Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to 22:48 - Jun 24 with 34642 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rules: Has to be a genuine possibility of them touring again.

Fleetwood Mac (will make sure I do)

Daft Punk (watched a documentary on them once and they really push the limits. It will also be a massive occasion as they haven't toured in yonks)

The Killers (possibly the best band to emerge in my era)

Special mention goes to Coldplay. I know I'll get lynched for it, but I can't help but like them. My mate Dave the Rave went last year with work and he said they were incredible.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:26 - Jun 25 with 8493 viewsblueislander

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:57 - Jun 24 by WeWereZombies

Seen Supertramp twice - first time in Felixstowe, second time in Ipswich. Saw Fleetwood Mac at the Baths Hall in late 1971. Never seen Primal Scream but my brother was drumming with a pick up band who used some rehearsal rooms on the South Bank. Taking a bit of time out he started chatting to another muso doing the same thing, explained him and his mates were just having a bit of a laugh and asked the other guy if he was up to anything special, a bit miffed at not being recognised the other guy says 'yes, I play guitar in Primal Scream'.

The Only Ones

Radiohead

Most of Traffic have passed on but if Steve Winwood could form something with the same vibe that would be worth a look.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:07]

In the mid 60s you could have seen Stevie Winwood in Ipswich at least once a month. Spencer Davis were regulars at Bluesville. When Keep on Running made the charts they had to move the venue from The Manor Ballroom to The Baths Hall to accomodate everyone
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:27 - Jun 25 with 8493 viewsFtnfwest

Garth brooks,Bob seger, the jam
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:28 - Jun 25 with 8490 viewsWeWereZombies

on 08:23 - Jun 25 by _

The only time I met him he was at the desk and included MOSFET in his opening sentence. I used to work for a company that made amps so, showing off, I said 'Oh, Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors, eh'. That was it, subjected to a half hour monologue about recovering electrical components from World War II aircraft cockpits to put in his new mixing desk

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 8463 viewsWeWereZombies

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:26 - Jun 25 by blueislander

In the mid 60s you could have seen Stevie Winwood in Ipswich at least once a month. Spencer Davis were regulars at Bluesville. When Keep on Running made the charts they had to move the venue from The Manor Ballroom to The Baths Hall to accomodate everyone

OK, I deserve that 'Why didn't your ten year old self get down to the Manor' for crowing about seeing the bands Lucan wanted to see when he would have been probably even younger. I did see Thin Lizzy, Graham Parker and the Rumour plus quite a few others at the Manor Ballroom. And, of course, Zep at the Baths.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:39 - Jun 25 with 8465 viewsDubtractor

Late to this but.....most current bands I like I've got to see so possibly a little obscure on the modern front.

Fuzz - Ty Segall's protometal side project, love these a lot and tick pretty much every box for me!

Israel Nash - psych country/americana. The music is amazing and he has a great voice.

ZZ Top - Huge fan of their first 8 albums, went a bit off after that, but from what I understand they focus more on that blues rock sound these days.

Few other older acts that I'd like to see, but fear they might be a bit naff now so avoid, Simple Minds, Smashing Pumpkins for example.

A few months ago I would probably have said Soundgarden.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:43 - Jun 25 with 8446 viewsartsbossbeard

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:39 - Jun 25 by Dubtractor

Late to this but.....most current bands I like I've got to see so possibly a little obscure on the modern front.

Fuzz - Ty Segall's protometal side project, love these a lot and tick pretty much every box for me!

Israel Nash - psych country/americana. The music is amazing and he has a great voice.

ZZ Top - Huge fan of their first 8 albums, went a bit off after that, but from what I understand they focus more on that blues rock sound these days.

Few other older acts that I'd like to see, but fear they might be a bit naff now so avoid, Simple Minds, Smashing Pumpkins for example.

Big Ty fan! Genius.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:46 - Jun 25 with 8443 viewsCoastalblue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:39 - Jun 25 by Dubtractor

I saw ZZ Top a couple of times in the 80's at Hammersmith Odeon and they were fantastic live, full of energy and I doubt their performances have lost that.
I'd certainly go see them again if the opportunity presented itself.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:50 - Jun 25 with 8435 viewsPJH

If anyone has still got Gerry Marsden on their "want to see" list they had better do it soon because seemingly this autumn's 60's tour is his farewell one.

I don't think that there is anyone that I have not seen and feasibly still could see (because they are still alive) that I am desperate to see although I have never seen the Rolling Stones live and wish that I had seen them in their pomp.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:56 - Jun 25 with 8431 viewsLord_Lucan

I've seen Simple Minds a couple of times and they are a fantastic live band. Their Wembley Stadium gig around 1989 was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, they were on for what seemed like hours.

I only found this last year, I still can't stop playing it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:01 - Jun 25 with 8424 viewsCoastalblue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:56 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I've seen Simple Minds a couple of times and they are a fantastic live band. Their Wembley Stadium gig around 1989 was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, they were on for what seemed like hours.

I only found this last year, I still can't stop playing it.

I saw them in the 80's too and what agree, what puts me off now is every time I see clips of them Jim Kerr looks like he's performing a Saturday night at Butlins.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:02 - Jun 25 with 8421 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:42 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

Seen Floyd (not with Gilmour and Waters but I have also seen them both solo a few times) and The Jam.

Talk Talk, really?

Talk Talk yes man, Mark Hollis is a genius and sadly a musical recluse.

Thought you might pick up on my Pink Floyd reference would have to be Gilmour and Waters back together for me.

Where did you see The Jam?
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:03 - Jun 25 with 8418 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:01 - Jun 25 by Coastalblue

I saw them in the 80's too and what agree, what puts me off now is every time I see clips of them Jim Kerr looks like he's performing a Saturday night at Butlins.

Well I don't know what Jim was doing in the clip I posted but I saw them a year or two ago and he was ok.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 8406 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:02 - Jun 25 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Talk Talk yes man, Mark Hollis is a genius and sadly a musical recluse.

Thought you might pick up on my Pink Floyd reference would have to be Gilmour and Waters back together for me.

Where did you see The Jam?

I saw The Jam at Hammersmith Odeon on the Sound Affects tour.

Saw The Gift in The Railway a few years back and spoke with Rick Buckler after the gig, I asked him to tell Paul Weller that he's a c*nt next time he bumps into him, he replied "I don't think I need to"

Took RKD along to see From the Jam at Hammy Odeon, they were fantastic.

Currently reading Bucklers autobiography, it's brilliant.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:10 - Jun 25 with 8402 viewsSuperfrans

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:09 - Jun 25 by AdmiralFunge

I'm genuinely envious, SF.

A mate saw them at the O2 a couple of years ago; was saying that the rigging above the stage was glowing red-hot from all the pyrotechnics on display.

They're a great band. I'm not a rock fan per se, but sometimes you have to take your hat off to a genuinely excellent live band.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:13 - Jun 25 with 8395 viewsSuperfrans

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:29 - Jun 25 by Godzilla

One of the greatest albums ever made.

Brian Wilson still performs Pet Sounds occasionally. I think he's either just on or just finished another tour of it. And, while his voice has gone and it isn't the original Beach Boys backing him, it's genuinely worthwhile for the original arrangements alone. BW as an arranger and producer is as important as his role as a musician and composer, in lots of ways. Definitely worth checking out, if you ever have a chance.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:15 - Jun 25 with 8395 viewsuefacup81

Springsteen

ELO

The Darkness

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:16 - Jun 25 with 8398 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:08 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I saw The Jam at Hammersmith Odeon on the Sound Affects tour.

Saw The Gift in The Railway a few years back and spoke with Rick Buckler after the gig, I asked him to tell Paul Weller that he's a c*nt next time he bumps into him, he replied "I don't think I need to"

Took RKD along to see From the Jam at Hammy Odeon, they were fantastic.

Currently reading Bucklers autobiography, it's brilliant.

Excellent, shame Weller choices to spoils it for the rest of us.

Would pay a lot to see Messrs Jones Simonon and Headon play together again I realise never the same without Strummer but still those 3 could carry off a one off evening.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 10:17]
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:17 - Jun 25 with 8395 viewsblueislander

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:50 - Jun 25 by PJH

If anyone has still got Gerry Marsden on their "want to see" list they had better do it soon because seemingly this autumn's 60's tour is his farewell one.

I don't think that there is anyone that I have not seen and feasibly still could see (because they are still alive) that I am desperate to see although I have never seen the Rolling Stones live and wish that I had seen them in their pomp.

Saw The Stones at The Gaumont in 64 when they were on the undercard to the Everlys, Little Richard, and Bo Diddley. Also saw one of The Bridges of Babylon gigs. They were fantastic.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:19 - Jun 25 with 8385 viewsSuperfrans

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:50 - Jun 25 by PJH

I do think this is partly the problem - I've seen the Stones 2/3 times and each time they were extremely disappointing. They are very old men now and have been for a long time. Oh to have seen them in 1967/8.

I feel the same about a lot of possible reunions, including the Smiths, the Kinks, I'm sure there'll be a bit of that with Fleetwood Mac. I saw Prophets Of Rage a couple of weeks ago (supergroup of RATM, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy) and they were genuinely still raging. But most bands of 50 year-olds don't have the edge they once did.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:22 - Jun 25 with 8382 viewsJ4ck22

I've seen The Killers live and they're pretty damn good. I'm seeing them again in a couple of weeks at Hyde Park actually. They're also apparently doing a surprise set at Glasto tonight, but not sure if it will be broadcast at all!

As for the question I'd kill to see Muse live, along with Foo Fighters and I'd also agree with Coldplay because even though I'm not their biggest fan they do seem to put on a great show.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:32 - Jun 25 with 8367 viewstractordownsouth

Stone Roses
Stevie Wonder
Arctic Monkeys

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:37 - Jun 25 with 8363 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:22 - Jun 25 by J4ck22

I've seen The Killers live and they're pretty damn good. I'm seeing them again in a couple of weeks at Hyde Park actually. They're also apparently doing a surprise set at Glasto tonight, but not sure if it will be broadcast at all!

As for the question I'd kill to see Muse live, along with Foo Fighters and I'd also agree with Coldplay because even though I'm not their biggest fan they do seem to put on a great show.

Twin of a friend of mine used to do the lighting for Muse, not sure if he still does.

I bumped into said twin at V when he was working for Muse, I probably wasn't in the best shape but I refused to accept he wasn't may mate and was the twin

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:46 - Jun 25 with 8346 viewstomo

The Streets
Oasis
The Libertines

Should be solving the third this summer but not holding out much hope for the other two.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:50 - Jun 25 with 8342 viewstomo

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:00 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Seen LCD Soundsystem - superb.

Gorillaz are also on my list. Should probably add Radiohead too to be fair. Since Jake said they were the best recording band in the world, I have struggled to think of a counter argument.

Saw Gorillaz at Bennicassim a few years back, they put on a great show. If I remember correctly they were sandwiched in between The Specials and Ian Brown. The line up that year was insane.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 8339 viewsBlue_Order

The Smiths
Sonic Youth
Pavement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024