Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto 21:44 - Jun 24 with 10278 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:36 - Jun 25 with 1616 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:29 - Jun 25 by GunnsAirkick

Saw The Streets at Reading in 2004, I see what you're getting at as although it's a rock festival primarily (or at least used to be) he totally won over the crowd. It was a really great performance by him and the rest of his band.

I've seen Foo Fighters many times, so I'm used to Dave Grohl talking a lot and his 'style' but I dunno, it just seemed excessive tonight. I know you'll never please everyone though, I do think it's crazy they only played four songs off their first two albums though!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:30]

I've seen The Streets/Mike Skinner 6 times- he has never disappointed. By far my favourite artist.

When I was about 16 I took advantage of my Dad (Lucan) when he came home from the pub. I convinced him we should bid for tickets to see him on ebay. To his dismay he wasn't outbid. He drove so we were both a lot more sober than we would've wanted to be. He even admitted afterwards that he was a natural performer.

I wouldn't even be able to name a Foo Fighters album so can't really comment on that. As someone who was indifferent towards them though, they have now rocketed up in my estimations.

Poll: Best Football Song

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:41 - Jun 25 with 1604 viewshoppy

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:11 - Jun 25 by GunnsAirkick

They need to play some more stuff off their brilliant first two albums. Can't believe they played fecking Wheels, it's rubbish.

I'm a huge fan but all the talking is bloody annoying too. Compare this set with the one they did at Reading a few years ago and it's no contest (great Queen cover mind).

Yeah.., thought under pressure was excellent - a good tribute to both Freddie and Bowie I thought.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:01 - Jun 25 with 1574 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:36 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I've seen The Streets/Mike Skinner 6 times- he has never disappointed. By far my favourite artist.

When I was about 16 I took advantage of my Dad (Lucan) when he came home from the pub. I convinced him we should bid for tickets to see him on ebay. To his dismay he wasn't outbid. He drove so we were both a lot more sober than we would've wanted to be. He even admitted afterwards that he was a natural performer.

I wouldn't even be able to name a Foo Fighters album so can't really comment on that. As someone who was indifferent towards them though, they have now rocketed up in my estimations.

I worked in the student union throughout my time at Exeter and saw the streets several times. We did their after show lock in one night - dont remember much, but recall Mike Skinner being unreal at table football. I fancied myself as relatively decent, but barely won a point over several games.
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:03 - Jun 25 with 1572 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:01 - Jun 25 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I worked in the student union throughout my time at Exeter and saw the streets several times. We did their after show lock in one night - dont remember much, but recall Mike Skinner being unreal at table football. I fancied myself as relatively decent, but barely won a point over several games.

I'm pretty sure he mentions table football in his autobiography, which I need to reread.

I'd say he was the best British artist/band to come through in the noughties.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:07 - Jun 25 with 1568 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:03 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I'm pretty sure he mentions table football in his autobiography, which I need to reread.

I'd say he was the best British artist/band to come through in the noughties.

I do have a love for bloc party circa 2004-7 before they went a bit/lot sh*t
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:16 - Jun 25 with 1555 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 01:07 - Jun 25 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I do have a love for bloc party circa 2004-7 before they went a bit/lot sh*t

Yeah I was talking about them the other day, they've really been forgotten by a lot haven't they- which is a shame.

Silent Alarm was a great album.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 09:21 - Jun 25 with 1484 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:46 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Yeah, it really does look like something special.

My brother-in-law loves them and was supposed to see them when he broke his leg, he'll be gutted when he sees this.

Oh well, I did get him a second hand dvd of them for Christmas.

Now watching the rest of the show on iPlayer (went to bed at 11 as I was knackered).

I was also meant to see them (at Wembley) just after he broke his leg.

NEED to see them. So good.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024