listed)
I have actually backed SEPTEMBER (NAP) for the 2018 Oaks at 25/1 as I know she is very well thought of in the O’Brien camp and won like a super filly on debut. The vibes around her are very good even at this early stage and she is bread to be better over the Oaks trip than the Guineas trip. I expect her to win here and am happy to play her in this at 5/4. The fact she runs here instead of the Albany already points to her being a middle distance filly next year too. Masar was blocked on debut but still won which was a good effort whilst Westerland stepped up on his second start but will need to do so again here. Nyaleti should appreciate the extra furlong and looks another who will be better as a middle distance filly as a three year old.

3:05 — Wolferton Handicap (Listed)
Khairaat was very impressive when winning at Chester and I was on him that day. However, at 7/2 in a tougher race and a very different track, he can be taken on here. ELBERETH has looked better than a handicapper at times particularly whena good fourth in the Coronation Cup at Epsom. He is also very consistent and at 12/1, presents each way value in this. Central Square will step up from his reappearance whilst Pacify has run two poor races and has something to prove. Snoano looks like being a big danger on this ground as he loves firm ground and the trip should suit too.

3:40 — Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)
My Dream Boat won the Prince Of Wales Stakes last year but runs in this group 2 instead of in that this year which suggests he isn’t flying as he was last year. The Queen runs favourite Dartmouth and he will be popular in his bid to defend his crown. Idaho was a short price for last year’s St Leger but unseated whilst Muntahaa is an improver. WINGS OF DESIRE disappointed first time out this year but is a genuine group 1 horse. He can be excused for that disappointment in his first race this year and is usually very consistent. 6/1 looks to be a big price to beat the short priced favourite.

4:20 — Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Group 1)
LIMATO is a brilliant sprinter over 6f when he gets his fast ground and is the obvious choice here. He had problems with rain incredibly in Dubai which excuses him but this looks a weak group 1. Magical Memory is useful in these and should improve from his second behind the upcoming Tasleet who also had The Tin Man back in 5th that day. The latter looks the biggest danger to the selection of the three as his 2nd over course and distance on Champions Day is excellent form. He will have no issues on the ground either.

5:00 — Wokingham Stakes (Heritage Handicap)
Finding the winner of this 31 runner sprint handicap looks very tough as always with last year’s winner Outback Traveller only 4lb higher than last year and he has been aimed at this. Raucou has run in better races than this while Projection loves big field handicaps. CERTIFICATE wins races like this and steps down from a higher level. Tough race for the entire field though.

5:35 — Queen Alexandra Stakes
Thomas Hobson won the Ascot Stakes in tremendous style on Tuesday and looks high class on the flat. Qewy was a lose second last year and stays all day. Winning Story oozes class so should go very well whilst Montaly tends to like races like this. The selection is instead for US ARMY RANGER who is taken to bounce back here. He has lost his way at times but is a classy horse when on song.

2:30 — SEPTEMBER 5/4
3:05 — ELBERETH 11/1
3:40 — WINGS OF DESIRE 6//1
4:20 — LIMATO 11/4
5:00 — CERTIFICATE 18/1 each way
5:35 — US ARMY RANGER 7/1

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 09:10 - Jun 24 with 2562 viewsWestover

I'm going to have my first bet at Ascot in the 4 20 race The Tin Man each way and it's 6/1 so if I were you I would avoid it I can stop anything from Winning 😥
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 11:52 - Jun 24 with 2463 viewsbrogansnose

2:30 Nyaletti

3:05 Pacify

3:40 Wings Of Desire

4:20 Tasleet

5:00 Projection
Outback Traveller E/W

5:35 US Army Ranger
Oriental Fox E/W
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 13:26 - Jun 24 with 2400 viewsArcher4721

Idaho will win 3.40 Ascot ew 5-1 get on!!
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 13:49 - Jun 24 with 2385 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I didn't post after yesterday's thread and wrote this one yesterday morning too before my mates came

Am at cricket but I plan to see the races on my phone as we are batting first

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 14:12 - Jun 24 with 2373 viewsRyorry

I suspect you're right re Elbereth, but have gone for

2.30 WESTERLAND (by Frankel) 14/1//HIGHLIGHT REEL 50/1 (4 pl b365)
3.05 PACIFY 10/1//RESTORER 25/1
3.40 IDAHO 11/2 (ep last night)//WESTERN HYMN 18/1 (WH quirky horse & just a feeling I'm afraid, quite possibly wrong!)
4.20 THE TIN MAN 11/2 (ep last night)//GROWL 50/1 (CD & will like conditions)
5.00 RAUCOUS 12/1//STEADY PACE 20/1 (5 places b365)
5.35 PARIS PROTOCOL (CP1) 66/1//US ARMY RANGER 6/1 (ep last night) Risky re distance

G'l everyone playing!

edit: all 0.5pt e/w b365
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 14:13]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 14:25 - Jun 24 with 2353 viewsJ2BLUE

Good preview thanks.

Decided to have £10 on the first with betway as it's risk free then £2 e/w on the other 5 races. All picks based on gut feeling with no knowledge whatsoever.

2:30 September 2.5
3:05 Central Square 8.0
3:40 Muntahaa 13.0
4:20 Suedois 23.0
5:00 Amazour 17.0
5:35 Motherland 15.0

GL all

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 15:40 - Jun 24 with 2266 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Watched September win as my NAP here at cricket

Cracking performance. My 25/1 for the Oaks is now 10/1 across the board

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 5 on 16:31 - Jun 24 with 2201 viewsWestover

The Tin Man my only bet at Ascot and it's a Winner get in😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024