Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18:07 - Jun 24 with 38256 views_

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 17:38 - Jun 25 with 3881 viewsArcher4721

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 18:37 - Jun 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Surprisingly good oratory based on the inherent rights of his subjects rising to a self affirming crescendo... while based on no factual content other than the will of the people.

Anyway. That might go down well with the grotbags you get at Glastonbury. Probably wouldn't have got the same reception from the crowd at royal ascot

Ahh yes those lovely people at Ascot... Pretty obvious where the "grotbags " are

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/23/royal-ascot-marred-brawl-bare-chested
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 17:44]
The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 19:16 - Jun 25 with 3825 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 21:20 - Jun 24 by MJallday

at 73 i doubt it

you realise he's talking about austerity to people who have just paid £200 to sit in a field.

hmmm

What a moronic comment.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:11 - Jun 25 with 3792 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:28 - Jun 24 by blue_oyster

Loved the bit where he quoted one of his 'favourite' poems......reading it from a piece of paper.

Nothing wrong with that at all. You are fecking desperate.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:12 - Jun 25 with 3785 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:37 - Jun 24 by Keaneish

Politics at Glastonbury. The worst.

All those thousands of people who turned up for it were wrong then?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:40 - Jun 25 with 3762 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 23:11 - Jun 24 by ElderGrizzly

To a diverse audience too.... 🙄

Love the unfortunate placement of "Thatchers Gold" too 😂
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 23:12]

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that picture. Anyone trying to score race/diversity points off it is a bit sick. Some people happen to be pretty white girls FFS.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:41 - Jun 25 with 3758 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 23:23 - Jun 24 by stickymockwell

It says more about you that you noticed that Corbyn was happily pouring a pint with no black people around.
You know sometimes he will be around white people and other times he will be with other ethnicities. What's the point?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 23:26]

Quite.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:43 - Jun 25 with 3751 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 23:32 - Jun 24 by ElderGrizzly

I didn't notice it...

You're after the wrong man here if you want to play the race card of course
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 23:37]

You posted it for that reaction.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:48 - Jun 25 with 3736 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 00:23 - Jun 25 by bluewein

Just for 5 minutes, I want to get away from the politicool side of the world and enjoy the better things in life. Music, friends, trying to genuinely enjoy life without being told what to think.

I thought the election being over would change that. Sadly, it seems like it's set to stay for a long, long time.

I hate that person who forced you to watch that. What a bastard.

Login to get fewer ads

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:50 - Jun 25 with 3730 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 02:45 - Jun 25 by Ryorry

I wonder if he realised the irony of one of his favourite poems being written by a man who, whilst undoubtedly a wonderful writer, was a product of his age and a great advocate of imperialism who didn't seem to fussed about some of the racism associated with that; and who also strongly opposed home rule for Ireland, writing in a letter to a friend that "Ireland was not a nation, and that before the English arrived in 1169, the Irish were a gang of cattle thieves living in savagery and killing each other while writing dreary poems" about it all (from Wiki). "In his view, it was only British rule that allowed Ireland to advance".

ad hominem

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:53 - Jun 25 with 3713 viewslowhouseblue

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:50 - Jun 25 by Dolly2.0

ad hominem

lovely. and now in a sentence?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:54 - Jun 25 with 3713 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 17:02 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

Fair enough.

I do find it surprising you don't disagree with anything he's openly stated. I can't think of a single person who hasn't said something at some point I've disagreed with.

SB

I disagree with that.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 21:05 - Jun 25 with 3687 viewsnoggin

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 00:23 - Jun 25 by bluewein

Just for 5 minutes, I want to get away from the politicool side of the world and enjoy the better things in life. Music, friends, trying to genuinely enjoy life without being told what to think.

I thought the election being over would change that. Sadly, it seems like it's set to stay for a long, long time.

Like no popular music has ever been politically driven.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 21:50]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 21:48 - Jun 25 with 3652 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 20:53 - Jun 25 by lowhouseblue

lovely. and now in a sentence?

Is a sentence needed? Pretty obvious I'd have thought.

But then you deal in the minutiae don't you? It's your way of avoiding the point.

I'd debate with you but what's the point? You just deflect and then run away. I'll ask again - do you disagree with the police considering manslaughter charges over Grenfelll?

Simple question. Try not to run away this time.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:03 - Jun 25 with 3636 viewsDolly2.0

A brilliant speech.

It's what all right-minded people would want.

I hope JC's predecessor carries on the good work and by the next election the self-serving right will be obliterated.

Imagine if Mrs. May had took to the same stage. Now that would be funny.

The people have had enough.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:12 - Jun 25 with 3613 viewslowhouseblue

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 21:48 - Jun 25 by Dolly2.0

Is a sentence needed? Pretty obvious I'd have thought.

But then you deal in the minutiae don't you? It's your way of avoiding the point.

I'd debate with you but what's the point? You just deflect and then run away. I'll ask again - do you disagree with the police considering manslaughter charges over Grenfelll?

Simple question. Try not to run away this time.

you are a very strange person. you misread an article and wrongly assumed that someone had allowed people to occupy flats after they had failed a fire safety test - as you now know the test wasn't conducted by the police until after the fire. all the rest if a smoke screen. it would be easier for you to admit that you misread the article

yes the police must consider whether there should be manslaughter charges - it's sort of their job i guess. I have no idea what point you're trying to make

and i'm fairly certain you don't know what ad hominem means.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 22:18]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:24 - Jun 25 with 3589 viewsDolly2.0

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:12 - Jun 25 by lowhouseblue

you are a very strange person. you misread an article and wrongly assumed that someone had allowed people to occupy flats after they had failed a fire safety test - as you now know the test wasn't conducted by the police until after the fire. all the rest if a smoke screen. it would be easier for you to admit that you misread the article

yes the police must consider whether there should be manslaughter charges - it's sort of their job i guess. I have no idea what point you're trying to make

and i'm fairly certain you don't know what ad hominem means.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 22:18]

So why were you questioning me when I said I expect manslaughter charges?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:27 - Jun 25 with 3576 viewsm14_blue

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 02:45 - Jun 25 by Ryorry

I wonder if he realised the irony of one of his favourite poems being written by a man who, whilst undoubtedly a wonderful writer, was a product of his age and a great advocate of imperialism who didn't seem to fussed about some of the racism associated with that; and who also strongly opposed home rule for Ireland, writing in a letter to a friend that "Ireland was not a nation, and that before the English arrived in 1169, the Irish were a gang of cattle thieves living in savagery and killing each other while writing dreary poems" about it all (from Wiki). "In his view, it was only British rule that allowed Ireland to advance".

Fascinating character is our Mr Kipling.
The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 3567 viewslowhouseblue

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:24 - Jun 25 by Dolly2.0

So why were you questioning me when I said I expect manslaughter charges?

after you said that you expect manslaughter charges i asked the question: who do you expect manslaughters charges to be brought against? you seemed to be anticipating the outcome of the police investigation so i thought you must know who would be charged. how can you expect manslaughter charges without having a view on whose actions amounted to manslaughter?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:31 - Jun 25 with 3563 viewsRyorry

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:27 - Jun 25 by m14_blue

Fascinating character is our Mr Kipling.

He really is, well worth an in-depth look. Incredible childhood (not in a good way).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:33 - Jun 25 with 3551 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 17:38 - Jun 25 by Archer4721

Ahh yes those lovely people at Ascot... Pretty obvious where the "grotbags " are

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/23/royal-ascot-marred-brawl-bare-chested
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 17:44]

That was newsworthy because it was an uncommon event. I doubt there was no violence or criminality as Glastonbury right? I'm sure,for example, absolutely no one took any narcotic substances all weekend?
on 22:34 - Jun 25 with 3538 views_

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:33 - Jun 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

That was newsworthy because it was an uncommon event. I doubt there was no violence or criminality as Glastonbury right? I'm sure,for example, absolutely no one took any narcotic substances all weekend?

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:36 - Jun 25 with 3533 viewsvapour_trail

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:33 - Jun 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

Some scally nicked my shades of my head when I was completely spangled on shrooms there one year, and by the time I realised he'd gone.

I still haven't reported it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:36 - Jun 25 with 3533 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

on 16:41 - Jun 25 by _

You had better hope he doesn,t make online banking compulsory then

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:36 - Jun 25 with 3531 viewsm14_blue

The people's prime minister giving a speech at Glastonbury! on 22:31 - Jun 25 by Ryorry

He really is, well worth an in-depth look. Incredible childhood (not in a good way).

Yep.

Did you watch My Boy Jack with Harry Potter as jack? Superbly done although barely scratched the surface of Kipling himself.
The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:38 - Jun 25 with 3518 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The people's prime minister giving an impromptu speech at Glastonbury! on 22:36 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

Some scally nicked my shades of my head when I was completely spangled on shrooms there one year, and by the time I realised he'd gone.

I still haven't reported it.

I had my bag nicked from my tent in 95

Didn't spoil it tho from what i dimly remember
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024