Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to 22:48 - Jun 24 with 34666 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rules: Has to be a genuine possibility of them touring again.

Fleetwood Mac (will make sure I do)

Daft Punk (watched a documentary on them once and they really push the limits. It will also be a massive occasion as they haven't toured in yonks)

The Killers (possibly the best band to emerge in my era)

Special mention goes to Coldplay. I know I'll get lynched for it, but I can't help but like them. My mate Dave the Rave went last year with work and he said they were incredible.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:42 - Jun 25 with 2274 viewsjaykay

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:11 - Jun 25 by PJH

I remember the Sombrero but not sure exactly when it was open.

I have got Creedence Clearwater hits on LP and cassette and John Fogerty on CD.

Around that time if it was not Creedence Clearwater on the Wagon juke box it was "All Right Now" or "Lola" or Mungo Jerry.

the lads in my pub anthem in the 60s was" we gotta get out of this place "and "its my life"both by the great eric burden and the animals

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:55 - Jun 25 with 2254 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:42 - Jun 25 by jaykay

the lads in my pub anthem in the 60s was" we gotta get out of this place "and "its my life"both by the great eric burden and the animals

I think the original "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum was also out in those Wagon & Horses days, so many memories.

I liked The Animals too, in fact I liked most 60's groups in varying degrees.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 22:20 - Jun 25 with 2216 viewsMelford

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:29 - Jun 25 by Godzilla

One of the greatest albums ever made.

I saw Brian Wilson play Smile in full at the Ipswich Regent in 2004/5. Absolutely brilliant.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 22:22 - Jun 25 with 2213 viewsvapour_trail

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 22:20 - Jun 25 by Melford

I saw Brian Wilson play Smile in full at the Ipswich Regent in 2004/5. Absolutely brilliant.

Oi melfers, where's the ride review?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:19 - Jun 25 with 2193 viewsMelford

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:19 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I think people are being very harsh on The Stones - maybe that's the cool thing to do these days.

I think Start me Up was the last "Great" track but there have been very good ones since and absolutely blooming loads after Brown Sugar.

Not sure either how people can say they have been rubbish live for years, I've seen them loads of times and they have always been excellent - the last one in 2013 when I took the kids and family friends and they all had the time of their life.

I've seen them twice, one at the old Wembley and once at Twickenham. Went with my old man and my mum and my uncle and my aunt to Twickers in 06, my old man is a Stones nut and a proper old-school hippy back in the day. Used to tell me all these stories about how he'd seen the Stones for free in Hyde Park in 69 after Brian Jones died sat up a tree. I had 2 little scotch bottles taped to one thigh and a baccy pouch covered in cling film with 20 one-skinner joints in it on the other. My old man still likes a smoke so he was alright, my uncle hadn't been near a jazz cigarette for years started giving it billy big billocks "oh, give us a few on that "and had a few puffs, and a few puffs of the next one. Then he pulled a whitey. Stumbling all over the place. The Stones were ***king briliiant though. It's a good 10 years since I last saw them but I was blown away by their energy. They clearly don't need the money, they are rich enough, they do it because they love to play rock and roll music to as many people as they can as long as they can. Their beloved bluesmen like Muddy Waters and Bo Diddley played into old age until they dropped.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:29 - Jun 26 with 2165 viewsitfcpaul

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:59 - Jun 24 by AdmiralFunge

Metallica
Rammstein
Kraftwerk

The last one is a bit of a cheat. I saw them at Tribal Gathering in 96, but I was too young and too banjaxed to get the full effect.

Rammstein like propane.

Saw Kraftwerk Friday at Royal Albert Hall

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 02:28 - Jun 26 with 2141 viewsBinner

Golden Gate Quartet - Formed in 1930s and still going though they've had a few changes of personnel down the years. They backed Lead Belly on some of his best songs in the 1940s.

Reverend Peyton's big Damn Band - I read somewhere that they'll be in UK in the autumn.

Bob Dylan.

Next choice would be Paul Simon.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 08:52 - Jun 26 with 2105 viewsRadlett_blue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:53 - Jun 25 by footers

Think I need a time machine for mine since they're all still about but are nothing compared to former glories. But that's probably true of most posts here!

Dead Kennedys - As mentioned previously in the thread. One of the best punk bands ever. Seeing Jello in his prime would've been something special.

Buzzcocks - Howard Devoto 'era' (ie one EP) please. Can't bring myself to see them now.

Throbbing Gristle - Seen Psychic TV a few times but just nothing like TG. Same with Chris and Cosey- love them but nowhere near the same!

Thankfully saw Kraftwerk for the first time a couple of years ago- best gig I've ever been to I reckon. Acid is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Little cousin went to Latitude and hadn't heard of them; I told him to see them or I'd never speak to him again. He went, he saw, he loved.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 15:55]

Saw Buzzcocks (no Devoto, but Shelley & Diggle) & they weren't very good.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:21 - Jun 26 with 2092 viewsJakeITFC

LCD Soundsystem
The xx
The Streets

I'm seeing the top two in September, and Mike Skinner is DJing somewhere in Ibiza on Monday so I'll ask him to sort the third out for us.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:24 - Jun 26 with 2089 viewsuncle

Eels - had tickets to see them 3 times, but for various reasons never actually got to see them. I'm convinced they're one of the most underrated bands.

Eminem - I just imagine he'd be great live.

Paul Simon. Just because.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024