Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For Virginmedia users 00:53 - Jun 24 with 2036 viewsIpswich_Crazy

My Internet and TV is down. Anyone else having problems with there internet and TV?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

For Virginmedia users on 01:13 - Jun 24 with 2016 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Not here.

My right scroll button in remote isn't working though which means I'm struggling to be able to choose what Glastonbury act I want.

Poll: Best Football Song

For Virginmedia users on 07:02 - Jun 24 with 1953 viewswkj

After may hjaving 4 days of down time in a row and various other down times I called time on virgin media and went with PlusNet unlimited fibre. Plusnet boasts 78mb max down and 20 max up, virgin is 200 max down and 20 max up.

Needless to say so far *touch wood* my average speeds with Plusnet have beaten Virgin's and in my first month not soo much as a minute of downtime.

Virgin's problems are almost certainly likely due to over subscription onto their network; so seems as the Openreach Fibre network is relatively new, only time will tell how good they remain once they get more takers

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For Virginmedia users on 08:06 - Jun 24 with 1928 viewsColin_Viljoen

More than 800000 Virgin Media customers are being told to change their passwords. ... 23 Jun 2017 ... customers are being told to urgently change their passwords after an investigation found one of the firm's routers is vulnerable to hacking.
For Virginmedia users on 08:14 - Jun 24 with 1917 viewsWD19

I have found them to be bulletproof. 2 episodes of downtime in 6 or 7 years. Both scheduled, only problem was that they forgot to tell me.
For Virginmedia users on 09:37 - Jun 24 with 1880 viewsBasuco

For Virginmedia users on 07:02 - Jun 24 by wkj

After may hjaving 4 days of down time in a row and various other down times I called time on virgin media and went with PlusNet unlimited fibre. Plusnet boasts 78mb max down and 20 max up, virgin is 200 max down and 20 max up.

Needless to say so far *touch wood* my average speeds with Plusnet have beaten Virgin's and in my first month not soo much as a minute of downtime.

Virgin's problems are almost certainly likely due to over subscription onto their network; so seems as the Openreach Fibre network is relatively new, only time will tell how good they remain once they get more takers

As most providers buy bandwidth from BT I have noticed over the years that people have problems after providers push with new deals and only buy the extra bandwidth from BT after a significant uptake of new customers. But this does not cause a complete failure, you just have to expect a reduction of download speeds for a while if taking up a particularly good offer.
For Virginmedia users on 09:55 - Jun 24 with 1865 viewshoppy

We're on Virgin Media up to 200 Mb service and I've just run a speedtest - while eldest son is playing on XBox and probably facetiming someone on his phone as well, upstairs and I'm watching some Glastonbury on the iPlayer on the TV, and it's reported back with 113.03 Mbps down and 11.82 Mbps up, which seems quite reasonable.

I've not experienced any outages that I'm aware of.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

For Virginmedia users on 10:49 - Jun 24 with 1809 viewsIpswich_Crazy

For Virginmedia users on 09:55 - Jun 24 by hoppy

We're on Virgin Media up to 200 Mb service and I've just run a speedtest - while eldest son is playing on XBox and probably facetiming someone on his phone as well, upstairs and I'm watching some Glastonbury on the iPlayer on the TV, and it's reported back with 113.03 Mbps down and 11.82 Mbps up, which seems quite reasonable.

I've not experienced any outages that I'm aware of.

Its all been fixed now.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024