Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? 21:03 - Jun 24 with 3472 viewsLord_Lucan

All websites point to no but wondered if anyone had any advice.

Just a split nail but poor old biscuit is limping.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:11 - Jun 24 with 3437 viewsthorpedo

Have often given my cocker spaniels half a paracetemol when they have been limping for no obvious reason (pulled muscle presumably). Vets don't like you to advise this as they don't get £30 off you for a consultation. I'd give your pooch something if he's in pain.
Disclaimer - I am not a qualified vet! Hope he's better soon.

Thorpedo

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:23 - Jun 24 with 3392 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

After you moaned at me for treating my dog to some of my cheese and onion crisps

I would suggest no on the tablets though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:32 - Jun 24 with 3370 viewsLord_Lucan

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:23 - Jun 24 by The_Romford_Blue

After you moaned at me for treating my dog to some of my cheese and onion crisps

I would suggest no on the tablets though

It was chocolate biscuits I moaned about. Chocolate is very bad for dogs.

I'm not going to give him a tablet anyway, if anything happened I would be mortified.

And in any case, he is a bit of a tough guy anyway, you could whack him over the bonce with a plank of wood and he would wag his tail.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:36 - Jun 24 with 3354 viewsPJH

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:32 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

It was chocolate biscuits I moaned about. Chocolate is very bad for dogs.

I'm not going to give him a tablet anyway, if anything happened I would be mortified.

And in any case, he is a bit of a tough guy anyway, you could whack him over the bonce with a plank of wood and he would wag his tail.

That's no way to treat your son.
Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:37 - Jun 24 with 3344 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:36 - Jun 24 by PJH

That's no way to treat your son.

Made me the man I am today!

Poll: Best Football Song

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 21:59 - Jun 24 with 3298 viewsFixed_It

Would advise soluble aspirin rather then paracetamol. Old skool vets used to recommend it.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 21:59]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:07 - Jun 24 with 3227 viewsGeoffSentence

Got to be careful with paracetomol for dogs, it can be toxic , as most dogs are smaller than people it can be easy to overdose them. The general advice is to never gi ve human painkillers to dogs. Is there an out of hours vet service you caould call? Or the PDSA maybe.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:15 - Jun 24 with 3207 viewsLord_Lucan

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:07 - Jun 24 by GeoffSentence

Got to be careful with paracetomol for dogs, it can be toxic , as most dogs are smaller than people it can be easy to overdose them. The general advice is to never gi ve human painkillers to dogs. Is there an out of hours vet service you caould call? Or the PDSA maybe.

It's fine, it's as hard as nails.

I'm being daft and soft.

Login to get fewer ads

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:18 - Jun 24 with 3194 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:15 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

It's fine, it's as hard as nails.

I'm being daft and soft.

He hunts rabbits, I think he'll survive a broken nail.

Poll: Best Football Song

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:25 - Jun 24 with 3193 viewsGeoffSentence

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:18 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

He hunts rabbits, I think he'll survive a broken nail.

Maybe he is why have seen so few rabbits this year. I've seen ore hares than rabbits in the ipswich-shotley-sudbury golden triangle this year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:41 - Jun 24 with 3169 viewsLord_Lucan

Can you give your dog paracetamol or similar for pain relief? on 23:25 - Jun 24 by GeoffSentence

Maybe he is why have seen so few rabbits this year. I've seen ore hares than rabbits in the ipswich-shotley-sudbury golden triangle this year.

He has only caught one rabbit and that was a dead one the other day. I tried to get it off him but he was having none of it, once his jaws are locked that's it. In the end I had to just rip (quire literally) both ends of the rabbit from his jaw and he then proceeded to crunch and swallow the middle bit.

We have a warehouse in former RAF Bentwaters and it used to be teaming with rabbits but there are loads and loads of dead ones recently

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024